Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, the time hasnt been long, but he hasnt been leveling much, so I'm watching more closely. Not leveling much is totally fine, as long as he plays at least a few minutes a day and gives us our dues. If not, we had 3-4 others that wanted the slot.

I actually think we should take a "buy a city break" after this, with optional contributions, for a few days. Don't want to exhaust people's momentum, and I need another city myself. Reasonable balance and all that.

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Lets skip the trophy push this weekend - seems like most agree we aren't ready.

After we get this next quest done, we'll take a "buy a city break" for a few days.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I know he contributed 1000 gold to the first exploration quest (was there when he did so :) ). But this is the second one yer referring to, right?

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Right, the second. It really hasn't been that long, and I want us to have a "break" anyway. I'll be happy if he puts 600 in, at any point today.

We'll then take a break, with only optional contributions, until Monday. (My next city costs 1750!)

5. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Hi folks, I'm really enjoying this game, however we seem to have had all of our trophies stolen by invaders.

I keep losing lots of gold and having to defend against people who are 10+ levels higher than me.....I am not sure if it is connected to pvp rank as I am now at level 1, rank 30.

Which is the best hero card you can get from the cities, as I am on my 4th now, Zhul'Kari?

Final question....how does your individual guild rank increase, as we all seem to be recruits at the moment?

Thanks to all in the guild for working as a team...especially ArtNJ for taking the lead.

6. Hascon

Hascon New Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Guys, we are still looking for good players. So far, we have got 3 players lvl30-45, who are playing together.

If anyone wants to get in, let me know.

7. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Hmm, should i take revenge on xexist? Its not like we would lose a trophy

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    If a guildy inadvertently attacks you, I don't see why you can't take revenge if we aren't doing a trophy push (and we are not).

As far as ranks, I can give those out and set privileges and what not. Its just guild admin related, it doesn't do anything game wise. I'm not going to let someone else have booting privileges, but anything else is fair game. I was thinking that giving him a rank might be a way to recognize that Xexist had given a lot of extra beyond the requested contribution. You guys can tell me how you want me to work it if you have a preference, if you care. If no one cares, I won't fuss with it.

As far as the best free unit from a city, you can see them by selecting "All" in the troop menu. Each city has one legendary and one epic, and the epic is the one that is free.

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Don't attack people that are higher level, even if they have a lot of gold, because they will usually take the opportunity to defend and beat you. If you attack lower level people, they won't usually fuss with trying to defend. Thats what I do, seems to minimize gold loss.

10. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    I'm starting a list of people to not invade and avoid like the plague as they're way way overpowered for me. Invaded some people close to my level or a lot lower only to discover lots of legendaries in their line up and trained like crazy with souls. Might be a good idea for you to make one too? Also i try to spend my gold as quickly as possible to avoid being raided for cash. Not an option if you're saving for a city but otherwise works out good for me.

11. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Just opened my chests and received a Shiny goblin card. Anyone know what the difference is between a normal goblin card and a shiny? It's not showing up as disenchanting for more so that's not it.

12. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Cool! Have yet to see a shiny.

13. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Just looked at the developer page under support and discovered they're not any different. They just have the word shiny in it. Oh well! It's a pretty gold colour but still going to get disenchanted :D

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #254 ArtNJ, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    I believe they may have hot-fixed challenges so that once the 5 stages are cleared, you can no longer earn more than 105 gold by redoing the challenge.

Well, I dunno, it sounds really odd when I say it out loud, but it sure seems that way. I have earned 104 or 105 gold like 6 times now. I earned 180 something a long ways back, but now never more than 104 or 105. I even killed all the enemies except the wall, so was in 0 danger, and played for a good while.

I guess a possible theory is that after you earn 100 gold here, any additional gold is 1/5 or 1/10.

Or maybe I'm hallucinating, I dunno.

15. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I did the fortress siege challenge level 2 for about an hour and only got 105 gold

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Did you get a key? The gold cap stinks, but I've actually gotten 3 keys from doing this.

It may be that they didn't hot-fix anything, and I got the 180 gold from doing this prior to my 6th attempt -- i.e. you CAN infinitely farm, but only before the 6th attempt.

17. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I got a key recently from a challenge, i even noticed the graphic and the noise it made this time. However i dont think it was from this challenge

18. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I noticed sometime similar as well. Did the lvl 5 challenge in the first city for about 45 mins and only got 105 gold and no keys. This was also the first time I had completed the challenge.

19. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Is everyone else capped at 515 per day from Broken Spire? I ask because the other cities I've completed cap at 525.

Maybe starter area is lower to entice people to switch home city?

20. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    What is the name of the developer of this game that posts here ? I have to report something.