Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Did anyone make it to ghulvania yet? I was wondering what the banner bonus was

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    There ya go man, found him for ya. Contact info is in the quoted post :)

3. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I'm probably missing something obvious here, but is it possible to delete a hero and/or have two heroes available on the same device?

4. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    You can't have two on one device as far as I know. You can delete your character if it's not linked to an account by uninstalling the game and re downloading. If it is linked then the only option I've seen is to create a character on a different device and then link it to your account. It then gives you option of which character you want to keep

5. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Can you PvP with a friend? To me, the best part of Puzzle Quest 1 was the ability to level up and play against a friend. My wife and I would play a match or two everyday and slowly leveled up. Every iteration since has either not had the feature at all or didn't allow leveling up which meant having to play the campaign which she often times doesn't have the time for. :(

6. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    No ability to directly challenge another player in PvP. Invade will randomly match you against opponent that is close in rank.

If you could challenge a friend, they would more than likely have to remove all rewards as it could be abused.

7. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    What? People would abuse directed PVP? I think you're underestimating the moral fiber of the gaming community.

8. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    ok noob question how do I set a defence? I have attacked people and sometimes I fought 4 and sometimes I fought 2. That had me wondering if I have a 4 person defense or not. How can I check who will fight once I do get attacked? Is it based off of the creatures you have for that particular city only?

THanks in advance,
    aconfusedkender

9. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    No one knows fore sure. Devs haven't said exactly how defense team is determined.

10. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Thanks bro for the answer!

I'll keep plugging away then with my game. Almost done with all the challenges in the Broken Spire. My goodness this game has some length to it to complete. I LOVE IT!!

11. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Loving it too! I like how you're not forced to purchase anything with real cash except voluntarily. Haven't hit a pay wall yet :)

12. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I'm glad that I decided to start over, as I had run into a brick wall against that Lava Wyrm and lost a ton of money. This time, I found a Templar and an Owlbear early, and the two of them were key for that fight.

I also found my first Shiny. :)

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Small update downloaded.
    So far all I can see is the cost of unlocking new cities has been raised.....now they all seem to be 1000 gold, and battle costs 70......

14. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    #274 tamykatakki, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Also found for the challenges you earn souls for each level instead of just the final 5 star one. Soul gain goes 5, 10, 15, 20 and 100. You now gain an extra 50 souls from doing challenges :)

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Wow. Having done quite a few challenges, it would be nice with some retroactive refunding of souls :)

16. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Me too considering I'd done about 10 challenges before the patch :(

17. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
  18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nah, city cost goes up with every city you unlock. Well, I think it might be 500, 500, 750, 750 then go up with every city. Anyway, my next costs 2,000!

So yeah, I give the guild "rest breaks" on contributions now and then because otherwise I'd never save for another city.

19. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Thanks for the reply.
    Also managed to get the last spot in Willows guild which I'm chuffed about.....however I successfully invaded another player and it isn't showing in the activity log. Was several hours ago as well.
    Have also contributed a small amount which will increase as time goes on.

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    There are still bugs in this regard. I just posted on the developer forum because on the activity log for Match Masters, we are 8-2 in our last 10 trophy battles -- and only show 1 trophy in the rank list.