Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    So far, I haven't got any keys from pvp, just seemingly random missions. In addition to gold and trophies, PVP seems to yield 4 souls per win.

I've cleared 2 cities, and have acquired 1 ultra rare and maybe 5 or 6 rares.

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Suggestions:

(1) a better way to keep track of your trophies, and trophies possessed by guild mates. This morning, I had lost 3 trophies, which wasn't noted anywhere -- no defenses possible.

(2) PvP matchmaking seems kind of wonky. I'm on rank 3 or 4, riding a win streak of around 10. I'm consistently getting matched with much lower level players (a lot of level 15s, I'm lvl 25), even though when I was lower ranked, I saw opponents as high as level 30.

(3) earning a key is special. So why the heck isn't it announced when it happens? Instead, you exit the mission and just happen to maybe notice the chest button has a number there.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Would be nice to see our guild get a little better :p

4. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    The key thing really surprises me. Ive once seen the key graphic float upwards from a match, but ive missed it many more times than that. Getting a key is a big deal, its like getting a match worth 1000 gold after all.

The actual reveal of the cards when you use the key is really well done. Theres the suspense of the chest shaking and spitting out your turned over cards, and the excitement of pressing them one by one to reveal what they are. Opening booster packs is one of the most thrilling things about trading card games. Its baffling that theres not more fan fare when youre actually awarded a booster.

5. Nigon

Nigon Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Haven't been making any gold at all, will pay more attention to earning it during matches. Anyways my concern is that I've now gone 8 levels without my hero gaining any stats while levelling up. Seems like I'm gonna need to reroll at some point because I'll be way too weak compared to others.

Anyone else experiencing this? It doesn't seem right to me that you gain nothing for a level. The randomness for which stat improves I can deal with, but nothing? It doesn't seem to happen when levelling troops though.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Do some PVP, and you'll see you have just as many points as other heroes of your level. Everyone hits the dry spot I guess. AFAIK, the only real variability is that maybe two level 22-28 heroes might differ in that one has an extra health, one an extra armor, or 1 more or less attack. (Thats where I hit a big dry spot anyway. I did eventually get another point at 29 or 30 I think). I'm not sure why they do it that way, something to do with not outgrowing the content I'm sure, but its not very satisfying to be sure.

PVP helps a lot with gold. Sometimes. And sometimes you can lose a lot of gold. Just be careful who you fight, and don't sit on your orbs. There are plenty more to be had.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Have you guys experienced where if you pick one color for your mana upgrade, that is the color weapon you'll get? And it seems that the more upgrades you have, the better the weapon?

Kind of wondering if I should have spread it around so much. I want my hero using a green weapon at the moment, so I'm going to try and pump green a bit and see what happens.

8. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Any update for a US release? Because I've been throwing money at my IPad screen and it doesn't seem to be helping.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #129 Pitta, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    My main character has leveled up several times without getting any stat improvement (almost level 30 now, can't remember exactly).

EDIT: It must be said that many times when leveling up, I got TWO stats increases.

With 2 legendaries in the party, it's not that big problem...game is almost too easy now.
    In particular I have the Keeper of Souls that is a real beast (transforms in skulls any color of choice, leading to huge chains if you play well with other characters filling the board).

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #130 Misguided, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    Absolutely agreed, and I've said as much on the dev forum. I was thinking of making mention of it again. I also saw the key one time, but have earned a chest 8-10 times. It was TINY.

Pitta, I'm also not sure I've seen a stat increase post-level 20 (edit:nevermind, got one at 29)

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Gold making tip. In Broken Spire, the "Stone Wall" challenge has a guy with 0 attack in the first slot. Fill your party with guys that do armor or healing, and your first slot with a low attack hero, and you can play here as long as you want.

Its really, really, really boring. Really. But you can make 200 gold here if your patient.

12. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Along those lines the battle victory screen is somewhat...pathetic. That's supposed to be fireworks?? I'm hoping that's just a place holder.

Have you ever played Peggle? When you finish a board on that it blasts you with awesomeness. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Db064UAdXRg

13. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Looking for a guild...in game name is LAMBER.

14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    The network? Do explain. I havent encountered any networks in this game.

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Starting a guild later today. The guild will be by invite only, with 3 requirements for membership:

(1) a level requirement, just to make sure people know what they are getting into. Maybe level 15?;

(2) a gold contribution requirement, 800 gold within 7 days. The reason for this is that 8000 gold buys everyone in the guild 2 keys -- i.e. you will be paying 40% of the sale price.

(3) ability to arrange your trophy farming so that you end up with over 10 trophies on Sunday night. Its very hard to keep your trophies, so if we want to get over 100 trophies for the guild as a whole, and get the 10% permanent bonus to the daily bonus gold, we need to time our push at the same time. We'll also need to be full, so we may or may not be ready for our first push this weekend.

Even if you indicated your looking for a guild above, you need to indicate interest in mine to get an invite because this won't be an entirely casual guild. No difficult requirements, just minor stuff, but its not going to be a don't contribute if you don't feel like it guild.

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Any update on US release yet...

17. nekros

nekros Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Really liking this game so far, but I am a little confused. Playing some challenges I seem to be losing money. I started with 423 g, made several four matches, won, and now I have 400 g?.

I am liking the game a lot though. Only bought a couple of cities but meticulously clearing each at a time. I have a blade dancer I love (does damage to several enemies at once) and the templar that adds defence I combo with the green he makes.

18. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Each fight you enter costs money.

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #139 ArtNJ, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    Ok, just started Match Masters guild!

As I mentioned above, its by invite only so that I know who the group is and can ask everyone to push for Trophies by Sunday. (Its impossible to hold your trophies, if the guild wants to go over 100, and lock in a higher cash bonus, we need to pick a target date.) Also want people that will eventually contribute cash regularly. (Eventually, new cities cost 1500+, so contributing 800 gold to get the free 2 keys for all of us is not a biggie, but obviously people will need time to contribute their share of that.)

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    If you plan to make this a kickass competetive guild, then i want in :p