Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I'm using it in tandem with whatever the 3 Brown spell is for the hero (Giant's ... Axe? Mace?) that does Base Attack to a creature of your choice and 1 Damage to either side. It's serving me pretty well in my early efforts.

A second random key dropping got me the Star Gazer (+1 Attack to an ally, remove all blue gems to boost the effect) which I WANT to like and use, but that Green/Purple combination is atrocious as it's stealing both from the Acolyte AND the Goblin.

Are "Magic Keys" any better than Iron Keys in terms of chest quality, or are they just a gem-exclusive second method of opening the chest? (Assuming Magic Keys don't drop as chest rewards later on ...)

2. wahoyaho

wahoyaho Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Just started playing. Looking for a guild also. My invite code is wahoyaho thanks.

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, for just about all creatures. The upgrade path is fixed (and different) for each creature type. There is a troop list at gemsofwar.com which shows the level 10 stats of each.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I believe I saw that they give 2x the chance of epic and legendary troops.

5. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I got The Silent One legendary, which silences all enemies. I've got a question, what happens if you get +1 magic to it? It seems like % chance doesn't decrease nothing is happening.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I think its a bug that it has a magic stat.

One of the best Legendaries imho.

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Jesus I hate facing that one. Bad enough to have all your guys silenced, but mana drained as well? OP!

8. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    That card is way overpowered! Usually if the ability is used it's all over for me!

9. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Was more worried about stealing our trophies...old habits die hard! Totally forgot that doesn't happen now. Time to raid some guildies later :D

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Its actually possible your doing them a favor, having more defense battles they can do. I have I don't know, 15-20 defenses. After the last one, a message about "1% bonus gold" flashed on the screen. I don't know if I got 1% bonus gold for all purposes, for the daily bonus, or what. I can't find any reference to having this 1%. Maybe it will show up tonight at daily bonus time. Either way, it seems that there is a useful reward at 15 or 20 defenses.

11. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    So, is this an oversight? Doing PVP, guy had a worm on his team. It was using the burrow ability. I'm not exageraTing when I say that he burrowed roughly 15-20 times in a row. He wiped my entire team. I only got 6/7 turns.

12. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    He kept chaining brown gems, then generating more with his ability, allowing him to make another chain? Interesting

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Rockworm does look messed up. Other creatures that make a ton of gems don't feed on the color they make. I'll post on the developers forum.

14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Nah man dont hate, assimilate!

15. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Im already planning on buying the dwarf home kingdom to have a major brown bonus, the deep borer to seed the board with brown, and the rock worm to take it home. Its gonna get nerfed before i get there!

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #376 ArtNJ, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Well, its not like I've tested it, but I've certainly faced Acolyte a bazillion times. When the enemy makes 12 gems of a color, they usually get another turn. Since Rockworm feeds on brown, it does seem like an obvious potential for an infinite loop.

Based on fighting Acolyte, I just don't get how something can make 12 gems of the color it feeds on (for a mana cost of 8).

Compare Rockworm (common) to Acolyte (rare) and you can see its out of whack -- Rockworm is just better, lots better.

17. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    So, what's the best method for acquiring gold? Pvp seems unsustainable. Should we just spread out and complete quests?

Also, level 20 and looking for an existing guild. SixDaysShort_1

18. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, but playing devils advocate, was this just down to unlucky gem draw rather than the worm ability? I'm starting to get worried players are calling for nerfs every time they
    lose to a certain deck or strong card......?
    Just saying,

19. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    #379 nosoup4crr, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    I immediately used mine. Upgraded it to level 5. It might not get 15 in a row. But you'll routinely get streaks of 6/7 each match. That's 18/21 damage. It's easily my best card. I don't know enough about the game to speak authoritatively. But it certainly feels imbalanced, at best. Broken at worst.

Edit: additionally, its ability lends itself to combos...and thus, gold. I'm now getting 45-60 gold each match.

20. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    if the ai can use it to devestating effect then its probably broken rather than imbalanced ;)

I feel bad making jokes like that, after all some guy slaved away to create an ai that does challenge us, and there wouldnt be a game without it.