Gangstar Vegas (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I hope we can play offline.

2. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    +1 to that

Also
    [​IMG]

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Looks good.
    Glare is messing up the photo tough.

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Haha yeah I know. I'll more than likely play without sound though, as I do with all other iOS games.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Visually that's looking so good it's astounding. The shaders, the poly count...especially on environmental models...wow. They really nailed the visuals; this looks like something we'd see inbetween an Xbox and a 360. Really wish they'd put dynamic shadows on the player's character but everything else is just looking so fantastic.

Look at the lighting in the environment, look at the detail in that ped. My two concerns are the animations and the fact that currency is displayed right by the map - that's intrusive and just screen clutter.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^May seem like currency, but the second icon looks like a vest to me. If it is, i wonder if those are consumable items. I just hope it's something else, one that doesnt demand us to paymore.

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I think it'll be a meter for the bullet vests.
    Instead of a health bar for it.
    Like it shows a percentage.

8. m0ncrieff

m0ncrieff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012

This map reminds me about dark knight rises (the same colours). Also there's some kind of a shadow, but not really good, like in amazing spider man on iPhone 5. Hope, that these shadows could be better.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That's a blob nondynamic shadow, like older Gameloft games. It isn't even a fuzzy low-res shadows like Spiderman got in TASM for A5/A6.

It's possible that the shadows are actually cast by light now, and because he's indoors with no light sources it's just a blob shadow. Seeing that the Vita can run something like AC Liberation, it's possible for very high end iOS devices but I don't see that occurring in this game.

Still, it's looking spectacular.

10. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    So there is multiplayer in this?

11. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    i'm starting to question whether or not it will be out this thursday. the game looks like its done but gameloft would probably put a trailer up by now

12. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    also 9 times bigger than rio? i dont mean to complain but thats kinda too big for a mobile game. like damn thats about the size of san andreas. i thought we would be lucky to get 3 times the size.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That would also mean an incredibly big filesize...just thinking about makes me cringe 0_O

14. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Eh, all Gameloft character models look the same, 2D clothing, reflecting so much light they look like they were covered in oil and the movement looks so unnatural!

15. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #375 sicksilvo, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    Rumor has it: Game trailer on 3rd (today), game on 6th.
    That was posted by same guy who put online that last pic. and backed up by that Italian game site that had short hands on - courtesy of Gameloft Milan studio.
    If the trailer doesn't come today, I doubt game will release this week.

Im with you on this one, more so Gameloft announced today that they will have a booth at E3

"Eager to see Gameloft's booth at E3? Stay tuned for some awesome previews of our E3 announcements throughout the week!"

@Exact-Psience
    It will be premium price + IAP - that was confirmed by Gameloft spokesman here and here

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just want this to be at a premium price, even if it has IAPs, as long as it's MC or NOVA-balanced.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    This is actually taking on a glossy bloom look - similar to Hitman: Absolution. I like it.

The clothing isn't 2D; it may not have cloth physics but there are many polygons and bump mapping there.

I'll agree with the animations, but after the mo-caps that MC4 has I'm hoping for the same here.

18. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    I know right? I don't want this to be bigger than 2 gb. Also the number of missions goes down every game.

MV: 75 Missions
    Rio: 62 Missions
    Vegas: 40 Missions

But I guess there are gambling mini games and probably side missions too

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Having 40 varied and interesting missions is much better than 100 "go kill this dude and escape" missions.

20. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    One of the things I liked about past gangstar games is how easily I could memorize roads. It seems like that feature will be lost in this game if it truly is 9 times the size of rio.