Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Game Impressions

Deleted, couldn't get into it, liked Puzzle Quest 1/2 much more.

2. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I've created a Gems of War chat group in Line if anyone wants to join. Can also set up a private group for Match Masters if need be.

Just let me know your Line ID for invite.

My Line ID is Lambershaspy.

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    No worries. In TALight now. I just wanted a guild that would be able to communicate and be organized. So, I'm good.

4. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    My line id is machiknight - invite me!

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    May be a daft question but how/where do I get more team members? I've only got one key since starting playing with my hero now on level 19. I've done all the quests in the first town and got the new character at the end of that but I've only had one key drop throughout the entire game (apart from the first you get given). Is there any other way to get them? (I'm not in a guild).

I don't mind the ones I have at the moment but I'm not entirely happy with them and I'd like to chop and change till I get a lineup I'm comfortable with

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    In the shop, you can get them for 1000 gold each.

In a guild, if your guild is active and contribute to guide activities, you can get keys regularly for much cheaper (close to 600 each)

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Keys are just some random chance per every match made, so one question is "how can I make more matches in the same amount of time". One answer, I've had some limited success with, is trying to play "forever" on the Broken Wall challenge in Broken Spire. There is a gold cap of 105 gold per run, and you don't get more keys per match made there, same super-low chance, but since you can play without thinking much and without stopping to reload, you can make a lot of matches per minute, probably better than anywhere else. Its not a worthwhile thing to do per se, but if random hates you, its something you can try. Kill everything but the Wall with skill attacks and you can play forever. I personally got 4 keys there, but others have tried without the same level of success. They also could have nerfed it (although it was never that great of a strategy to begin with).

8. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    #488 kennfusion, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    It looked like a bunch here were looking for a guild, so I went and started another. If you are going to contribute, go ahead and send me a PM and I will invite.

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ahh completely missed the option to buy them for gold nice one thanks.

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wow, the top guild has 755 trophies. Match Masters needs a few trophy hounds!

We actually have one of the biggest guilds though (of the real guilds), which means we get more keys for less personal contributions -- if those guilds are even cooperating to buy keys.

11. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Any plans to combine guilds when they expand? I'm loving that TA light is active also would be nice to have everyone in one guild!

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Never happen unless someone spends $20 on gold. We gain 1 level (and thus 1 slot) a week, give or take. At least so far.

13. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    TA Light has 97 trophies so far

14. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    If its at all possible I want to join a ta guild. There is just so little oversight and chat in guilds that I can't trust the rest of a guild to contribute consistently and that's all I care about.

I put about 4k into another guild and didn't set off an 8k event, then got kicked, despite being like the only contributor. Anyway I mostly just want to log in and donate, not a heavy pvp type, at least not until j have a better deck.

If that's of interest I can be invited rod-

15. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Gems of War chat group on Line is up...message Lambershaspy for invite.

16. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Any suggestions on which Kingdom has the most useful troop you get from completing the quests?

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #497 ArtNJ, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Probably the very first kingdom, Broken whatever. Luther is terrific. The question is what you pair with Luther. And there are a lot of ways to go there. Atlanta is really good, if Divinion Fields is on your map. Throw in the goblin you got when you started the game (don't be fooled by him being free, he is really good) and the hero with your best red weapon and you have a strong team with no color overlap. No extra mana/match generation, but its tough to get everything in a team.

I'm still using Elwyn from Pan's Vale, but he isn't actually that great. Poor to mediocre damage and mediocre mana generation with a small chance of allowing you to get an extra turn, and a small chance of helping the enemy on its turn. Its convenient to get Elwyn early, but I don't think he is worth the souls. Leveling goblin is probably better.

18. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Kakroth = Ferit
    Atlanta = Divinion Fields

19. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Thanks Art and Ziel. I am going to go for Atlanta next when I get enough gold to unlock the area. I have my goblin at Level 9 and he is awesome, I agree.

I am going to try Alastair next as he boosts armor and is blue/purple which frees me up for a red weapon. I will be vulnerable to true damage but otherwise I can make my goblin and sacred guardian invincible. See how that goes.

By the way, has anyone pulled a legendary from a normal key? I bought 6 Magic keys to support the DEVS but have been unlucky and still don't have a legendary. ;(

20. jcja

jcja New Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Would love to join the TA LIGHT guild if there are openings. Invite code MEATBALL