Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    @TA Light: I think that, at some point in the near future, we should begin discussing the merits of replacing "leadership" in our task rotation with "crafting."

Right now, we're optimizing the rate at which we get normal chests. I only really get a new card about once in every 4 chests or so -- I don't know about the rest of you. If we want to compete at the highest level, I believe we're going to have to adjust our plan to improve our ability to get legendaries.

Currently, with a total investment of 55k old, we're receiving 15 guild currency and 10 normal chests. By replacing "leadership" with "crafting," we'll net 6 guild currency, 6 normal chests, and a magic chest from a similar (54k) investment. I don't know if guild xp is rewarded on a flat rate per task or if it's weighted towards more difficult tasks. But that should also be considered.

In any case, I'd like to hear other's opinions on the situation.

2. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    TA Light >500 trophies!

TA Light ranked #9 in overall iOS guild ranking
    501 trophies so far :)
    no i am ranked as Champion

3. rune42

rune42 Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I'm open to ditching leadership. But what I like about it is that it is quick to complete and helps us add members relatively easily. At our current rate we should be adding 2 new slots a week. I agree that regular keys do not seem to be netting us legendaries. Perhaps gems would help but I've had really bad luck with magical keys too!

4. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    That's why I mentioned guild xp. It should absolutely be considered because adding members is really important. And if leadership and crafting award the same amount of xp, it all may need to be rethought. But I believe awarded xp is weighted. And if xp is awarded based on the amount of gold necessary to complete the task, then there's no loss whatsoever.

5. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I'm fine with doing this, but I DO want to talk a little bit about drop rates. Magic keys DOUBLE your chance of getting epics and LEGENDARIES, however, if the chance is low (as is typical with games like these) then it effectively doesn't help. If it's a 1% chance to pull a leg, then doubling that to 2% isn't much help. I believe the percentages are higher then that for sure, but it's still something to think about. I have spent about 50$ on magic keys and have 2 legendaries and 10 epics to show for it. I also think pulling epics kinda sucks since they are all earnable, but that's a whole other topic.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Crafting is terrible. 10,000 for 1/3 of a magic key? Am I missing something or are you guys? Magic keys have only double the chance of an epic or legendary.

So its: 11,000 for 2 keys, 3 orbs (who cares) and who knows how much XP

Or: 18,000 for 2 keys, 2 orbs (who cares), who knows how much xp, and 1/3 of a magic key.

So...7,000 for 1/3 of 1 magic key, or 21,000 for one magic key. With that dough, Match Makers would nearly complete 2 full cycles and get extra 4 Iron Keys. 4 iron keys, vs 1 magic key = not close.

I agree XP could change matters, but who knows?

7. Mojocuervo

Mojocuervo Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    California
    I pulled a Legendary Carnex just yesterday with an Iron key. So it is possible, just not common.

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Actually, our maths agree. Once you do the math, the trade off is 1 magic key for 4 iron keys. Since the magic key is only double the chance of an epic or legendary, seems to me that the 4 iron keys are much better.

I've had 3 legendaries from 30-40ish (???) iron keys. Unfortunately, 1 was a dupe, but at least legendaries do drop.

9. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    Templar / Paladin combo

Now that i am champion i am getting my ass kicked much more often.
    One particular combo that seems really efficient is Paladin / Templar.
    Templar adds armor and Paladin does crazy damage with armor (15, 16 points of damage)
    What do you think of that combo? Worth getting?

10. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    I didn't realize it only doubled the drop rate. That pretty much eliminates any reason for doing it. My fault. I thought the rate was substantially higher.

11. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I must have the worst luck then. I have the benefit of being in TA light getting all these keys and I still am without even 1 legendary. Someone pass me some legend luck!

12. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Seriously? I haven't gotten any epics or legendaries from iron keys. I actually thought it was impossible to get them from normal chests. The only epic I've opened came from the one magic key I've used -- which is what lead me to believe the rate was much higher.

13. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Paladin/Templar is a good combo due to no colour overlap. As long as you have a direct damage dealer like a goblin in your team it should work but it is still very hard against high dmg teams becuase you are dependent on the synery. Once you lose a card...you are screwed.

That's why I like the sacred guardian. He keeps pumping out dmg and building armor. But....these teams are very vulnerable to life-stealing wights etc. and true damage.

14. rune42

rune42 Member

Aug 26, 2014
    TA light has one opening. Looking for someone who loves to hunt trophies and donate!

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Keep plugging, you'll get your legendaries eventually. Whether they will fit into a good team is entirely another matter. There are still legendaries that aren't good for anything at all, as well. Orion, for example, is worse than the better epics.

I really have no idea how many keys I've collected, but I'm pretty sure its quite a few more than you guys given the level difference. Also, I have all the cities now, so I can afford to help the guild quite a bit and still buy a key with gold now and then.

16. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Already invited someone :)

17. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013

Thanks for the info, I really do appreciate the reply. I guess I'll try contacting support then if there's nothing I can do on my end.

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Match Masters has a slot opening up tonight if we level (and we probably will).

Minimum daily contribution is 400 gold, which is used to buy the members keys through quests. Ideally, we are looking for someone that is ready to supplement their income with pvp and contribute more.

This slot will be awarded based on activity level, not first to respond.

19. Oxymoronica

Oxymoronica Member

May 2, 2013
    @ ArtNJ currently at level 48, playing on a daily basis and willing to contribute.

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Hey guys, so I got a rare. It's a lion, but it's gold and said " shiny " when I got it. Is that suppose to be a foil - type card?

It's such an awesome game!