Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    well sadly I already opened everything before i started to read all of this. I only had 48 keys but I don't know what the devs could do other than reset our guild back to what it was before he went on a rampage. If they do that and ban him I'll understand but I guess we'll see. I hope he's a wallet warrior and not a fraud but it's pointing more towards fraud. I mean he said he's had over 100's of magic keys. Unless there is a infinite gem cheat out there then idk.

How long has he been in the guild?

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    One day. He just joined.

I don't think we will know till tomorrow morning given the time difference.

I'm sure it will be fine, but I don't know that I would spend tons of time playing with the new troops till tomorrow.

3. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Laughingly even after all of the keys my current team is still better.

I'm running Orion, Shadow Dragon, Alchemist, and Lady Sapphira
    all maxed. Lots of True damage. And Orion is my finisher doing 1-17 damage. Alchemist is my mana giver and it has been a hard to beat party for many weeks now.

Is Gloom Leaf any good? stat wise

Also I hope the dev doesn't punish us all because of him if it is a hack.

4. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Haven't used any of the keys gained from his donations yet. Seriously hoping he's legitimate and just incredibly rich or has a serious gaming addiction :p

Fingers crossed!

5. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    We just got confirmation that this was an exploit and/or hack and he is banned now.

Not sure how this is going to affect the guild progress or us individually but hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sirrian told us not to worry, that he doesn't fault us, and that all will be well, just the ill gotten stuff rolled back.

That said, I think it sounds really complicated to do, and it wouldn't surprise me if there are some rough edges to the rollback initially.

7. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Just an update to Match Master members who don't follow the official website. Rollback has been complete but please check your gem total. Another member and myself have found that we have been rolled back to 0 even though we had plenty of gems saved up. Just make sure you check and contact support if required

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Now that the mess is cleared up, we have 4 open slots. One invite has been sent out.

I am very reluctant to recruit new members randomly. However, we did get some great members that way, and its hard to recruit on the forums at this point. So I may end up opening it back up at some point soon unless folks would rather the slots stay empty for a bit.

9. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    I don't mind randomly getting people again. We found so many wonderful guildies through it who contribute and play frequently. Just that one hacker who ruined it for us.

Maybe we should try pocket tactics forums for members? I've seen quite a few people using it

10. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon

I got my brother playing and in 3 days is level 19. I think he'd be a good addition but it's your call Art. He's avid enough of a player(I've taught him well) he's still a little on the low side level wise but he'll do his best to catch up.

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Lets give it some more time . . . I'm really looking for people that can contribute 1000+, and there is no real PVP income available at that level. Once he has a good chunk of cities and can earn money with the PvP, let me know. Even if we are full by that point, 30 people won't stay active forever, there will be 1-2 booted every week I'm sure.

12. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Sucks he turned out to be an exploiter.

I had calculated he had to have spent a minimum of $2500 just for the amount of gold he dumped on tasks.

13. Tonk Montana

Oct 28, 2010
    What do you think of this build?

Hero (yellow true dmg)
    Goblin Shaman (brown/purple)
    Venoxia (purple/green)
    Behemoth (brown/blue)

Attached Files:

14. Tonk Montana

Oct 28, 2010
    Wow, glad they sorted out the hack so quick. I too have 0 gems now but I did buy Spider Armor before the rollback and they let me keep it so I will call it even. ;)

Funnily enough, after all the iron keys I used, I still don't have an Alchemist; which I need for a build I want to try. I only used about 30 of the keys before I figured this was a hack and didn't get any legendaries so all good there.

15. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Yeah they were amazingly quick at restoring my gems back to me! Poor Sirrian said he got a bit over zealous with the roll back lol. Well I at least still have my behemoth I got before the mass of gems/keys! Now here's to hoping I get some more legendaries in a legitimate way :D

16. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    So my current line up is hero (green weapon for 9dmg +2 attack, Atlanta, Avina and Luther. I'm thinking of subbing in Behemoth in place of Luther. What do you reckon? Workable? Needs tweaking? Too much AoE dmg?

17. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Shame that this happened however it seems to have ended all good overall. Feel bad for opening the keys, but having read the message board in game thought it was legit.

Lost a bunch of crystals but also got a costume so cannot really complain about that.

Back to levelling back to pvp rank one.

Thanks to Syrian for handling this so fairly

18. Tonk Montana

Oct 28, 2010
    I don't think it will make too much of a difference. You need Avina to pick off high priority targets and the nice thing about Luther is that he makes even low priority targets dangerous due to skulls. TBH, I am not finding much use for Behemoth. ;(

I personally don't find your team line-up that challenging for my team. Once Luther is gone, the rest are easy to pick off. The best basic team I have seen so far is the Templar and Paladin combo because it stacks armor plus gem feeding plus insane attack once Paladin is fed. Add a Goblin and this is deadly.

19. Tonk Montana

Oct 28, 2010
    Actually, got to thinking. What about this setup? Venoxia creates blue and green gems to feed Templar and itself and Templar creates green gems to feed Venoxia. Good feedback loops.

Attached Files:

20. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Yeah my line up isn't amazing but I do win most matches since the AI is pretty dumb :p I find the Templar/Paladin combos disgusting to play versus. They're my most hated even more so then majority of legendary teams. Goblin is always my first target too. Very efficient killer but a bit of a glass cannon