Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Does anyone else wish you could see what chars the opposition in pvp are using before choosing to fight? Got my ass handed to me by someone 2 levels higher with 3 legendaries and an epic of really high level in about oh...2 mins flat :(

2. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Don't believe it whenever anybody finishes a sentence with "...honest!" Lol

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Its not recall bias. The AI makes deliberately stupid moves sometimes. Sometimes though, it scans the board for the optimal move, and spots the kind of optimally clever move that we humans miss a lot.

4. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Yea I actually find the AI to be pretty smart at times...it's not bad.

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just discovered that challenges are repeatable even after you clear it 5x. I've mentioned before that the 3rd and 4th challenges in Broken Spire are consistently profitable with a logical build. They also yield a small quantity of souls and the usual very very small chance at a key (got one from a repeat challenge!)

Its not exactly quick or efficient farming, but its better than hoping that pvp will be profitable unless you have an overwhelming team. Also, not sure, could be bad luck, but I've never gotten a key from pvp.

I've never gotten more than 185ish gold farming these levels, and 105ish seems more common. But its mostly about patience if you have a good build.

So...farming is there, if you want too.

6. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    Do you get the 100 soul reward as well if you repeat? Or is that a 1 time deal?

7. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Theres a picture on the dev forum homepage that shows some kingdoms. On that picture ghulvania is next to swords edge and zaejin, in the top left of the map

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    1 time deal. Repeating it is just for farming gold (with a few souls thrown in). Its really not very time efficient, but its an option.

9. Beeble823

Beeble823 Member

Nov 13, 2014
    I feel like I finally got a strong team together. Basically, just Alchemist plus Atlanta. With a kingdom bonus, two matches powers up Alchemist. Then I make sure I can get an extra turn with his power. Use it, then use my lvl 10 Atlanta's power and repeat. Everything is dying pretty easily now.

I'm just looking to get the Power Chord guy now to finish the team for extra power.

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #230 ArtNJ, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    Sounds like a great team. You might want to consider the epic that can remove any color, as a possibly better way to re-fuel your main combo than the Power Chord guy. You don't get credit for the gems she removes though, so if you get credit for the gems Power Chord removes, then that would be better.

And then there is that unit that the computer uses on some missions, that at level 10 makes 11 gems of the color of the enemy you attack -- that is either green or blue rarity, I forget. That would also help fuel your main combo. Pretty sick little creature, wish I had it.

I have Atlanta, but not Alchemist or any of my other suggestions. Right now, I'm using Luther, Vampire Lord and Banshee. Pretty middling team because both Vampire Lord and Banshee charge with yellow plus another color. Sometimes Banshee can help charge Vampire Lord, but in practice it doesn't work out that often. Plus they said they going to nerf Luther and Vampire Lord on the forum, so yeah, not happy about having a team heading for 2 nerfs.

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I think you mean Dryad? Ive got her on my team :p

12. Hascon

Hascon New Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Guild Recruitment

Guys,

"Os Meu Pra Krai" is a guild who basically has two goals:

1. Evolving to get benefits for all members (200 daily contributed required, im contributing 1000).
    2. Having 100 trophies as soon as possible.

If you are looking for a solid guild, reply requesting an invite.

13. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    The original poster was talking about the ai cheating, as it seemed to get skulls when it needs them. I think youre likely to remember when you lose like that, but perhaps not remember when you get a runaway victory.

I can think of a couple of ways the ai could cheat. It could simply have gems drop in its favour, or it could know what gems are coming up and make matchs to leverage this information. I doubt either is happening though. Theres enough variability between the different cards and builds that they dont need to include fake complexity by cheating.

14. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

I might be the only person who's not a huge fan of the game. While I do like it, there are a couple issues which definitely have diminished my excitement for the game.

Most importantly, completing a quest is pretty unrewarding. To embark on a quest costs 60 gold. If you beat it, you might get ~20 back (depends on how many 4-matches you got, I think) and another +25 gold as a reward. And that's for beating it; if you lose, you're out 60 gold. Eventually, this acts as somewhat of a limiter to continuing. In a way, I feel penalized by playing.

That isn't to say that the game feels limited by gold. On the contrary, the game is actually pretty generous with gold. Like other popular freemium games, you earn daily gold, and earn bigger and bigger bonuses for playing consecutively. I don't know exactly how much I earn, but it's probably enough to by a pack every day or so.

I know it's popular in freemium games, but I detest the 'souls' concept where you upgrade your cards. It makes me afraid to really commit to any particular card, because accumulating souls takes quite awhile. Investing in a card means you're kinda stuck using it for awhile. Meanwhile, you'll be up against enemies using the same 'deck' (characters, really) but are substantially more leveled.

My last point isn't really fair, but that it's I would have liked to have seen the TCG aspect more fleshed out. Right now, the card element really exists in name only. Instead, you're basically just choosing which 4 characters to use. It's not really fair to penalize the game for this, but I had gotten the wrong impression watching the initial videos.

Overall, a really solid game that I'll be sinking some more time into, with a few defects (IMO) that detract from the overall promise.

15. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    With regards to souls, if you complete all 5 fights of a particular challeneg then you get 100 souls. Thats enough to get a card up to a respectable level 5, so its much less of a gamble or a grind to invest in a card you might not be 100% sure of.

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Trophies stick around such a short time, I guess we have to do our push to 100 trophies on Sunday.

Although, honestly, I'm rethinking whether its worth it. Maybe we just wait until we level up the guild and have more members to help us.

Thoughts?

17. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Thats a good question. We've smashed down to zero so we would be starting from scratch again. Would the money be better spent levelling up the guild so we can have more members? Theres still some interest in the thread but we would need to get the regular players before they start investing in another guild

18. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I'm not sure, even with a Sunday push we could hit 100. I'm now getting level 45+ opponents regularly when tapping Invade.

Would probably have to burn a ton of gold to find good matchups while also being raided regularly.

19. tamykatakki

Aug 19, 2013
    I don't think it's worth pushing on Sunday. Would cost so much gold for each of us and I'm 34 and regularly get competitors lvl 40+ and have to refresh a few times to even find someone near my level. Maybe invest gold in levelling up. With more members we can get more trophies since more contributors

20. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Looks like we are waiting on siniom to complete the exploration quest