Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    People should generally not wait on the unofficial TA guild (called MatchMasters) because as mentioned, slots open up slowly. However, we will have 1-2 slots this week. I won't lie, we have a slot right now, but an active contributing member has requested we give it to their sister. Inclined to say yes if they vouch for her activity.

As far as who is first on the wait list, I have a feeling that there were people that requested several days ago that might still be interested, but honestly I'm not going to go research that and PM people. Request order *will* be honored *if* those people are watching this thread and reiterate their interest when we have a slot.

If no one who asked before him reiterates their interest, Nosoup will be first on the wait list. We may well take the sister, but even if we do, we should have another slot in a few days, as the guild looks to be 1/2 way to guild level 3.

2. kraze ivan

kraze ivan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Color me interested in the wait list as well. IGN "kraze ivan". Thanks.

3. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I asked earlier in the thread so i guess i would be one of the firsts to be accepted but in the meanwhile i joined another guild and, even if it's not the toucharcade guild and i don't really know anyone there, i don't like to leave halfway just to hop on something better. So i will renounce my potential place :)

4. Beeble823

Beeble823 Member

Nov 13, 2014
    I got a new weapon at purple mastery level 15. It's Staff of the Magus and splits 10 points of damage randomly across enemies. Not very good, but it shows that there's more out there.

Also, I'm in Final Fantasy and those are definitely fake guilds all around us.

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I pvp'd Yoyo yesterday. Yoyo is level 83 ... and using the purple weapon that does 4 damage to all enemies (3 pre-level 50).

(I don't really understand how I pvp'd Yoyo at all -- its 100% people within 5 levels now, except for Yoyo.)

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Guildmates,

Womble told me he hadn't been contributing for a few days before he quit. Thats the problem with having 11 guildmates, someone can get away with doing nothing unless someone is checking. 3,000 and 8,000 quests doesn't divide into 11, so I've just been calling for 300 then 800.

Anyone want to be the guild accountant? You get an instant promotion, the ability to add members and do announcements. You don't have to do it forever.

We can also promote folks that have contributed more than their share.

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I asked a few days ago as well, I would love to join. Just let me know / PM me when a slot opens! I'm going to be pretty active. I'm really enjoying the game.

8. zheric

zheric New Member

Nov 24, 2014
    I am looking for a guild as well. Very active player looking to contribute. IGN: ZHERIC_1

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I want this guy in when theres a spot for him :p

10. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    #430 tamykatakki, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    I'm happy to do it if no one else has volunteered. Figure we would just alternate between 3000g and 8000g quests plus breaks for city buying?

Also slightly annoying the smallest denomination is 100g. Makes it harder to divide

11. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Looks like they fixed losses showing up in the activity log. That defense was the first time ive met the crmson bat!

12. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Crimson bat got nerfed. Have yet to meet it since the patch but oh boy it was really bad ass before.

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I've only played this a little bit, but so far this has been the best of the recent freemium match-3 rpg/battlers that I've played. It's all subjective, of course, but I just find this game to be an overall more satisfying experience than Marvel Puzzlequest, Spellfall, and Jewel Fight. Very well done! :)

14. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Fill the guild in whatever order you find best. I just want to be in the queue somewhere. I'm not going to throw 1k gold at chests when I can get them for half that. I'll just be saving my gold until I get into an organized guild.

A few questions: what's the significance of the bronze III designation? I'm about 10 trophies away from the upgrade, and want to know if I should make a push for it...in case it affects glory or something. Also, do glory rewards ever change?

15. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    They did an update this afternoon that had a lot of nerfs for various cards that were too strong - rock worm in particular , and exactly half an hour after I had invested heavily into it :/

The game site has notes but in game it was a completely stealth change.

16. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Pretty sure the glory rewards change every time a new event occurs. Before it was Mecha and now it's spiders. I can't help you out with the bronze designation. No idea what it means.

Also they're resetting everyone back to scratch in pvp shortly since it's now a worldwide release. Also stating they will be giving glory to each player depending on how highly they were ranked. The glory does roll over to other events which means you can save up if there's nothing that interests you yet in rewards

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    notice any other changes?

18. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Here are the listed changes from the devs website.

TROOP CHANGES

ALCHEMIST
    Small increase to spell cost
    Gains 1 less Armor and Health as he levels up.

ATALANTA
    Small decrease in spell cost

CRIMSON BAT
    Decreased the base damage of his spell by 2.
    Decreased to Magic and Health while levelling
    Small reduction in spell cost to go along with the nerfs

FLESH GOLEM
    Gains 1 less Magic and health as he levels

GORGOTHA
    Increased the gems affected by 1

HERDMASTER
    Gain 1 less Magic as he levels
    Number of gems exploded reduced by 1

KEEPER OF SOULS
    Moderate increase to spell cost.
    No longer gains Magic as he levels.

LADY SAPHIRA
    Moderate decrease in spell cost

LUTHER

ORION
    Gains 3 extra Magic while levelling.
    Moderate decrease in spell cost.
    Increased the upper range of his spell damage

ROCK WYRM
    Now creates 7 Gems at all Levels
    Now has damage scaling off his Magic (from 3 to 6).

SATYR
    Moderate increase in spell cost.
    Increase base damage of spell by 1
    Increased magic while levelling by 1 (further increasing his spell damage)

SHADOW DRAGON
    Increased the base damage of his spell by 1.
    Now gains 3 Magic while levelling.

SHEGGRA
    Decreased the number of gems converted by 1.

SIREN
    Moderate increase of spell cost
    Small reduction in the number of gems affected.

SKELETON
    Small increase in spell cost
    Gains 1 less Magic while levelling.
    Decreased the number of skulls created by 1

TAU
    Moderate decrease in spell cost

THE SILENT ONE
    Bug Fix: No longer gains Magic as he levels (he wasn’t using it anyway)
    Moderate increase to spell cost.

19. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Clear your message box Art!

20. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    The rock wyrm change still leaves it a fairly strong common. The issue was definitely chaining. Now, it does solid damage, has solid stats, and can occasionally mana-starve an opponent. The saddest thing for me is its detrimental effect on my income.

I probably wouldn't spend the souls on it now. But I'm still using it until I find a more cohesive team.