Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I really don't lose to the AI anymore, absent terrible luck or one of the OP legendaries such as the Bat. Usually not even then. Getting worried about challenge.

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Really enjoying it so far. I thought maybe I wouldn't like it so I held off until this morning, when I decided to download it. I'm about 4 missions in and really loving the rpg / card mechanics. The spells and elements are an awesome idea, as well as the weapons!

So, not to sure about IAP but I'd be willing to drop good money on a game like this. Really polished and my type of match 3.

Although, some speak of pay walls. I will drop nothing if there is a huge pay wall. I love to support devs but I liked to pay at my own will. If I feel as if the only way to continue is by laying than I simply won't, as others stated in previous posts.

Also I'm experiencing slight bugs. Someone's I'll go into a quest, it'll load for about 2-3 minutes. Once it's done loading I get rewards as if I best the mission. I'll even be able to upgrade an element if the ghost mission levels me.

I'm on an iPhone 6, not sure if the bug is secluded just to the 6 or not.

Looks beautiful on the screen, wonderful HD/retina visuals.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing a bright future for this game.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    FYI - there is no pay wall. If anything the game gets easier as you go not harder (as you get a better team).

You can randomly drops keys (which is pretty rare) or you can buy them with gold to get a mini booster that gives you 3 cards. I have gotten multiple epics from them so I know thats possible. After you beat the quest line for each city you get an epic character as well, so dont worry that they only way to get a good team is by paying.

Hopefully our guild will have more spaces open up later, would love to see you and more TA members on board :)

4. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    The interesting thing is that youre normally paywalled by an energy system. The energy here is also the main currency. The way its currently balanced members of the guild have enough excess 'energy' to donate their daily bonus to the guild every day. I suspect if people were struggling to either donate or play, then we simply wouldnt be getting donations

5. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    #385 xiel, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

Get Tyri, her skill is "Remove all Gems of a chosen color. Gain 4 Gold, Boosted by the gems removed."

She can be found when you completely finish Zhul'Kari story mode. I want to join a guild too please level 33 here.

Then you can do First Kingdom, 4/5/6 challenge, the ones which the first card have 0 attack.

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah she kinda sucks imo. I got her and was all excited to use her and i beat a game user her skill once with a lot of gems removed to boost it and got like 40 gold for the match? lol Im making more than that now just doing normal pvp

7. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Remove all of any type of gem should be great in theory, sadly it doesnt work well in practice.

The best use ive had for the ability is gem denial. I can neutralize a threat if i can keep them from getting any mana. Ive had moderate success doing this. The most obvious use would be setting up chains, but neither I nor the AI is particularly effective doing that

8. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Are there any tricks to getting gold? I am always limited by gold amounts. I don't know if I should unlock new areas or do PVP or or quests...etc.

If someone wants to start a new TA guild, I am happy to leave my current one and join.

9. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Definitely pvp. You gain about 70g per fight provided you win.

10. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    #390 xiel, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    Well he did say that PVP is unsustainable for him. So that I guess it is an alternative ?

When do you get your next +1 magic for your titular character ? i am like level 34 and still at 3.

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sadly, level 50. Its your last stat increase. You continue gaining mana bonuses, and there are new weapons when your mana bonus for a color reaches 10 (not counting guild bonuses). So far I only have the green one, and it does 8 damage (would be 7 pre-50) to any enemy. While there are prior 8 damage weapons, they are limited to first, last or random enemies. Kind of a big difference, actually, since 8 damage + Atlanta's 5 can take care of a level 10 Goblin.

12. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012

Can you level past 50 ? or not ?

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, you gain mana color bonuses still and can get new weapons.

14. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    I don't get the guild system, every time I search for one, they are all full. Are there only a few guilds out there? If anyone has a spot, invite code is kennfusion

15. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Ah thank you veyr much. Do you gain more weapons past 10 mana?

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    No idea. I once played a level 70, but with the new tighter system I haven't played anyone higher than 60. Leveling slows down too.

I think that once I have all the 10 mana weapons, I'll try to focus on one color, but thats gonna take a long time.

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Thanks for answering my questions! Was in a rush, sorry for some auto correct mistakes.

So let me know when your guild has an open spot! I'm game. Also found a key and got an epic, woot.

Are there legendarys in the game?

18. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Most definitely! They're the boss creatures you fight at the end of each city. I've yet to get one but waiting for the day :)

19. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Is there some reason why changes to my team don't save? I have to manually add/remove troops every fight.

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I''ll update this as I learn more, but here are the weapons you get with 10 mastery points in a color:

Blue: Dagger of the Void (9 damage to last enemy, 8 pre-50)
    Green: Bow of Betrayal (8 damage to any enemy, 7 pre-50)
    Purple: Tome of Wizardry (explode a gem) (there is a prior "destroy a gem" weapon).

The purple pretty much has to be bad unless it recharges incredibly quickly. I mean, there are creatures that explode lots of gems at a time. The other two are clear if very small upgrades over the prior weapons of that type (assuming all weapons recharge at the same rate???). Nothing too exciting so far.