Gang$tar from Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zrgrvsh, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I could do $10 for this easy if it's as good as it seems to be in the video. I'm not interested in hearing those "I bet it won't be X and won't have Y or Z or be as good as a similar game on a console a hundred times more powerful!" opinions. It will be what it will be on the platform it was made for, and if it's good on that basis alone, I'll be happy to give Gameloft my money.

2. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    indeed xD, i dun realy care how long the game is, as long as it has the same main stuff that gta had, like the ability to go around nd carnage xD. it looks good and hope it runs well

3. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    i better be able to customize my dudes looks and clothes. The new gta sucks cuz i dont wanna be russian

4. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    lol and?? didnt that add more to the story xD, besides this is portable, like the gtas on the psp u couldnt edit the, ones on the ps2 u couldnt edit, and gta4 u cant edit, so wat gta could u edit... u must like saints row or something....pos clone is wat saints row is.

5. Lockdown.

Lockdown. Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I think this is going to be a great game. Sure you probably won't be able to do everything you were able to do in GTA4, but you people have to remember: ITS A PORTABLE DEVICE!! Just the fact alone that the game will feature full sandbox gameplay is amazing!!

6. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Wow this looks like it will really tear Payback and CJS apart! Keep it up gameloft! I'm happy to see how much work they put on the graphics, controls, and the whole story! Finally they didn't make one of those action/adventure type games (HoS, AC, TS, BIA, etc.) Not that those are bad, but just very "similar." This looks beautiful..

Just in case you didn't see this...

7. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    my sentiments exactly

8. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Saw the trailer on youtube. Sure do look better in terms of graphic and functionality than the two existing GTA clone. I'm just worried about the memory usage with that much of graphics around. Hate it when game crashes on 2G.

9. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I'd just like to see it in the app store before i end up dropping another $100 on apps between now the end of summer *sigh*

10. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Not Interested. :-[]

11. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    LOOKS REALLY GOOD. cant wait for this to hit the appstore.

12. You misspelled "contributing."

13. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    This game looks so amazing, I am glad Gameloft's making this port. It may not be a GTA, but hey, it's as close as we can get right? Unless Rockstar decides to port one...

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Is it a port? The "Gangstar" games I've seen before are 2d like Carjack Streets.

Hope they can get DJ Premier and Guru on the soundtrack, the real Gangstarr. :)

15. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Haha maybe a port upgrade then??

16. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Well, it is somewhat of a port since it's a title that they've already made and just moving that to the iPhone. I guess you could say they've improved it quite a bit (what an understatement..) but yeah. This looks awesome. I wanna throw people out of cars on my iPhone really badly now.

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  18. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    wow, looks AMAZING, this proves that the iDevices are capable of better graphics than the DS (not meant to be offensive DS fanboys:p)
    First day purchase.

19. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    actually its a different game in the gangstarr series. So its not a port, its a different part of the story...

20. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Really? Didn't know that. Thanks for telling me, I would have gone through the month pretty ignorant if it weren't for that comment. :rolleyes: