Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. kraze ivan

kraze ivan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Is there a difference between Rock Wyrm and Rock Worm?

2. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I just got a 'failed to invade' trophy penalty on the activity log for losing a challenge. It looks like perhaps the fail message appeared a minute or so before i finished the challenge , im not sure. I will try the challenge again. Ive certainly not played pvp for many hours today.

3. shadowkhai

shadowkhai Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm late to the game just started today but so far I love it. Do gold rewards get better as you progress? It's costing me 50 to run a quest an I get like 9 as a reward.

Any tips on getting more gold for this noob? Any general advice welcomed as well.

4. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Gold rewards get better if you play each day. Eventually you'll get 500g for just logging on. Your cities will also generate gold. Best possibly way to earn cash is PvP as you will gain about 70g per successful match. Joining a guild is also a good idea as you gain a 5% gold bonus for being in one even if it's lowest tier. Also as a guild completes quests through players donating gold you can get iron keys for opening chests, souls and gems for buying magic keys.

Definitely check out the gems of war official page as there are troop lists and weapon mastery lists posted as well as other useful information. Also lots of us are happy to help if you have specific questions :)

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    For Brian the lucky or whatever the epics name is, can he add magic as one of his skills or do 'stats' only include health attack and armor? Does anyone know?

6. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    #446 Pagan Fox, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Here is the official description.

Cheers! (Cost:12 Green Brown )
    Increase a random skill on all allies by [1+Magic].

Link is here. http://gemsofwar.com/game-guide-troop-list/

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah but that doesnt answer my question, at all.

8. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    #448 Pagan Fox, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    As per description I posted it would seem he can add ANY skill be it magic, armour, health etc based upon his magic multiplier/level, however I don't know this for sure in practice. Sorry.
    Anyone have this card and can comment?

9. shadowkhai

Apr 26, 2012
    Is it prudent to save souls until you get decent troops or will you end up hamstringing yourself waiting on better troops?

10. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Good question. I am currently level 44 and here is my own experience.
    Once you have a reasonable team synergy it's worth dropping a few levels of souls into your cards to bump their stats. I would say also to look at the card/troop list now posted on the gems of war website as this will also help you decide to what level evolution you want to take your cards or whether to save your souls.
    Once you start getting higher ranked then you can play the AI for challenges in each kingdom you have conquered to gain souls and it's not that difficult really.
    Hope that helps.

11. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    #451 xiel, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    The Combo of Boar Rider and Wight is amazing. Boar Rider can make matching 4 pairs too easy while Wight has lifesteal and generates Purple gems to feed your Boar Rider's mana.

I have several legendaries and Epics, but I chose these two because they have LOW mana cost to their skills and can do a lot of damage every other turn.

Boar rider is like Goblin with steroids.

Wight is a late game tank (my Wight does 5 damage and lifesteal) it is common for me to end between 20-30 health by the end of the game. And not to mention his skill does TRUE damage and can damn easy to fill up (takes 3 or just 1 with super mana boost).

Wight is my most important card, because of its true damage, those impossible to kill looking cards because they have 14 Armor and 10 health ? Wight can kill it in 2 turns.

These cards might look strong but damn there are way way stronger cards out there (I have encountered a player with a legendary that does 6x5 life leech to all my army) .

took me 1,720 souls to upgrade them to where they are now but damn they're strong.

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    That sounds like a pretty good team Xiel.

I've been experimenting with a true damage team consisting of:

-Hero with green true damage bow
    -Shadow Dragon: poison all + 5 true damage to one unit (yellow/purple)
    -Vampire Lord: 4-7 life steal, depending on number of red gems removed
    -Griffin Knight: 8 damage plus 8 yellow gems. Doesn't really fully fit the team concept, but the colors are right and the yellow gems do help.

I don't particularly find it an upgrade over my all epic team centered around Atlanta, but it works well enough. I don't have Wight and haven't focused on whether it could be subbed in. There is another true damage creature, forget the name, that doesn't work because its yet another yellow-based creature. (Although maybe I could use it and bring alchemist, dunno).

Luther's colors are the same as Griffin Knight, so I've thought about putting him in as well. He is a great unit, even if it doesn't fully fit the team concept.

13. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012

My team's composition is mainly to get gems faster. I have the legendary Gorgotha, which I upgraded to max and detonates 6 random gems (My team completely fills up or just need another row to fill up when i use his skill).

My team is centered around feeding blue/red gems to Wight. While Gorgotha and Boar Rider allows me to collect a lot of gems.

My team is really vulnerable to teams with a lot of health (not armor) because my biggest skill damage is only 6(That is with my main hero, that I rarely get gems for). So I have to be smarter and collect gems faster and deny gems to dangerous enemies.

My team is very dependent on one card and that is Wight. Wight does all my team composition's damage, because of his skill being true damage, I only need 2-3 Wight skill to kill any enemy without lifesteal.

I have seen several true damage to all cards (They are annoying!) I haven't gotten those.

14. Anilones

Anilones Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Is there a guild with a free opening?

15. shadowkhai

Apr 26, 2012
    This is all great info thanks. I have already completed the first two challenges in the first town and they weren't that bad. I'm using PvP to try to get my gold up but I can see that getting much more difficult as I rise in the ranks because reading about some of these card combos there's no way I could compete.

In PVP if someone attacks me and wins do they take my gold or is the reward based on my level etc?

Also I know there's a waiting list for the main guild here and I'd love to get on that or if there's another TA guild going my invite code is SHADOWKHAI

Barring that I guess I should get in on a random guild for benefits until then?

16. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    game wont load, it used to. last 2 hours has been sitting on title screen with the wheel spinning. :(

17. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Try delete and reinstall? If not contact support. Devs sorted mine out when this happened to me

18. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Don't forget you get more gold per any battle if you get 4 or 5 matches of gems. I didn't realise this.
    As for guilds, join one if you can, it's good for more benefits especially if everyone participates. The TA guild has a two year waiting list by now. Hehe.
    Enjoy the game.

19. rune42

rune42 Member

Aug 26, 2014
    It seems to me that there is interest in forming a second TA guild. Is anyone else interested in this? I would be happy to help with leadership.

20. Mojocuervo

Mojocuervo Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    California
    I'd like to join up. My in-game name is: mojocuervo

As a side note, I've been working on a spreadsheet of all the troops and weapons in-game from the data given at the developer web site: www.gemsofwar.com

It's a work in progess, but feel free to have a gander!

Google sheets link!