Universal Gamma Game Emulator (by ZodTTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, May 12, 2024.

1. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Finding a ton of games that don’t work unfortunately.

Tekken 3 freezes at the first replay

fighting force won’t load.

can’t get any boxing game to work. Knockout kings series and ready to rumble.

Booo lol. But still having some fun. Ps1 games I find held up the least of any other system. Only some fighting, wrestling and sports are still playable.

Hoping delta just adds all the systems there. Would love to have it all under one roof. And that is a much better app.

trying not to actually complain as it’s still good for what it is. And I can still play and show my kids some old ps1 games.

2. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #22 mastery51, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
    Provenance and
    There is word that RetroArch and Provenance is coming really soon. Both are great emulators. It sounds like RetroArch might have been recently submitted and Provenance is finishing up testing.

elcrazy, Chq and Truncana like this.
  3. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I dunno. I tried Provenance Beta and it seems to be not convenient. It adds .cue files and not .bin, it always has some problems with identifying roms “there’s a problem with your rom, is it Shea, PS or other game?” And if I try to add roms directly to directory then it says something like “it’s not midnafen file format” or doesn’t see roms at all.
    Retroarch is my fav.

mastery51 likes this.
  4. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Wait retroacrh is coming? That one is amazing. I have a small retro arch handheld. Wonder if that means we will get mame!!

not sure why I am so excited lol. I have a handheld with everything on it. Just something about having it again on my phone lol

Wrestlefest and Marvel vs capcom 2 here I come!! Again… lol

sebgo likes this.
  5. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Agree RetroArch is my favorite also. I didn’t sign up for the Provenance beta but I’ve been following the progress on X.

elcrazy likes this.
  6. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I was giving MvC a go a few minutes ago, on Provenance, actually. Morrigan says "Hi~♡".

IMG_1119.png

------------------------

As of now, I haven't had any issue adding games to Provenance Beta; N64 games that don't work on Delta (few I tested), work perfect on Prov, and even gets rid of the visual issues Delta has on other games (like Banjo-Kazooie's puzzle transitions between screens or Conker's Bad Fur Day's eyes, as reported by another Delta/Prov user).

As for support, PS1 games have a few controller issues:

1. Some games crash the app after the PS logo screen appears when controllers are connected, just like Gamma. These are playable with on-screen controls, though. Examples include: RE3, Silent Hill, CTR, Vagrant Story and probably several more.

2. Games that don't crash the app, need to be played with the d-pad, because the analogue stick ONLY registers diagonal input, which is a bummer, especially for some hectic action games, like MvC which is a pain with the Joy-Cons' d-pad. Other games that don't require so much precise input, work great and without any other issues (so far, no visual issues or bad framerate).

3. I assume the diagonals issue is related to the "Analogue Mode" from the PS1 era (I remember controllers had a button for this), and Provenance comes with the option to toggle it ON/OFF, but it also crashes the app when I try to (can only be done in-game).

I've reported the crash issues and sent log reports, so hopefully it might be fixed. Also looking forward to checking RetroArch, but I have a soft spot for Provenance because that's been my go-to emulator pack for years.

elcrazy likes this.
  7. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#27 sebgo, May 15, 2024
    IMG_1120.jpeg

Time to check the games that crash on Provenance.

RE3

IMG_1121.png IMG_1122.png

I also double checked and analogue sticks don't suffer from the diagonal-only input issues Provenance has. Now, it's only missing a CRT filter for flair, but the emulator should work fine now with MFi/DS/XB/J-C controllers.

IMG_1128.png

As shown, diagonal as well as orthogonal input are registered properly with the use of analogue sticks; the hardest part was managing to press L+M punch at the same time.

IMG_1130.png

Unfortunately, some visual issues remain, such as the one reported on Discord by @Brightsiderus .

elcrazy likes this.
  8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm enjoying getting to find out what Playstation games i like as its been so long (And back in the 90's all i played was the Madden series on the Playstation !)

But Provenance and even RetroArch ? Wow cant wait for those

elcrazy likes this.
  9. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #29 elcrazy, May 15, 2024
    Retroarch is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it’s a mess at the moment lol. This is not the retroarch I know and love. Maybe it’s not set up for someone like me lol. Plus it’s not in English and I can’t seem to find the setting to change it.

also I don’t see Mame or and cpx :(

Hulkino likes this.
  10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ahhhh nearly was excited ! Just want mame !!

11. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    same here. But I just realized mame may never happen. Legally anyways. You can’t essentially own the old arcade games and they are more proprietary. You may not be able to emulate them as the whole legal point of emulation is that, “it’s ok if you own a physical copy”.
    I am assuming there is something behind this theory. But I could be completely wrong lol.

really hope we get mame at some point. Or ps2 lol.

12. Samuel Dodee

Samuel Dodee Active Member

Mar 27, 2024
    Male
    Well, with RetroArch you could use MAME and FBA cores so you are basically okay.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I don’t get how it works. Take for example commando. It has lots of variations but I copied over one commando.zip and opened that with final burn and worked a treat

same for gauntlet and bombjack and others. All good

14. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Sadly MAME core is not available in current Retroarch iOS version

Samuel Dodee and elcrazy like this.
  15. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    This is what I was saying. It doesn’t support mame or arcade. Not on their iOS version anyways.

Hulkino likes this.
  16. Samuel Dodee

Samuel Dodee Active Member

Mar 27, 2024
    Male
    I see... I don't know why. I remember it is there on Android.

17. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    miyoo mini plus Is the system I have retroarch on. It’s much better there. Has mame and other arcade emulators. It’s not powerful enough to play n64 or psp though. But for what it is I love it. Gave me all the nostalgia I needed. Well until iOS had emulators and now I am just downloading all the same shit again lol.
    Never played psp before. So I am downloading a bunch of those now. But using PPSSPP for them.

sebgo likes this.
  18. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    I want to add a second disc (The Offspring - SMASH) to play Ridge Racer with suitable music. How does the audio CD need to be converted for this to work?

Greetz Chris

Edit: Still missing scanline overlays.

19. Torrente

Torrente Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2024
    Most likely .wav as its the native format in cd’s.

20. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Most likely not.