iPad Gemmed 1.6 now available!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arono, May 7, 2009.

1. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Yes that's just great

Now I'll start practicing in survival mode to win that upcoming contest:D

Itunes link

2. iSmallZx

iSmallZx Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    sweet ill be picking this one up :)

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    MuN will be on any minute now

4. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Great update. New play mode and all. :) Thanks, MuN!

5. mmadden2

mmadden2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Thanks for making it easier! Appreciate it!

6. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    I rank number 3 in the world in survival!!

7. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I was #4 (no clue if I still am) and I'm gunning for you, Mr!

8. MuN

MuN Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Game Developer
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hope everyone is enjoying the Survival Mode!

Now that the update is out, I'm outlining the rules of the contest and will announce it shortly!

9. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Lord ure #7 now I'm #4

10. MuN

MuN Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Game Developer
    Las Vegas, NV
    #10 MuN, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    Here is a list of new features in v1.60:

* We've listened to you and added Casual Mode! Players who want to enjoy Gemmed! without worrying about the obstacles can play this mode and also submit their scores to the leaderboard. All scores from early versions are moved to this leader board.
    * New Survival Game Mode! See how long you can last and rescue as many monsters as possible! Certain bonuses give you extra time to stretch how far you can go.
    * Based on your feedback, we tweaked the speed of slime spreading over the board. It should be easier to handle now.
    * Introducing 2 new trophies for the Survival game mode!
    * Compare your scores for each game mode! Classic, Casual, and the new Survival let you compete against the world separated into each game mode.
    * Your last score with each game mode shows how that score ranks against the rest of the world.
    * No longer lose your high score! Each high score you submit will continuously attempt to be posted. Even if you know you don't have access to the internet, post your score anyway! It'll upload once you are back online!
    * Expanded the local scores for each game mode to show how much time, for your own personal best.
    * Refined the scrolling for the High Score and Trophy panes.
    * Many various tweaks and bug fixes!

In our next big update (we might have some minor updates to fix some issues in the meantime), we will be adding a new Challenge game mode! With this mode of play, we will continuously update new challenge maps for you to try and beat! Coming soon!

11. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Price has dropped to .99

[app]Gemmed![/app]

12. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    The new update is great! I really enjoy the Survival mode. Played it once, but it has already captured me and as an extremely enjoyable mode.

THANK YOU for allowing offline scores to be sent online at a later time. That's great to hear and should get a lot of people pretty pleased.

Thanks for the work you all are doing. You have really taken to heart the community's requests by creating so many various modes of play.

13. Ravenblack

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Caught an amusing bug when playing Survival for the first time.

[​IMG]

After a few chains and monsters gobbling up several gems in one move, two blank spaces appear. No gems can be shifted into that space. A few moves later, one of the monsters gobbled into the black space and the app crashed to home screen. I guess the monster has found a way to eat its way out of the program! :D

14. MuN

MuN Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Game Developer
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ahh! Glad you have a good sense of humor! :) We do eliminate those issues with each update as we come across them while debugging. I guess they still occur when so much is going on on the board at once.

Going to the main menu and reloading the game should work smoothly in most of those cases. Thanks for the screenshot!

15. Ravenblack

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Saw this in your recent update 1.61 notes.

I'll be looking forward to that feature. :)

16. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    This is a great game, but it's lacking in polish. The gem and monster graphics are fine, but the menu's and HUD look terrible. The game is fun and original, but I hate a game with a terrible interface. It annoys me so much.

17. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Umm...I think the interface is fantastic....are we talking about the same game?

The UI is very neat and clean, buttons are easily accessible and located where they should be. There are tons of games with a terrible interface, and this is NOT one of them.

18. Ravenblack

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore

Maybe he missed an update or two. The interface seems perfectly fine to me. :)

19. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I picked this up the other day and I love it! The updates and contests give it a life of it's own. This is my favorite match-3 game now.

20. MuN

MuN Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Game Developer
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thank you guys :)

Ah! This is the first time I hear someone not liking the UI. I thought our original UI was already fine, but I really like the new UI that came with version 1.5. I'm actually very proud of how nice and clean everything looks :)

Sorry to hear that you find it terrible - I sure didn't expect everyone to love the interface, but I suppose I thought everyone would consider it to be "fine" at least :) I'd be curious to know what kinds of UI designs you like in the games.