Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Are there still spots open in the guild? Would totally love to join! I'm level 34 and rank 1 in pvp. My game name is Kiralee. Would love an invite if possible. Can absolutely contribute the 800g and I am active since I play every day. Not sure how well I'll go in pvp as recently I keep getting matched to people 10 levels higher

2. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Im looking for a guild, just started so only level 11, but will certainly be active because I'm loving this so far! Im Womble in game.

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Drop your current guild. It will be worth it, we should get the keys reward tonight I hope.

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yeah, PvP is a lot about paying 10 additional gold to search for new opponents, until their levels drop into viable ranges ;)

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Every time you exit the app fully and come back in, you get a new opponent.

Exploit? Perhaps, if you do it repeatedly. However, I just completely exit when I feel like stopping, and have a new match when I feel like playing.

But yeah, it doesn't pay at all to reach for higher levels in pvp. Because if you win, they will use "defend" to steal gold back. I don't know yet whether you can shelter your gold by spending it after a big win, or they can get gold from you later when you get more. I believe they can get more, because I have 3 people on the defend list, and the gold amounts seem to change. So if that is right, it really doesn't pay to challenge a higher level.

6. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Have you figured out a way to set your defense lineup? I've played a couple of people who had their player character in different slots, which would appear to suggest that they did that manually.

7. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    when is this coming to the US? Please someone give me a date haha:D

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I've totally been in your spot, unable to figure out something that is actually incredibly simple, but, I'm sure you'll understand, you still have to get the mocking smiley face :D. All you do is tap or double tap on the portrait of each hero in your party, and you can remove them. Double tap on the empty spot to pick a new one. Easy as pie. You can also click on the banners in the lower right to have multiple parities. Depending on the banner you pick, your troops from the same city as the banner get a bonus.

If your hero has to use the same color as troops with a better power, then yeah, he should probably not be first. And if you have all high level high quality troops, maybe you don't bring your hero at all.

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Dude, I was reluctant to mess with foreign app stores myself, but I googled New Zealand App Store Account or something like that, followed the instructions and was done in 5 minutes. Its easy, free, and without any long term consequence. You'll keep all your progress, and the game is already polished. Sure, some stuff may change, but its not a beta, its ready to go.

10. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    The only difficulty i heard is if you use itunes gift cards as your payment method, then your balance has to be at zero to change account to a NZ account

11. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012

Eh no, just sign out. I did it with my US account having $30.

12. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Is the data universal though? Like if I make it and play with it on my NZ account will it be transferred to my US account when it goes global? I would hate to lose the data by having to switch back over.

Also could I seriously just download from the NZ account in iTunes then switch back to the US account and play that way here in the states under my US account? I suppose that would be cheating the system and I could get all out of US releases before everyone else. Maybe I'm over complicating this or overthinking it hahahaha:confused:

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    No worries, I was in the same boat. They give you a code to retrieve account data regardless of device. That code will pull your account up regardless of the app store version you have. So, yeah, you'll be able to switch to the us version.

Before US version comes out, you can switch back to US iTunes and the app is unaffected. Theoretically, you might miss a NZ update I guess, not sure about that. But switching takes 5 seconds once its set up.

And no, you couldn't get foreign releases before everyone else because tons of people do this. Its just that easy - 5 minutes.

14. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Thanks Art!
    So do I have to stay logged into the NZ account to play it? Then switch back to play any of my other games?

15. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    You can also drag/drop units to change order.

16. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    The lack of information about a US release is making me annoyed. I'm tempted to make a NZ account but I worry that it would be difficult to transfer that purchase to a new device (hoping to get a newer IPad under the tree this year).

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    No, once its on your device, the app store it came from is irrelevant. (Except for updates I believe.)

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #178 ArtNJ, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    No, they have a thing in account information where they give you a code that if you write it down, you can play on any device using that code.

Its basically an advanced beta. (Thats the whole idea of limited release.) Its in good shape, but there have been a few minor things that have been caught recently. We also pointed out a few minor things that are a little lame, like the fact that when you get a super-rare, super-important drop, it happens so unobtrusively you don't even notice it. Depending on what they intend to do about some of these things, it could definitely take a while to come to the US.

19. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    For most games you would likely lose your save, but in this game your character is stored on their server, not your device. Its designed so you can play the same character on multiple devices

I stand corrected. Ive never had to do the account switch myself

20. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    OK, y'all have convinced me. Time to become an honorary kiwi. I've always wanted to visit there anyway...