Universal Gangstar New Orleans [By Gameloft] - (PH Soft Launch)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    #41 dudewelcome, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    So I guess in one of my earlier posts I was off by my logged hours in Vegas by a bit. Glass after glass of bourbon after work doesn't really help my case there haha. My actual logged playtime is 5 days and an hour, which I can totally believe.
    That being said, I put a couple hours into New Orleans after telling myself I'd wait for a global release and then buckling. Afterwards, I played a good 30 or so minutes of Vegas for comparison, and I have to say, New Orleans takes some pretty significant leaps and strides over Vegas. There're a few obvious graphical downgrades in NO so far, though New Orleans beats the hell out of Vegas in terms of style alone, and the blood effects on your character as you get shot and the damage/lighting effects on cars has been greatly improved. Firing off rounds gives a rad particle effect that looks great, despite not aiming for (HA) realism. The aiming system's a lot better, requiring just a little bit of precision (aiming the center-aligned cursor toward your enemy and firing rather than your char auto-locking anything and everything) and that makes gunfights a lot more fun imo. The cover system is very similar to Vegas's except that the amount of time in the animation for entering cover has been conveniently reduced. Switching weapons is a lot easier and more intuitive, as there's a weapon wheel system in place so you don't have to constantly scroll through your guns to decide which tools you need for your immediate carnage. In addition, I was very, VERY pleased to find out that you can actually reload in NO, a feature that I've been itching for since West Coast Hustle haha
    The drifting physics are also more precise, which makes for some great high-speed chases and getaways.
    The movement control is more precise than Vegas as well, and more in line with Gangstar Rio in that it feels a lot less slippery than Vegas.
    As far as monetization goes, the f2p element is annoying (which I theorize is completely unavoidable in any game) but absolutely less pushy than Vegas so far since Vegas took the leap from premium to f2p. I haven't noticed any VIP system in place so I'm hoping they did away with it.
    The map is significantly greater than Vegas, and though I haven't focused enough on free-roam (Which is my favorite part) to confirm this, seems to have a lot more verticality than Vegas's map.
    In addition, the radio is a hell of a lot easier on the ears than in Vegas. I haven't found a way to switch stations and don't know if it's even possible to but I don't mind that considering I haven't been offput by any of the music so far, as opposed to in Vegas, where entering a car also meant manually switching to the classic tunes station or the rock station when it wasn't spouting corny crap.
    There have also been animations added for close-quarter executions/takedowns and for stealing/entering vehicles, and they are just cinematic and non-intrusive enough to be a great little addition imo.
    My biggest gripe is that I can't find a strip club. LOL
    But in all seriousness, on my iPhone 6 Plus I found myself running into pretty much constant framerate dips while driving, though as mentioned earlier, I suspect this is because of a debug mode being run on the soft-launched version of the game. There were times that the graphics looked worse than in Vegas and times it actually looked better. And like I said in my last post (Or one of them, anyway) Vegas looked a lot worse than it does now when it came out.
    So far this is the best Gangstar game yet for sure, and again, as a fan of Rockstar's ports on iOS, having beaten III, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City, and Bully all on my phone (After beating them all on my old PS2/Wii in their prime of course) I think it makes a fantastic addition to the open-world crime genre on mobile.
    Will post more imps if anything comes to mind

2. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    problem

i cant enter the game as its written that the game is not released in my area yet!! PLS HEEEELP

Attached Files:

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It is a sof launch. The game is not released globally just yet.

4. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    What they have done is region locked the game so no one unless you from the PH area can play the game at present. Maybe the backlash has caught them by surprise and they need to go back to the drawing board. Guess we have to wait and see

5. Allstars Production

Jan 9, 2016
    well

ive tried to change vpn to philllipine. Then i changed region , NOTHING HELPED

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dudewelcome thanks for the imps I am excited to try it once it releases to other places I have an account with :)

7. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Lol. Well Gameloft strikes again. I'm unaware of any soft launched game, that has geo-locked out players. I was actually giving the game a shot. Oh well. I'm about ready to give up on them anyway.

8. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    You can't really blame them for geo locking a soft launched game. It looks like this is a new trend, kabam did the same with their transformers game.

9. Allstars Production

Jan 9, 2016
    so

but Kabam's block is easy to avoid . Just change vpn once and u can play then with ur usual vpn. But Gameloft's block is block i cant avoid whatever i have used

10. DrewDiddy17

DrewDiddy17 Member

Nov 15, 2013
    So when is this coming out in North America? I enjoyed vegas till they made it way more freemium & timer based but I will give this one a try.

11. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    No problem! The game's servers have been under maintenance so I haven't been able play for the past couple days but as soon as the server maintenance is over I'll post more imps. Btw unfortunately I've seen signs of a VIP system but I'll go more into detail as I'm able to explore the restrictions based on VIP

12. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I finally figured it out. This BETA already have multiplayer support. I captured Madisonville from BUBBA BOGGS. But someone named Jelly re captured from me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Well, here we go again!! # ANOTHER game that's not gonna be compatible with my iPad4! Been a good ride with this device, but it looks like its usefulness is finally coming to its inevitable end in my house! The semi-techie gadget guy that I am can't let this get too far outta hand, so I m gonna be thinking about moving up (not right away, but it won't be too long) to a newer model. More and more games that are made now are incompatible with this one. Sucks. Sometimes, though, seems like some of them should still run fine considering what they look like and don't appear to need more than the ipad4 can deal with, but they do. Games like this one, I won't be able to have for now, and that's tough for my spoiled-ass to deal with! #

14. Allstars Production

Jan 9, 2016

well, its TSM , time shifted multiplayer

15. Krugrrr

Krugrrr New Member

Jun 13, 2016
    I feel you. I have iPad4 and I have to grab another device to try this game. Time to up!

16. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Upgrading from iPad 4 is definitely worth it

...but not for this game lol

17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Guys,if you want true and fun third person open-world game experience then go and play GTA SA and Cataclysm - dark days ahead,these will satisfy your open-world-do-whatever-the-heck-you-want craving in every possible way (except for sophisticated crafting which exists in 3 other games,2 are 3d and one is 2d).

I fully agree,if Gameloft wants to become great again they better make free2play right,there is simply too much greed in all of their current games,they are simply not worth playing anymore.

18. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm able to log in to the game again in the U.S.

19. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Still says servers are down for me. Maybe it's only sections of the US. I'm in the central zone around Chicago

20. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#60 Anonomation, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    I'm in the same zone as you.

Edit: well it seems I'm blocked out again.