Gamespot has a stub page for my game. Good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Synergic, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Synergic

Synergic New Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Automotive mechanic
    Panama City FL
    When I search google for my game Downfall Ball, the first 3 links point to a stub article on Gamespot that was clearly automatically generated. Is this a good or a bad thing? The only things I don't like about it is the page doesn't offer any useful information about the game. No download links and it doesn't show any of the gameplay videos even though I have a few on Youtube. No mention of the game's Facebook page either. Is it possible for me to claim the game and fill the page with content? It slightly irritates me that they are stealing my pagerank. The only thing I do like about it is this is the first time any major publication has even acknowledged the existence of the game. Anyone have advice regarding this?

2. NelsonH

NelsonH Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Game Developer
    US
    Gamespot retrieves almost all new games. My Game and several colleagues games was picked up as well. I think it is done as a place holder - and to drive traffic to their site.

You can raise your page rank by submitting to several announcement sites and linking back to game website. Also creating a press release helps as well.