Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #301 Ayjona, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    I've consciously nerfed my hero build for this reason, distributing my stats as widely as possible across all mana types. I probably won't be near as effective as focused heroes, but I'll avoid having my build nerfed by future changes, and I can jump freely between many different kinds of weapons and troops.

Devs, it would be nice with an option for a rare respec, no matter how costly, for this very reason. And since it is *extremely* hard to make informed decisions regarding masteries until quite a few levels into the game, not only because we knew so little about the game from the outset, but also because the troops and weapons with which we'll stick tend to manifest much further into the game.

2. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    I know spell mastery keeps increasing by 1 after that but I don't think the devs mentioned anything about weapons stopping. I'm guessing it most likely does though or you'd end up massively OP since apparently player levels can go up to 1000 :eek:

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #303 ArtNJ, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    Based on recent battles, I don't think weapons stop coming at level 50.

I'm 48, and I just fought a 51 with a 9 damage, target the first enemy weapon. I've also seen a 50+ with an 8 damage weapon, and I don't have either.

I do *always* have all the weapons that lower level players use against me, at least so far.

I'm not sure, but it might be related to your level of a particular color. So there might be a small advantage to concentrating on a color if there are better weapons to be had.

(I don't think weapon damage scales with how many points you have in that color. I think it scales with magic, and all heroes seem to have 3 points in magic after a certain level)

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Afaik, obtaining weapons is based solely on mastery rank of a given color, and is not otherwise related to character level, so you should get every weapon eventually.

5. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Yup it's based on your rank in spell mastery for that colour. I'm focusing on purple whenever it comes up as a choice and current weapon is 9 damage split out randomly over all enemies. I'm guessing your opponents might have a higher mastery in other colours that you might not have hence the better weapons? Maybe we should get a dev to confirm when weapons stop being given out

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, we leveled our guild ... and it was very anticlimactic. No benefit, other than the ability to add 1 slot. It looks like the people with guilds with a large number of slots spent a lot of real dollars to level their guilds (which are mostly empty anyway, so you know, highly questionable use of dollars even for the rich.).

I'm bummed its just one slot. Going over my notes, we had two people ask yesterday, Aconfusedkender and Individualistic (Debonair) ign and one today (which we'll have to say is too late). I'm too lazy to figure out which one of you asked at which exact time. In retrospect, I should have made note of that :)

Anyway, whichever of you too re-asks first will get the slot. Everyone else will just have to wait until we level or someone goes inactive.

7. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Out in U.S. Now!

Was able to download again with my "home" AppStore and transfer over my guy.

8. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Wow it only increases by 1. That's not much of a bonus considering how long it takes to get there. I've seen some guilds with slots for 26 players but only 2 in it. Crazy

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    The slot is taken.

I'm a little unclear if anything happens to the guild if I switch to the US version?

10. individualistik

Nov 21, 2012
    Art, can't pm you because your inbox is full. I've left my current guild and waiting for invite.

11. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Wh-wh-what? This is out now already?!

12. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Yup!! Just released worldwide today

13. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I hope someone told the TA crew so they can feature it

14. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Hope so too :) talked my sister into trying this and she's now an addict and so am I :p

15. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
  16. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #316 pinOi32, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Hey 505 Studios, if you go on these forums... Please update this game so people who own an iPod Touch 4 will be able to play it...

I really wanted to play this game, but the game crashes every time while it's loading the tutorial (on the screen where it shows a loading bar beneath a card; the game always crashes before it's almost finished loading)...

17. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I actually bought the missus an ipad mini 2 as an early xmas present so she could play this game, as it didnt work on her rather old ipod touch 4. To be fair theres a whole bunch of stuff that doesnt work on ipod 4, and thats got even worse now it cant update to ios8

18. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    This looks like one of those games that will suck you in.

19. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    We still have plenty of room in Band Of The Red Hand, just looking for cool active people 10+.

20. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Are you kidding me, I finally broke down and downloaded to my PC yesterday and was going to transfer to my iPad when I had time, DOH! :)