Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Guild

Hey Art or anyone else do you have room in your guild for me by chance?
    I'm probably too active hahaha can't put this damn game down. I'm level 24 and moving up.

Thanks,
    aconfusedkender

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    We don't. I expect we get more slots when we level. We are a little over 3/4 of the way to leveling, but it will likely be a few days -- not the quest we hopefully finish tonight, and probably not the quest we might (or might not) finish tomorrow, but the quest after that should do the trick.

3. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Thatd be great if you could hold me a spot. You actually just attacked my guildies hahaha and won

4. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Our guild is pretty awesome kender! We're lucky that Art made a guild that all contribute pretty quickly to the current task and are pretty active. Now if only the trophy system got fixed so we could actually push to 100 trophies so we could get more cash :p

5. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Also I've commented on the patch notes on the website asking the devs if it's possible to backdate the extra 50 souls per challenge for ones completed before the patch. Just thought other players might want to add their 2 cents in to hopefully persuade them to do so :)

6. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    well I'm ready when you are hahaha just PM me when you get an opening and I'll jump out of mine.

7. Sirrian

Sirrian New Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Hey Guys,

Sirrian (one of the devs on the game) here. Just stopping by for a few things.

1. Thanks for this huge thread! Some really good feedback in here, and we're taking a lot of it on board.
    2. Apologies about a few of the glitches, particularly around Guild Trophies. We're working to fix those. They were things that were difficult to catch without being in a live environment
    3. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you completed a bunch of challenges before 1.0.2. We'll see what we can do about getting you a few extra Souls as compensation.

Now, since you've been providing us with a ton of good info. I just wanted to return the favor and give you guys a bit of a scoop about a few things in the pipeline:

1. PvP beyond Rank 1. We're looking at some kind of leaderboard with rewards for our top players.
    2. Offline play. It can't ever be fully offline, but we're just investigating the ability to do something like play Challenges offline for extra Souls, so at least you're getting some meaningful progression while you're not connected
    3. The ability to directly set your Defense Team (yes we know the current system is confusing!)
    4. A better system of winning/retaining trophies & gold for PvP (so hold that Trophy push for a week or so... it'll get easier!)
    5. An option for "More Info" in game popups that better conveys things like Mana Costs & Spell Boost effects for more advanced players

There's a bunch more stuff in our backlog (obviously along with bug fixes that need to be done still), but we thought you'd like to know just a few of the upcoming improvements.

Cheers!

8. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Woohoo! Sounds like some great stuff is coming soon!

9. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Thanks Sirrian for keeping us up to date :) good to hear directly from the devs so we know what we can expect in the future.

10. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Thats a great wishlist for future updates. The devs have clearly been listening!

Am I the only one to note a significant jump in guild xp after finishing the leadership task? It makes sense thematically.

11. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Well I'm currently level 31 and I seem to have hit a bit of a paywall whereby I don't have enough gold to buy anymore cities, even after daily gold bonus, and so I'm left with invading but the amount of return of gold in most cases is just not worth bothering about.
    My last match up was for a pathetic 58g.....
    I wish there was some way to grind out some gold by way of replaying battles perhaps but as things stand there isn't.
    I would probably pay for some IAP gold when this goes worldwide but as its NZ only now, that's not an option.
    Very frustrating as I'm loving this game so much, or unless I'm missing something?

12. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    #292 tamykatakki, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    It takes me several days to come up with the cash now to buy a new city since my next is 1750g. I usually just rely on daily bonus and of course avoid spending any gold at all. I also try not to invade when saving cash since it rarely nets you a gain. Art has suggested grinding on some of the challenges with a wall as first card as you can get up to 105g through match 4 or 5s. Other then that I can't think of any other way

13. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I actually like the use of money vs the use of an energy based system to continue playing the game. I have been able to play non-stop if I have wanted to instead of waiting for an energy to refill. I know some people don't care for it but I think if you manage it right you could just keep playing. I played to son the other day I laid down to go to bed and I was switching colored gems with my eyes closed...I know might be a little sad :D

14. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Got tired of being 1 of the 3 or so members in a 10/10 guild that contributed to tasks...and without being in control I can't boot people who are completely inactive, including the leader. Dropped out and started my own. Band Of The Red Hand, PM me if you want an invite.

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I hear you guys on the gold. Now that there is a 105 gold cap on the challenges, I don't think that is the greatest way to get gold, but with a special farming team it doesn't take so long either, and there is a chance of keys as well (because your making a lot of matches).

Doing pvp is probably better for gold, if you have a team that can win a good % for your level. Right now there is an exploit, if you don't like the PvP match up, just full exit the app, come in and you'll have a new match-up to consider without paying the 10 gold. (They should definitely close that.) Just make sure the pvp is worth your while, gold wise.

Daily guild commitment should decrease a bit if we get more slots when we level (probably tonight!), and we can add more break days too if people want.

16. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I'm still looking for a good one. Still don't know how you "invade" other guild for trophies though or how it shows xxxxx invaded Anaya and stole xx gold and a trophy

17. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    WICKED SCYTHE

Damage dealt by spell is now modified by magic.

Does this mean it has no more base damage ? I noticed my Wicked Scythe went from 5 -> 3.

18. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    OMG, my favourite weapon has been nerfed!
    Quite correct. It's now down to 3⃣ damage. Boohoo.

Also, somehow I've been kicked out of my guild after only two days.....unusual. And I contributed.
    Oh well.

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hmmm. It did seem a bit OP to me, compared to the other weapons, although at least it shared a color with Atlanta (the AOE epic).

They said heroes stop gaining base stats at level 50, so I'm unclear if weapons stop there as well. I know there is an 8 damage weapon I don't have yet.

I generally just use something that works out from a color perspective,

20. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, perhaps it was OP, However I did build my team around this weapon especially after getting Crimson bat (take 4 health from all enemy) and more importantly I sunk a lot of points into purple mana because of that weapon which is now pretty average.
    I guess that's the tinkering we should expect as they build to worldwide release.