Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'll invite you now. Let me know if your ign is different.

We will not likely compete with people that spend lots of real $. We will require actual contributions from members to get tangible benefits that make the members stronger. First up: (1) the package that includes two free keys (which would normally cost 2,000 if you bought them outside a guild) for all members (requiring all members to contribute 800 gold within 1 week of joining); and (2) 100 trophies by Sunday.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've the level and the dough. All I need is the guild.

3. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Art....shoot me in invite. IGN Havelcek

Level 21 and playing actively....I have gold to contribute.

4. nekros

nekros Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Well, that may explain why I'm broke. Guess I need to drag it out longer, I'm assuming I make cash off 4-matches. I just pulled an alchemist, so there's some more cash, if you can cascade yellow :)

Guess I need to strategize more. Been knocking out challenges too fast...

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #145 ArtNJ, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    There are a couple of challenges in Broken Spire -- the 3rd and 4th I think -- where the first enemy is has 0 attack. I think its called the wall? Anyway, as long as you don't kill it, the remaining enemies don't do much damage via skills. You just need sufficient way to heal or add armor, and you can play forever. Some way to boost the attack of your troops (not the one in the first slot, as accidental skull matches do occur) is also good, as when you finally decide to kill em, it can take a long while do to all the reinforcing the wall does.

One good strategy is to put the upgrade epic in the first slot (only 2 attack, reduces damage from accidental hits). Combined with a healer or armor adder, you should be good to go.

I have never earned more than 180 gold doing that, because I don't have enough patience, (180 took a good while) but you really can go infinitely. Of course, I doubt there are a ton of spots like that, so don't waste it unless you really intend to farm.

6. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    The epic character you get for finishing the zhul'kari area would fit very well with that strategy, as she converts all gems of a certain colour into gold. Sadly ive already finished the wall challenges, but i perhaps i can find a similar challenge.

Im interested in joining the new guild. Im sure i can find a couple of hours on sunday to grind out some pvp. However my current guild is within 2000 gold of finishing the exploration quest, so im going to hang around for that

7. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Do you gave any slots free?, sounds like a fun guild to be part of......if so invite me please, Phoenix24 #

8. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Not sure what's going on with guild trophies. I've won 14, lost 2 today but our guild is at a total of 4.

I've had no battles available via Defend so is it other guild members losing that is lowering our total count?

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    You are in a guild. If you leave your guild and give me a couple hours notice, I'll definitely invite you before tonight's 5% gold bonus.

We are at 5/10 right now. They are all recruited from here, and everyone is contributing already. We are 3,900/8000 for exploration, and I haven't even finished my 800 contribution yet.

I'm excited to have 10/10 people that actually contribute.

10. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I have some questions.

Should I wait for the worldwide launch to play this game? Is there a wipe when it goes worldwide release ?

11. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I'm waiting for your invite captain...

12. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Can i have an invite to the toucharcade guild please? Ive left my other guild. Im level 31 and active, obviously. My invite code is snotty

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Will send invite to Match Masters now, you'll bring us to 7 TA members. I'll set up a PM list so that we can chat about stuff without bothering everyone in the next few days.

I plan to give it another day or so to see if we can get 10 TA members. At some point, we'll have to recruit some filler and see if they contribute, but hoping not to o.

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    My pal Siniom (TA handle as well as username for Gems) is not quite of the same esteemed level as the rest of the guild, but he is good for the 800, and would probably find additional incentive to play if he was in a TA guild.

15. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    How do you see the number of trophies that you have or any other type of pvp information?

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thats fine. Level requirement is mostly just to make sure people are going to stick with it, but I guess it doesn't matter. Anyone who contributes the 800 is obviously in the guild through the 2 key reward.

Not sure what comes after the two key reward. I saw what comes after the 3,000 quest -- a quest that gives 5 of the special currency. Not too high on that one since you need 15 of that currency to buy anything.

17. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    In the other guild we got the 2 guild currency, ten souls task after completing the key task. Our guild already has that task up though

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Sounds like no need to plan ahead then. If it's randomly assigned or whatever then let's just always work on whatever currently offers the best reward

19. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Don't think you can check individual trophy count. I was just adding up the +trophy messages in the Activity log to guesstimate overall trophy count.

Some strange stuff in Activity: when someone steals a trophy you'll see "Name ($2) stole trophy from ####." Where I'm guessing the #### is supposed to be some in guild's name.

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Opened the TA guild to outsiders for now. If they don't contribute the 800 gold they will promptly be booted. If they do contribute, I think its still fair to boot them (after they get the reward ofc) if a TA member wants in.

Just didn't know whether we would get two more members given the limited release, and I don't want folks to have to wait for their keys (or overpay).