Gangstar Vegas (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im thinking somewhere in the line of... "Bribe: Pay $5 in IAP to avoid being caught by police"

Then every 3rd objective will be swarming with cops, only way to finish the game is to keep bribing em... Unless you buy a tank for $99.99 which cant be stopped by any police cars or armored cars. <-- Oh but you have to wait 24 hours for your Tank to arrive.

2. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I definitely didn't already mention the billboard ages ago... Lol ignored.

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    It is premium dudes.

4. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Guys, it's gonna be the same type of game as Gangstar Rio. Premium with the option to spend money on in game currency and respect. I would be surprised if it goes beyond that, since gameloft has confirmed over 20 times on every social media site that its gonna be premium. DH3, Six Guns, DH4 all sucked due to freemium so I understand why there is concern.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Do you remember last "Gangstar" game? After Rio, GL said that they wouldn't make another one. Two months later, they released a freemium game with assets from Gangstar Miami Vindication called Urban Crime, where you actually needed to buy cars before stealing them.
    I'd say that's the main reason why nobody wants another freemium Gangstar game.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #86 Edmilan, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
    Not keeping my hopes up on this one. 'Got really burned by the DH4 fiasco. Even if they say it won't be free, there will probably be tons of IAP's and parts in the game that will be insanely difficult, with "you can't progress without using bugs or forking over real money"

7. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Yes but I remember an interview with gameloft saying that the Gangtar series would remain paymium (one time price with option of IAP but not required) and urban crime would be the freemium version.

In my opinion this should be the final gangstar, unless they do an mmo/multiplayer version. As far as a single player campaign, they've done almost everything they can.

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Except the following: Dinosaurs, Aliens, Area 51, swords, play as a police officer, play in NYC, branching paths, lovecraftian monstrocities, the 1970s, play as a ninja, etc.
    (I could go on and on.)

9. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Dinosaurs: too far out there, maybe for a mini game of some kind
    Aliens: I want that to be in this :D
    Area 51: same as aliens
    Swords: that's already in Gangstar Rio
    Play as Police Officer: it would be fun but its kinda similar to 9MM
    NYC: been done too many times, would love one set in Paris or Tokyo though
    Branching paths: gangstar 1 had it
    1970's: gangstar in the past would be very interesting, didn't think of that
    Ninja: again it strays too far from the gangstar series

10. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    When do you guys anticipate some actual gameplay or screenshots? I would hope we get a look at the game sometime in the next week, even if its just a screenshot or two. Live action teaser trailers #

11. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    The police officer would be cool in a 1970s era St. Louis. Hows that?

12. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    I would definitely play that, but I doubt that St. Louis would get get chosen as the location for gangstar, even though its a great city.

13. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Agreed. The gateway arch is an awesome landmark.

14. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    Is it just Me or what, I have the game and when I go to redownload I look at the reviews and everyone says it has good graphics but I didn't think they were good at all.

15. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    You're using an iPod Touch 4. You're going to see the arse-end of the graphics spectrum. No fancy shaders or post-processing effects, and a hell of a lot of fog to keep a stable framerate. You'll also experience stuttering as your RAM cache is cleared to load new areas.

If they're using anything better, their experience will also be smoother.

16. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I was gonna say jetpacks, but they added those, didn't they?

EDIT: Damn, double post. My bad.

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Rios jetpack controls stunck.

18. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    I thought it was good enough. A little hard to land it right though

19. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Don't care what you guys say, or how many times GL says on any Facebook post or even directly from their mouth that this will be premium. I am telling you this will be FreePremium. That means premium price with freemium iaps. Others have gotten it right, pay to steal cars, pay to get out of jail, pay this that this that this that. They simply know the formula to make money and don't care. Sure I'd love a zero iap premium just like gta, I'd pay anything up to and including ten bucks if it looked polished. But it just ain't happening. I'm hoping I'm wrong and this post just ends up a troll, I really do.

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Paymium probaldly will happen, but not this bad dude.
    Come on man, lighten up.