Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Match Masters guild has a slot open. I promised it to someone, but can't seem to find the name.

2. jfurrer

jfurrer Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Fresh new game?

Hi everyone!
    Liking this a lot, but my son wants to play. I'm happy to start over and erase my progress (only like lvl13)... but how to do it? I don't see any way to access saved games or delete.

I linked my account to email already.

I tried installing on my iPhone, thinking I could make a new game/hero and then link that to the iPad. But, iPhone immediately grabbed gamecenter login and had existing data.

Thoughts?

Much appreciated! HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!
    --Jas

3. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to get a legendary from a normal chest? I must have opened well over 100 chests so far and about 20 magic chests but I only have only pulled 2 Epics from these.

I have kept more or less the same team from the start, Atlanta, Ferit and Raven with a green hero, but it is getting much harder to progress against stronger builds. I am level 62.

I am one of the original members of Match Masters but feeling the pressure to keep up with other members who are progressing faster than I can.

If anyone has any tips on any effective, non legendary build I am open to it, but will have to invest in souls as I sunk them into my original build.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #704 ArtNJ, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    I've pulled 6 legendaries from normal chests, though 2 were duplicates. I've probably opened 1.5x the number of chests you have. I have a lot of trouble as well, because at my level there are mostly all level 15 teams with stronger legendaries like Carnex, Behemoth & Sheggra. I really want to readjust my team to use a hero with the green true damage (anti-Carnex) weapon, but don't have the souls.

There are a bunch of good non-legendary teams though. The paladin teams (which includes the armor booster from Whitehall & the Whitehall flag bonus) are really good. One wacky team I've faced a few times is Finley, Banshee, Alchemist and I forget what the 4th unit was, but it was an all color changer/remover team and its strong, at least against my build. There are definitely others...Lady Saphira is so good its easy to design a good team around her. She can even go on the paladin team (since she is from Whitehall as well) if the 4th troop is Alchemist or Acolyte (to make up for the color overlap by fueling the others).

Your team sounds a little average to me, (Ferit and Raven really don't impress me, they are kind of weak compared to say Lady Sapphira, and there is no particular synergy on your team), but at least your using a hero with the green weapon and should be able to easily deal with Carnex once you get the 25 point green weapon (though I think you might need to be level 100 to 1 shot Carnex with it, don't remember for sure). Thats definitely something, but I imagine you'll be changing teams at some point once the soul cost gets better. The best teams tend to have some kind of synergy, with troops feeding off each other. For example, Behemoth and Carnex both recharge the whole team in addition to doing good damage. You (and I) can't make that, but there are still teams with synergies available, like the Paladin team I mentioned

Hard to believe you've gotten no legendaries, raw deal.

5. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    I also have gotten no legendaries at all and I'm also an original member of Match Masters. I've probably opened the same amount of chests as you but only maybe 4-5 magic chests as I'm saving my gems for armour now. Anyhow, I run a hero using the green weapon Sylvari something (9 damage and add 2 attack power), Atlanta, Avina and Luther.

I find the build works pretty good. I win my matches most of the time even against teams with 1-2 legendaries. I've beaten a full team of them a few times but mostly due to good fortune rather then my build being amazing.

It might be a good idea to try goblin instead of Avina as they charge super fast plus get extra turn included. Avina gives you a soul which isn't that great. You'd have to swap out your hero's weapon of course from green to red as you don't want to double up since goblin doesn't use dual colours to charge.

6. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Thrill Kill Kult is a level 8 guild and now has its 17th spot open. We are mostly from Pocket Tactics, but there are a couple other members recruited from here on TA. Just about everyone of our 16 current members contributes daily either in gold or trophies. PM if you are interested.

7. shadowkhai

shadowkhai Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm not an original Match Master, having started in TA Light but I am in the same boat having gotten no legendaries yet. Still I'll swear by my brown hero, 1 common, 2 rares team. It'll go toe to toe with those legendary teams and I find I win much more than I lose so long as the cascades aren't too unfriendly.

8. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Haven't got any legends yet myself either my team consists of

Hero with purple weapon
    Ragnagord (red/brown) he's my mana producer
    Paladin (yellow/green) my damage dealer
    Alastair (blue/purple) he boosts the damage my paladin can do

9. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    only one loss

with my new team of

hero
    carnex
    behemoth
    blade dancer

i got only one serious loss out of 30+ matches
    it was against a team of

hero
    gorgotha
    carnex
    crimson bat

gorgotha was exploding gems and constantly filling
    mana for other troops. with crimson bat doing 4 true
    damage to everyone each time it was quickly over.
    all my other matches were won.

10. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    #710 Sandalfo, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    paladin + alastair + gem exploder is a great combo
    if you have no legendary. plus you colors match perfectly
    good line up sbirksy666
    when the pally has crazy armor due to alastair he makes tons of dmg

11. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I just want to say that as far as 'free-to-play' games go...this one is good. I am still enjoying the gameplay (which actually requires a bit of thinking and planning to win if you don't have a full-legendary team).

I personally have drawn one legendary from iron keys but I find that my team works well enough for me to win %90 of games if I am careful and not unlucky.

What I like most about the game is the balance where if you don't spend money, you can still remain competitive in PVP. This is often not the case in these types of games.

Thanks Match Masters for having me and I continue to look forward to what this game has to offer. For those just starting, I just thought you should know that the time invested in this game does pay off so...enjoy!

Happy New Year!

12. hanklupo

hanklupo Active Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Am i missing something? If i have even 1 other app open on my ipad 2 this game refuses to load, crashing before the purple bar even gets a pixel in it. Seems rather bizarre given the lack of intensive work being done under the hood...

I have also had days where despite no other apps open, this game refuses to load, for hours on end. It started right after the guild chat patch.

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Works fine on my ipad 2, latest ios.
    Have you submitted a report to devs via the website? They are usually very quick at responding.
    Good luck.

14. Clavdivs

Clavdivs New Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I'm currently using (in this order):
    Hero w/scythe of corruption (purple, damages all)
    Atlanta
    Brian the Lucky
    Raven

The idea is to do mass damage with the first two and then mop up with Raven, if you manage to get any magic ups with Brian then you can dish out a lot of damage very quickly, attack ups are Also very useful. I win about 90% of my matches with this, if the opponent has a lot of Legendaries then it gets harder but I am still holding my own. Might be worth a try as you are already using two do the three troops in question!

15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    That was happening to me for a few days after the last big patch, but it would usually work if I immediately tried again.

16. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I think someone has hacked our guild. I am with Pagan Fox on this issue.

Our new member has either spent literally thousands of dollars on this game or has hacked it.

The point being that it cheapens all the work that we have all put into the guild to get it this far. In addition, where is the challenge in this game if you have the best cards and a deck that is fully levelled up?

I am sad and don't know what to do now.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, Pagan emailed support.

I think there is a decent chance he is a super-whale, but I hear you on it taking out some of the fun in the game.

My advice would be to save at least 150 keys, and all the crystal (maybe by a costume).

If you permanently save 150+ keys, should still be plenty to do.

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm told that there is an infinite gold exploit. Doesn't mean he used it, but he might have. We need guidance from support.

I changed the announcement and asked people not to spend more keys pending guidance.

19. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Wow that was a surprise checking in and seeing all those keys and crystals.

Opened another 100+ iron keys and still no legendaries :D. Have given up on them, but thanks to the guy for giving cashing in so much gold, assuming legit.

Have bought the lion armour now, and going to try some of the team setups suggested in the thread.....thanks for your input guys

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Even if he is legit, its too much maybe, might take some fun out if you spend ALL of it. I may save a lot for the updates/expansion.