Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Would anyone happen to know if there is a random element hero stat gains?

2. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    As far as I am aware, both hero and troop stat gains are fixed

3. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    They're fixed. Just the way it's presented makes it look random :)

4. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Whoops :)

5. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    So, how do guild work in this game? I went looking for guilds, but every guild being offered to me is full 10/10. I don't see a way to search, unless I'm missing it.

My Invite code is SCOTT 3 if anyone wants to invite me (if that's what it's used for.)

6. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Guild are benificial because they give you the mana boosts once your guild levels up. Also you get a money % bonus as a daily gold bonus.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sounds like a bug. Full exit the app and try again.

8. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Guilds can also complete tasks that give you items such as 10 souls, 5 diamonds to buy magic keys (you need 15 per key) or 2 iron keys to open chests with.

9. Reanto

Reanto Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi, I just started and will be very active Im level 16 now and looking for a nice guild to join.

Invite code is: ANTECCA_1

10. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Reanto...There does not appear to be a way to enter an _ in the invite code box.

11. Reanto

Reanto Member

Aug 26, 2011
    oh, maybe its Antecca 1 ...It says ANTECCA_1

thats sad I want to join a guild :(

12. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I've just started playing this... Question for the veterans...

Should I only level up and specialize in one mastery or multiple ones? How many points should I spend on one specific mastery? Could someone explain this system?

13. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Mastery improves your chance for a Mana Surge (doubled mana) on a match. It also unlocks weapons for that color at set thresholds.

I've been pretty much evenly distributing mastery points as I'm not sure which colors/weapon I want to use for end game play. Along with guild mastery bonuses, maybe there's enough points that you don't have to solely focus on one color anyway.

Devs has also mentioned the possibility that there will be events that focus on given colors so a spread looks like a good choice.

14. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    #334 andreadeda, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    How do you level spells? I noticed one of my characters has now a magic level 2; he's levelled to 3 but other chars that are higher level still have magic level 1; does it increase by using the spell in battle or is it fixed level up skill depending on the character?

If anyone has a guild recruiting my in-game name is deda

I'm not an hardcore player but i always do my part :)

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #335 ArtNJ, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Your creatures can be upgraded to level 10. Each creature has a fixed upgrade path, that differs from creature to creature. Some creatures may gain magic points at level 4, 6, 8 and 10, and some may gain a second magic point only at level 6 and not further. It varies, by creature type, but, for example, a goblin will always follow the same upgrade path, whatever the path for the goblin is supposed to be.

There is a pretty troop list at gemsofwar.com which shows what the creatures will end up at when you get them to level 10.

By the way, of the initial troops you get, the "common" goblin is actually quite good. I've seen some level 50+ players still using the goblin. His skill takes very little green to activate, does damage and give you and extra turn. So he really fits in well on a lot of teams.

You really don't need to worry bout spending a few souls to level whatever creature you have that makes sense to you, but certainly the goblin is perfectly safe to level.

FYI, finishing the quests in the first city yields a very useful "Epic" rarity character (Luther) that is also terrific to spend souls on.

16. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Yea, it sux how it's getting less and less support nowadays, just because it's outdated...

17. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    To be fair the ipod touch 4 has what, 512 ram? Even at 1gb it's already cutting it close for ios 8, 512 would basically render it a lag fest.

On a more related note, I'm so glad I kept puzzle quest 1 HD backed up since they pulled that game. No idea why. I wonder if it still works, haven't fired up the game in forever.

18. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Small bug, when opening facebook window it's rotated wrongly, vertically rathen then horizontally.

19. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Come on, it was outdated when it was brand new because they gave it the screen of the iPhone 4 with the innards of a 3GS, the thing was carrying too heavy a burden from day one and time has NOT been kind to it.

20. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Was loving this - feels just like a f2p Puzzle Quest should, but then bam - hit the paywall HARD. I'd be interested to see revenue models of selling finite amounts of currency versus selling multipliers. To me, a multiplier is often a no-brainer purchase, whereas set packages of gems are always no-brainer things to avoid forever. Based on the rarity of multipliers for sale in games, they probably don't make as much money, but I can tell you this: this studio will be getting exactly $0 from me, so in my case, it was a bad call on their part. I would like to show my support somehow, though, in a less anxiety-inducing way than buying a pile of gems, because PQ games a great, a lot of cool artists and designers obviously put a lot of love into this as well.