Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    This looks good to me. The prior build, with Behemoth and Goblin Shaman looked good too, but this does look better.

Was actually talking about this with Misguided yesterday. Venoxia could also pair well with Webspinner. Not a ton of damage in that combo, but great cycling. Brian the Lucky uses green, and could make sense in any build where two or more troops get nutty if hit by +magic. For example, if either Venoxia or Webspinner got hit by +magic, you'd likely cycle endlessly till opponent dead and make 100s of gold in the process. Behemoth would also get kind of nutty if hit by +magic...lots of options.

IMHO Venoxia is one of those troops that people underestimate. Some people don't use, and some stick Venoxia in random builds without a lot of synergy. Its just not a great Legendary in low-synergy builds

2. lostcamel

lostcamel Member

Dec 19, 2014
    #742 lostcamel, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    I'm still going strong with my Hero(green), Silent one, Carnex, Behemoth setup. Rarely lose, if ever.
    Leveled up Brian for first place, didn't like it. Would LOVE to try Venoxia for last place. Sheggra might be TOP pick there I guess.
    I'm not even using my new gorgotha and shadow dragon.

Did run into Venoxia + Brian, it was pretty sick.

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I am using the exact same build as you since yesterday. Tried hero with new red-generator weapon, and might go back to that since it does speed Carnex a little, but its not a clear upgrade over a good green weapon. Will experiment with Gorgotha in the first slot as well, some people use that with Carnex & Behemoth despite the color overlap.

4. lostcamel

lostcamel Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Lol! yeah it works good, doesn't it? I tried the torch thingy as well :) Funny, but I'd rather have the 10 damage to hit paladins with, since it's the only directional damage and behemoth is so slow to power up in back behind with silent one eating blue. Gorgotha in first ate too much yellow for me.
    Might experiment with mountain crusher (brown weap) in first sometime soon.

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, I actually have The Silent One last, but that is a matter of taste I think. I'm currently using the green weapon that eats green to add damage (Eagle Eye, 20 mastery), and it usually does 11 or 12 but is a little too slow to charge for my taste (13 mana required). Now that you have mentioned whacking a paladin, I'm actually thinking that maybe the 3 mastery green weapon would be best in this build since it will charge really fast. At least until I get the 25 mastery weapon (want to be able to one shot enemy Carnex).

6. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010

Actually a fully levelled Templar + two Lvl 15 Paladins is pretty nasty. ;)

7. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    What about this one? The reindeer is basically a baby Carnex without the armor adding. No armor building capabilities would mean you had to win quick though. Risky. Looks good in theory though.

Attached Files:

8. Cryptikx

Cryptikx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Is there a wiki for this game yet? I'm surprised I can't seem to find one. It would be really nice to quickly type in card names and see what they do. And eventually see their initial stats and max stats. Should we band together and start one?

9. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Yeah, I've been messing around with Venoxia and Webspinner. I don't have them max level, but the problem with Venoxia is that the greens can overwrite blues and vice-versa. I actually like Webspinner better because you can focus one color, but it does so little damage. I've been trying to figure out a team that works, but can't find anything I like better than hero/Emperina/Atlanta/Luther so far.

10. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Look on the games website gemsofwar.com. It has the data you seek

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Probably would be pretty good, but being honest I can't see it being overly great either due to Reingard and Behemoth having color overlap. Behemoth is a very strong legendary, but his mana generation is not strong, so he won't recharge Reingard well. I don't know that I'd build it since two of em aren't leveled yet. What else you have leveled?

12. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I have ringorad (or whatever) in with carnex and Elwyn, pretty sick combo with explodes going on all the time!

Getting kinda boring though, thinking about putting together a more directional team to pick where my damage goes.

13. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Thrill Kill Kult just reached guild level 10 and now has a opening for a 19th member.

We are a mix of players from Pocket Tactics and Touch Arcade.

Quite active players, good donators, lots of PvPers.....but PvP is not required and there is no hard fast rule on how much you need to donate, we don't want to impede your game progress.

PM me if you are interested.

14. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Ahh, the full troop list is available there. Thanks!

15. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Team suggestions?

These are the 6 legendaries that I have. I'm having a hard time coming up with a team that has strong synergy. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Fyi Cryptic, Orion is going to be getting a buff of some sort. There's discussion about it on the official forum.

17. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Very gtk. I felt like he was underwhelming since he was so unreliable. But honestly, I feel like all of my Legendaries are underwhelming compared to Carnex, Keeper of Souls, The Silent One, etc...

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #758 ArtNJ, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Well, thats kind of true. Orion isn't real usable right now. Goblin King was never real popular, and that was before the Shadow Hunter came out. I think he is still usable on good teams, but investing in him seems dicey to me. The other 4 are pretty decent though, I'm not sure which go well together.

Gorgotha is a pretty good mana generator, if used on a team with some synergies. I had Gorgotha, Reingard, Atlanta, Rowanne for a while and that was a pretty good team that can match up pretty well with everything except the top shelf legendary teams. Fast too. I liked that team. Just not when I saw the Carnex or Sheggra teams pop up.

Shadow Dragon is best with more true damage IMHO, so you'd kind of have to design a team around that. Maybe Lady Saphira for another true damager, then add Alchemist because both your hitters use yellow, and I'm not sure what in the last slot. I failed miserably at making Shadow Dragon work, but that was long ago.

Abhorath and Gloom Leaf are kind of similar; they can both be sick kill machines if things go well, but if you don't have time to get them going they might just get cut down. Someone on the forum recommended Gloom Leaf in the 1 slot, and that just didnt work out for me. Not enough time to get set up. Abhorath is a better choice for the one slot -- just as risky, but with better attack at least. Basically, both are good but risky. That said, if you can make the colors work with mana generators (Gorgotha, Reingard, etc.) or armor adders, might make for a decent team. I have trouble believing you would be fast enough to beat the sickest legendary teams consistently though.

Basically, I think you can probably make a whole bunch of very good teams, but yeah, nothing that will do all that well against the well designed teams with the top tier legendaries. You might well be better off trying to make something simpler, not using too many of your legendaries, like a Whitehall paladin team. Cheaper and probably just as good. Kind of depressing I know.

19. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Thanks, those are all great thoughts. It does make me said that a Paladin deck might still be my best option even though I have 6 legendaries... I already have Gorgotha at lvl 15, so I may try to build something around him rather then starting completely over with a paly setup. Also, who is Reingard? I don't see him on the troop list...

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Reingard is the reindeer epic that you could buy during xmas for glory. Hopefully, you bought him, he is pretty good. He is another gem exploder. So I was using two gem exploders, Atlanta + Rowanne, and I did like that -- just not against Carnex or Sheggra teams.

I'm sure you can find something you like with Gorgotha, its a good troop. I tend to think it works better with some sort of synergy...a second exploder, a troop that can feed yellow or brown, something.