Gas Cubby on Sale, $4 (Soon $10)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Christopher, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Christopher

Christopher Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I am searching for quality, practical applications for my iPhone so it is something more than just a game machine... Does anyone have any experience using this app at the pump? Is it worth the sale price?

Gas Cubby • MPG & Car Maintenance currently on sale for $3.99. Link: [App Store]

Excerpt from App Store description regarding coming update and pending price increase:
    [​IMG]

Trip Cubby • Mileage Log is also available from the same developer with a similar interface and sale. Link: [App Store]

Thanks!

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Be advised:

[​IMG]

Has dropped to $.99 twice already, might regret buying it, if later it goes down to $.99 again.

Also their highest price point has been $4.99, so it must be a big update if they plan on doubling it to $10.

I got it at $.99 a while back but never really used it, so can't tell you how it is. Sorry.

3. Christopher

Mar 16, 2009
    Wow, thank you for making aware the dramatic price inconsistencies of this application. That is a deal breaker for me. I will wait until this one drops to a buck before I consider it again. I will be tracking it.

4. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    One of those price drops was an experiment where they dropped the price of their apps to 99 cents and asked users to donate what they felt the app was worth. (It didn't work out). I don't think they will be lowering to the 99 cent level again, but who knows.

If you only need a good mpg tracker then I like Accufuel and it's price has always been 99 cents.

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Just dropped another dollar :p boy that would have sucked if you got it the other day lol.

6. Christopher

Mar 16, 2009
    Thanks, guys!

Heh, yeah it would have. Considering news of their experiment (thanks, Freegoo!) and the recent price drop (thank you, Zincous!) , I may have to jump on this. But my notion is that they dropped price to stay in the Top 100, so if it moves down the charts anymore they may drop it another buck. Reading their blog, it doesn't sound like it will hit $0.99 again anytime soon though.

Man, this is like playing the stock market!