Universal Gems of War (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Agreed!!! I've been debating with myself about the validity of getting a NZ account but this game has me tugging on my topknot when I go home in anticipation. I would love a PQ3 if done right and that seems to have failed us all. This seems to be the closest thing

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    That wasn't my question :D:D

How do you set the defensive alignment that the computer would use to defend against someone else's pvp attack on you. Does it automatically use your most recent attacking lineup?

3. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Id wondered the same thing myself, which then leads onto the question of which builds can the AI use best to defend you?

4. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I wondered if it used the team under your "home" banner for defense? As in, if Broken Spire is my current "home" city, whatever team I have set under its banner would be my defense team.

If that's true, seems like we'd see lots more Broken Spire defense teams since I'm sure most people haven't paid to switch home cities.

5. bolony

bolony Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Invite "tony" if there's still spots in the guild.

6. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I downloaded with my NZ account but get an error when starting the game up. Guessing it has something to do with Game Center. Do I need to be logged into Game Center NZ for this to work as well?

7. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Been playing for a couple of days, level 17 now and really enjoying this game. Much better than PQ2
    I wish you could do something with old weapons, like sell for gold or disenchant for souls even.
    Have had a few keys and a couple of rares which have helped the deck/troop strength and gaining Luther really helped things though I'm hitting a bit of a wall now but I don't feel pushed at all I to buying IAP.
    Hopefully will get a few more levels in the days to come and try for the guild if there are any spaces left.....Art?

8. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    SO after much frustration I am coming to find out the option for None is not there anymore when it comes to payment options and getting a NZ account. Also coming to find out that US gift cards don't work there :D

Now what do I do...

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    You must have found a different set of instructions than I did. The instructions I found said switch to the NZ app store on your computer, then try and get a FREE game (doesn't have to be this one) then follow the prompts. Because you are trying to get a free game, you don't need payment info.

http://www.148apps.com/news/create-foreign-itunes-account-download-apps-games-early/

This link specifically covers doing it without entering payment info.

Sorry it was more of a hassle than I indicated, but once you click that link, it really should be less than 5 minutes.

10. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Maybe it's because i was doing it on my phone and not my comp?

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry all, guild is full, 10/10 counting the last invite (given out in order of request)

I believe we get more slots when we level up, but not sure how long that will take.

Inactives will generally be booted if they don't pay for whatever reward we are currently working on, but everyone is currently paid up.

I'll create a PM list for the guild and stop bothering you all until we get more slots. Thanks for your patience.

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I think the instructions cover the reason for doing it on your computer, not your phone.

Again, sorry man, should have given you a link, just figured a good one would come up if you searched it. Looks like the 148apps link is a good one to give people trying to figure out how to do this.

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Wow, good luck to you guys!
    Probably got few levels more to go yet until I'm eligible so it may be about right.
    Look forward to it.

14. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Woot Woot!!!!

Ok finally made my NZ account and downloaded this game...I think I might have peed a little :D then said well hell since I'm over in the land of Kiwi I might as well get Vainglory which I did.

OH my goodness my wife is going to kill me tonight because I'm shutting down and hiding in the bathroom for 3 hours hahahaha she can take care of the kids for one night on her own :eek:

15. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Did you manage to log into Gems of War ok? I got the game downloaded and installed but error out on trying to start the game up. The colored wheel at the bottom is spinning and I get an in game error message. :(

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    You know, I got that my first time too. I think my internet connection was a little dodgy. I full exited, checked the connection, and loaded it up again and it was fine.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Damn, bloody heck! Xexist and Ajona, you dorks have robbed me! Grrrrr...

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    What did I did? :p

19. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I got attacked twice by beeble, the guild lost two trophies, i had two defence reports. I defended and won, and the second defence chance dissappeared. Thats one trophy i cant win back!

Incedentally beeble is a scary level 50 but i think his build attacks better than it defends, as ive won twice against him now.

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Great job everyone in our guild! I got *two* ultra rares from *one* key!

Glad to see contributing seems to be going fast!