Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Jesus I swear this game is rigged. Just lost 4 back to back defends. At least 2 of them I was way ahead no way I should have lost and then boom. Can't make a match, they constantly stealing my matches. They luck into skull matches or extra turns like every god damn turn.... Getting frustrating

2. Mojocuervo

Mojocuervo Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    California
    Xexist,

I know what you mean, some times I can't help buy just sit back and say "Really?"

However, on the Gems of wars forums, their moderator has an interesting post about this exact topic. http://gemsofwar.com/forums/topic/cascades-and-shuffles/

The short version is that the AI does not cheat. It's just that we players tend to remember the bad luck events more so than the good luck events.

Good luck and happy hunting.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The new event weapon is kinda ridonculous. And very welcome, since I happened to have 181 glory lying about since the last event ;)

4. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    I know how you feel! Sometimes I have moments of rage when an opponent chains like 3 sets of skulls in a row plus fills up all their troops abilities in one go. I've realised though I get good chains too but argh so annoying! Especially when you lose to someone you could easily beat otherwise

5. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    I know right?! Had to get it straight away. Super sexy weapon :) going to have to take it for a spin later. Tempted to get the epic too just because you can't get it any other time. Not sure if I'd even use it but I'm a bit of a completionist

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #626 ArtNJ, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    I think you should. It looks like one of the best. Remove enough gems to boost the effect by 2 (usually 10 or more gems removed), and its -5 attack for the first enemy troop, +5 attack for you, and you might get an extra turn. Permanent -5 Attack for the first enemy troop may be better than entangle, you get a big attack boost for yourself, and you can possibly get the extra turn. I find its not always possible to get 10 gems removed, but +/- 4 would be ok too.

Stats are somewhat glass cannonish, so may want to pair with a buffer if the colors work. There would be overlap with Emperina and Sparkgrinder, but not Allistair if I recall right.

7. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    So this epic isn't obtainable by completing a city's quest line?

8. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Nope. Both the weapon and epic are obtainable only from this special event

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Match Masters is raising the minimum daily contribution to 500 gold. Doesn't seem unreasonable now that we are at a daily bonus of +175, and most people are doing more than that anyway. For the lower level folks, if your having trouble buying a city and need a break for a day or two just let me know.

If anyone wants to serve as our treasurer for a week you'll get a promotion out of it. The job is to try and make sure everyone is contributing so we can replace anyone that has gone dark before they linger for weeks. Its kind of a pain to do.

10. Wolfy911

Wolfy911 New Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Wolfy level68 looking for pay2play guild, 1000 trophies +

Thanks

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Haven't quite the time for such a grave responsibility just yet ;) But in a few weeks I can step in!

500 daily is definitely viable. That's low enough for me to still buy a daily chest.

12. individualistik

Nov 21, 2012
    I can be the treasurer for a week. May miss out on some contributions though, because the activity log is kinda short.

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    That would be great. We really aren't trying to catch anyone skipping a day. Rather, the idea is just to make sure no one has gone completely dark.

14. individualistik

Nov 21, 2012
    Alright, will give you a mini update this weekend

15. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Im still donating generously and regularly, although i havent fought in pvp since the initial push to 100 trophies

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Match Masters is recruiting for its 16th slot at the moment.

Requirements are: 500 gold minimum contribution, and, for new members, level 40+ and willingness to contribute at least a few trophies daily.

As always, if any members are getting tired of the game, please let me know. Not really fair if we have to discover that your not contributing on our own.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #637 ArtNJ, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    I don't have a problem with this. At present, there doesn't seem to be any rush to get to any particular trophy level.

At some point in the distant future, if there are guild v guild activities, then activity level might matter, but that doesn't seem that close. We wouldn't kick long time members anyway, but at present, activity level doesn't even matter.

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Our 16th slot is still open.

19. Drak7e

Drak7e New Member

Dec 12, 2014
    GoW not starting anymore

Guys,

I had played the game for a few days and today I got a terrible problem...
    When I won a combat, the game froze on the win message (with the firecrackers). Stayed like that forever. Closed the game and tried to open it again... BAM. Nothing. Stays stuck on the first screen forever.

So I decided to erase the game and reinstall. I'm on a iPhone 5s. Of course, I lost ALL my progress... (Gee, they don't know iCloud yet ?? Some games use cloud savegames)

Thing is, I started a new game, and at the FIRST WIN... BAM! Freeze again!
    I spent the day trying and nothing, no success...

My guess is this terrible server-based system of theirs. We can't play offline, for example. And I guess their server went bananas today. That's my only guess. Terrible thing. Makes me wan't to rate the game 1 star for this. It's a great game, but this offline/server thing just sucks. I wanna play while waiting in line for a medical exam, closed rooms, no wifi, no reception for 3G/4G... BAM! Can't play.... COME ON!!!!!!

I feel extremely disappointed with this. I was really enjoying the game. Now... TRASH. :( :( :(

Anyone else suffer from this ?
    Drak7e

20. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    If you contact support and give them your character name and level they will be able to restore your character for you if that helps.