Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #401 nosoup4crr, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    The tome destroys a 3x3 block pre-50. I'm not sure if that changes later on. But it does charge very quickly. I'll double check, but I believe a 3-gem surge activates it.

Double checked. Charges at same rate as others

Edit: another question. Do pvp rewards ever change? Or is it just these 3 things?

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    If purple charges at the same rate as others, its pretty much garbage

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I think it is seriously under-powered. I mean, you can chose the 3x3 block, which is nice, but how often will that let you make a 4x match? Being able to destroy 6 random gems like Herdmaster is just vastly more useful. Whereas the other weapons are maybe 75% as useful as a creature's skill (or better), this one is more like 25%.

Compared to legendaries, which generally have health + armor adding up to 21, the hero, with health and armor adding to 25 -- and inferior skills -- doesn't really hold up. But maybe there are some additional weapons beyond 10 mastery. Your kind of gonna have to specialize to get to em before you grow old though.

P.S. Developer did tell me that there is at least one special weapon - a shield, but filling the weapon slot - that is unlockable in some way.

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    There are also plenty of other legendaries, and you have a chance to receive them in any chest draw, even when you purchase keys for gold. (I was particularly lucky, and got two legendaries and one epic in my very first chest :) )

5. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Can anyone confirm how to unlock the city of Ghulvania?

I have completed 7 cities so far, but still do not see it on the map. Trying to unlock Avina.

This really is a great game, however I have started to slow down my gold production as I keep getting overpowered in pvp games, spammed by the bat #

Thanks in advance

6. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Ghulvania is next to swords edge, zaejin and possibly next to pans vale

7. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    What's the drop rate on these chests? I'm nearly level 31, and I've gotten 2. I'm feeling silly using 1k souls to level rares. But I don't have a lot of choice.

8. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Most of my keys are coming from the guild these days. It costs 11k total contribution to get 2 keys, so thats 1.1k for two keys if everyone contributes. You could get a chest every other day just from your daily bonus gold, if youre not in an active guild.

Most of my chests give me common or rare troops. Ive got a few ultra rare, and a few epic too. If you really want a particular epic then you can just finish the quest line for that kingdom.

To more specifically answer your question, i would say the drop rate for keys from making matchs is very low

9. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    I appreciate the info. How are keys acquired through the guild? Is it something I'm able to see as a member? The task rewards don't include them from what I can tell. Is it just not available for us yet?

10. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Pretty sure it's actually 8000g for 2 keys in a guild so in a starting guild with 10 members it would only cost 400g a piece :) bargain considering a key on your own normally costs 1000g

11. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I put 11k because you have to finish another task after the key quest to get the key quest back onto the task list. The cheapest task being the leadership quest at 3k, so 8k + 3k = 11k per cycle. Between ten people that makes 1.1k, or 550 gold per person, per key. Thats still much much cheaper than 1k per key, but relies on everyone pulling their weight.

Nosoup4crr perhaps you have the other three tasks on your guild menu. Finish one and the key task should appear.

12. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Perfect. Thanks.

13. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Alright. So, I'm basically a F2P player. But when I like a freemium game, I eventually like to throw in a few dollars to show my appreciation for good developers. By his has solid bones and I'll probably throw a fiver to infinityplus2. That would generally be spent on some chests. But seeing that I belong to a guild with basically no identity and no communication...and that TA has no guild as of yet, I'm thinking about going that route. I feel like being able to communicate here would be helpful.

Who all would be interested in joining an unofficial TA guild? I think I'd endeavor for it to be competitive -- somewhere between serious and casual. If there's enough interest, I might get it going.

14. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Theres an informal TA guild, however the cost of leveling the guild is prohibitive, and we only gained one extra player slot when we reached level 2. I expect we completed 8+ tasks to get that level.

I get a feeling we are the number 2 guild after final fantasy. Im sure we will continue to level up as a matter of course, and open up slots as and when to active players here.

15. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Doh! You are quite right. Wasn't thinking of it in those terms but I get where you're coming from

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Curious how you figure on that?

Also: Final Fantasy rightfully so deserves to be a badass guild. Best name :p

I am a very vocal freemium - hater, so given the fact that I've been playing this long and havent lost interest I would say THIS is 'freemium' done right.

One thing that kinda sucks is getting 'shiny' cards... the only way other people will see your badass shinies is if you put them on your team, which why would you bother if they are crap commons etc?

17. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I guess we would be #3 now from what i can see, as vn4ever looks in second place now. I think most of the guilds are fake, and are there to populate the list. Ive got nothing solid to base that on except ive played a few games at release or soft launch that appear to have a player base for ranking, until the actual players provide a living competitive league.

18. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Well...maybe just save a spot for me in the guild, then. What's its name? I have 2k gold ready to contribute. I might not spend. But I play frequently, pvp included.

19. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Same here. I'm definitely interested in joining a TA guild.

20. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Wow so much interest in the guild! Sadly it'll take us forever to level up enough to accomodate everyone