Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. individualistik

Nov 21, 2012
    Art's tip on Luther, Goblin and Atlanta is spot on. I was using that as well for quite a long time.

On the magic keys: I traded gems for 3 magic keys and got nothing as well. I did get a Silent One from a normal key though

2. Zerilan

Zerilan New Member

Nov 28, 2014
    Can I get an invite to TA guild pls. Code Zerilan

3. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I have to disagree about Elwyn, I love his power because of how versatile it is. I find myself oftentimes using it to blow up opposing color matches, or clear skulls off the board, in addition to mana gain. If your smart about it you can get good mana gain with him. I also pair him up with a griffin knight, at maxed level it does 8 damage and creates 7 yellow gems to help feed elwyns power. Elwyn is more of a utility guy to me than a damage dealer, but i probably average 7-8 damage with his power.

4. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

I just started playing this game. Got to level 12. What's the best way of getting better units? any other tips/advice for me? This is probably the best match 3 game after PQ

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, he is ok at a lot of different things. Jack of all trades and master of none. Perfectly fine to use, flexible enough to work in a lot of teams. Just saying that Luther and Atlanta are better in my opinion, and if you *are* bringing Atlanta, Elwyn is diminished by the color overlap. If I had it to do over, I'd skip Elwyn, but he very serviceable even with the color overlap.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    You get a free epic troop from finishing a city. End of the first city is a little hard. You'll need to do some challenges and get souls to level your troops first. You can also divert to another city for a bit.

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Yeah, I've actually used Luther, Atlanta, and Elwyn before. Currently using Luther, Atlanta, and Sparkgrinder (Adana).

Sparkgrinder is no offensive powerhouse, but if you need a tanky unit to sit out front, he's a good choice.

8. Nyambe

Nyambe Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Just started today lvl 8.

Would like to join a guild invite Anteros

9. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    This is a very cool timesink. I'm up for joining a guild as well: pseudoart

10. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    I'm Karmage in game. Would also welcome an invite...

11. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    So all those looking for another TA guild, the two that exist right now "match masters" and "TA light" are full. Looks like there are enough here to start their own, so get another TA guild going! TA Light 2!

But seriously, 10 is way too small for a guild.

12. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Well I have landed on my feet when it comes to guilds having joined the Camelot Kings over a week ago.
    In that time we have risen to No.11 in PvP ranking and everyone contributes so that we gain keys every 2-3 days on the whole.
    We just gained another slot so there is an opening for any active player over level 30.
    I think the inclusion of guild chat and guild wars in the next patch will make PvP even more exciting.

13. J Cousteau

J Cousteau Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Rank 1 champion in Pvp and level 27, just left my guild because I was the only one contributing, so if anyone has any open slots in a decent competitive guild, shoot me an invite, I play everyday. My invite name is Jacques Cousteau

14. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    TA light will probably gain extra slot tomorrow. Though we gain 2 keys/day, it is a net loss for me as I donate 2k+/day.

We are rank 25 now, will probably go into the top 10 soon, at the rate we are getting trophies.

15. J Cousteau

J Cousteau Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Sounds good, I'm on like a 20 game win streak so if you guys open one up I'd love to join

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I just had my first 4 trophy loss streak. Sorry guild, I'll try and make it up later...teams are kind of brutal at level 68.

It doesn't help that my current team with 2 legendaries might be worse than my all epic team. Shadow Dragon is a great legendary on paper, but its really hard to build a good true damage team without Crimson Bat.

17. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010

Gah. Don't tell me that. I am level 37 now and still not one legendary. Saying that...I just beat an all legendary team so...I guess it's possible.

18. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Feel for you Art. I've dropped my Crimson Bat quite a while ago mainly because I was worried about investing any more souls in him with all the nerfs etc but also because he didn't fit with my team synergy.
    I find the ultra rare cards I've pulled are far more effective and easier to build into a team.
    Level 51 now but still only ever had the one legendary despite buying 9 magic keys.

19. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    feel the same way, I have 2 legendaries and a lot of epics. But I only play my 1 Legendary + 2 rares team.

20. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Gems of War chat group on Line is steadily growing. Add Lambershaspy to get invite.