Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    We do. Drop your guild and double check your invite code, because that isn't working.

Now that I have dropped our inactive members, we have moved up to #6. Big gap to #5, but we will at least make it the "big 6" the way we are gaining.

2. lostcamel

lostcamel Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Guild is gone, rebooted the game. Invite code should work, unless the system truncates it or something bogus happened.

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Click on "Hero" and look where it says "Your Invite Code:" on the bottom of that screen.

Lots of people have issues. One common one is that if you had to try twice to install the game, the game gives you a user name with a _1 at the end. If they don't look, they are surprised and didnt know they had a _1 at the end.

If the code actually says dwalkameel, then there is an issue. Let me know.

4. lostcamel

lostcamel Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Just triple-checked. This is the my first install, it does say DWAALKAMEEL.Did you use "dwalkameel" without the extra A? Sorry about the weird code, it's dutch :)

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, that was the problem, sorry! Invite sent.

Good time too, we are working a 3 key quest :)

6. lostcamel

lostcamel Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Awesome..! The keys quest is done! What next?
    Funny to see lots of people I've invaded are in the guild :)

7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Well I love this game but it keeps getting corrupted. Four times now. Each time I have to reinstall, play through the tutorial then link my old account.

Playing the tutorial is a REAL pain. Why can't the devs make this optional? Either that or fix the bug that keeps corrupting my games...

Patience running really thin now; despite the time I've invested in playing the game I'm really close to just quitting.

8. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Edit that: FIVE times. This is just toss.

I'd given this a 5 star rating in the App Store but just so annoyed with it now, I'm dropping it down to 2-3 stars; this bug just isn't acceptable. They're aware - but no fix.

9. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    What hardware are you playing on badman? I dont think ive had a single crash

10. lidralyn

lidralyn Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Have they ever stated this will be coming to android?

11. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, they have said.
    Check their website gemsofwar.com

12. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hey Badmanj, sorry to hear your pain, but it does seem a very rare occurrence for most players.
    Have you submitted what hardware/iOS you are using etc
    The devs support for this game has been second to none so don't give up hope.

13. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    It's now happened to me about six times. Each time I have to reinstall then play through the tutorial before I can re link my old account.

I hate it. Recently it's happened pretty much every other time I play the game and if I didn't like the game so much I would delete this forever.

The developers are aware there's an issue - they helped me link my character to an account the first time this happened a couple of weeks back. No sign of a patch to fix the issue yet though.

Really spoils an otherwise excellent game.

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Match Masters guild has a slot available. We are the number six ranked guild and gaining on 5.

15. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Just a heads up, I've already sent an email to the devs but ever since I downloaded the latest update the refuses to load at all. I get to the new Christmas splash screen, it says loading then crashes every time. Tried a hard reset and no dice. Really annoyed as I was going to sink some cash into magic keys tonight, bollocks.

16. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Great, it works now but my progress has been scrubbed back to lvl 1. I spent 12.00 on this game to progress. What a kick in the teeth.

17. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    The Christmas music in this update is awesome! Really nice touch.

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Im not pleased with this update. Ive been making steady progress in the game and am almost ready to ask Art if I can join his guild but with all the crashing I don't dare.

19. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Oh no! Our guild is awesome. You completely need to join. It's unfortunate you're getting crashes. I've only had one so far and I'm on an iPad Air too. Mind you I haven't put too much game time in since the patch

20. gameperson

gameperson Member

Dec 24, 2014
    what does freemium really mean? Ive seen some people mention that word on this thread and Ive seen it mentioned on online mags...then there was that south park episode...but I still don't know what it means...does it mean this is a quality game but then im going to get slammed with microtransactions, like on the south park episode??