Universal Gangstar New Orleans [By Gameloft] - (PH Soft Launch)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Yes, it says an internet connection is required to play

2. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    What's the multiplayer part like?

3. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Based on the video posted it looks horrible graphically .

4. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Nothing tbh, the game is single player.

Also I say "meh" nothing special, energy system, time rush for more stars, weapon level upgrades, etc etc. It says character costumazition on desc, but there is only 6 different face, you are choosing one and starting lul

5. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Graphics are borderline terrible, missions are dull, combat is clunky, some enemies are bullet sponges, render distance is extremely small, star system on missions feels cheap, energy system limits your playtime. The game environment is boring, without personality & oddly empty in certain places. Not really much to explore or do.

Not much positive here...but it's just a soft launch. Definitely not worth making a new iTunes for, if you're on the fence about it.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Not too many games have my hometown, it feels pretty good to play this.

7. Anonomation

In case you didn't know, there's 8 selectable characters

8. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    We have many GTA games and Bully on mobile device.

But for a free game, you cannot expect Gangstar as good as GTA.

Gameloft is not Rockstar :p

9. BATTLEBATTLE

BATTLEBATTLE New Member

Jan 10, 2017
    Here is a phillipenes apple account

Here is a phillipenes apple account
    Email: [email protected]
    Password: 2017TouchArcade

10. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
  11. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I already tried it, but it is unusual in Gameloft that the game does not have graphic effects, lights and detailed on the sidewalks as they usually do, it does not have support for mfi controls so it plays to play with the Tactil for the moment, the game looks very all right. But could improve it with better effects and improving the graphics a bit.

12. Anonomation

I do think some areas need big improvement, but this style is the first step in Gameloft moving away a from Gangstar being a GTA clone

13. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Agreed about downgraded graphics but Vegas looked a lot worse than it does now, Gameloft (As scummy as I think they are) are usually pretty good about following games up with content updates and various improvements. I still play it pretty actively, alongside GTA SA and Bully- They're all strong in different ways and Gangstar Vegas was the closest to GTA V that the App Store has to offer. Super psyched for this one though I hope the f2p element isn't nearly as brutal as in Vegas (Though I'm not holding my breath lol) I've put dozens (around 80 or so last time I checked) of hours into Vegas and hope to put many more into this one :)

P.S. The default protagonist looks awesome, best one so far from what I can tell

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I would of figured a gta / mafia take from gameloft would of had controller support. No gripes other than the lack of mifi so far.

15. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I'm playing it on iPhone 7 and I feel that to take so much time in preparation, (since gangstar vegas has several years) I think they should have polished it more and have had enough time to do it, I hope to improve it in terms of detail and luminosity and effects and As far as it is a clone or not of gta sincerely the gangstar have even better missions that the gta lives in City and the horrible port of freedom my City. The biggest problem of Gameloft is its model to free to Play, the system of bars of energy. I prefer a thousand times to pay $ 5 for a complete game than to have to go through those kinds of things which in my opinion are not at all pleasant. I finished the story I was gangstar vegas before being free to play and it was an excellent game, but try to pass it over again over the years but it annoys me, since your model pays to advance does not go with me, I hope Gameloft reconsiders its model Business and return to sell us complete and quality objectives as it did before.

16. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Totally agree. A few gripes aside, Vegas was a hell of a lot more fun before it went f2p, and the vip system was crap (Though I spent enough over the course of about two years that I'm almost receiving the best rewards from it)

17. Anonomation

I agree with everything here. It's been 3 years so hey could have done a bit better. I was also really mad after putting so much time into GV and they make it freemuim so all the content became inaccessible to me.

18. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Closest game to
    GTA v that we will see on iphone