Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Cryptikx

Cryptikx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Ahh, I remember Reingard now. He is not listed in the official troop list. Unfortunately, I did not pick him up at the time... =/

2. Mojocuervo

Mojocuervo Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    California
    I think you mean Ragnagord. He's on that troop list.

3. Cryptikx

Cryptikx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    So it is Ragnagord. I just copied and pasted his name from Art, I blame him ;)
    Thanks for pointing it out.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I think of him as the Reindeer so its hard to remember real name. Not a bad epic, can build some fast teams with him. Stats arent very tanky, but does have 9 attack, and makes a decent troop to go in second or third slot.

5. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Hi again - Thrill Kill Kult just hit level 11 and is now looking for member number 20! While we are no Match Masters with a top 5 PvP ranking, we did just break the top 100, and have lots of active gold donators.

If you are looking for a guild, just PM me, we are a mix of people from both here on TA and Pocket Tactics.

6. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    TA Light is a guild of TA members looking for member #20 and #21. we are ranked #22 and very much alive and kicking. PM me or Rune42 if you are interested.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Anyone remember where we got Fortissimo? He seems to be in donate only mode, but has been active in the past so I don't want to boot without chat if I can. I made that mistake once already, felt very bad the person was offended.

8. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Think he might have been from online when we opened up the guild to anyone to join. Could be wrong

9. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    1 Star. I know it was free, and yeah I got a couple hours of entertainment from it before it started to annoy me too much to delete. The biggest annoyance is the enemy "AI" which seemed like it simply cheated to give itself combos. Further, unlike in Pizzle Quest, it is hard to develop a real strategy when what pword you have available is random. Way too many of them are basically useless, and just become a chore of churcming them back into a measly. 5 souls.

I would probably play a premium version that didn't have a "gotta catch Em all" feel. No I don't want to catch them all. Playing as one race with a Vampire a Golem, and a Treant as my party just seems stupid.

10. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Really like the game and hope it continues with more content/modes/events/balance but I've never seen a game with AI that cheats this much with RNG lol. Always seems to rain huge combos for the AI in dire moments to sweep lol.

11. Cherway

Cherway Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Nice name again :)

12. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    The game doesn't cheat. The Devs put up a link to a very interesting research article where they looked at AI Cheating perception. It is in the beginning of the thread. Having played the game almost every day since it launched, I can say with confidence that the AI is fair.

If I can find the link, I will attach it. Give the game a chance and it will reward you, I promise.

13. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I dug up the link about AI Cheating and Recall Bias by the developers. It is an interesting read in game design as well. Enjoy.

http://gemsofwar.com/forums/topic/cascades-and-shuffles/

14. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Whats a great team for Gorgotha? I don't have a Carnex or Bat yet though...

15. Lacedolphin3

Lacedolphin3 Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Any way to find active/chatty guilds? I'm currently in a guild but feel like I'm doing half the work myself!

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Gemsofwar.com has a guilds forum. My guild would be perfect for you but we don't have an opening at the moment, and I'm not sure when we will.

17. Lacedolphin3

Lacedolphin3 Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Looking to get into an active top10 guild, daily play, donate at least 1000 a day, around 10 to 15 trophy a day, got sick of being in a quiet guild and doing all the work!! Invite is LACE2

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
  19. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    The new weapon is godly both for damage and my set up :) finally a weapon I can put to good use

20. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Just wanted to mention that I am really enjoying this update - I've probably spent as much time in 1.05 as I had in all the previous versions together - so many new goals and fun activities

Just too bad the arena sucks up so much gold - guilds may begin to suffer.