Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. Apple Ink

Apple Ink New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Doom and Spore!:p

2. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    I'd be up for something like that. A Defender game using the accelerometer (sp?) would be interesting.

3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Spore Origins is coming out for $9.99 for iPhone and touch on Sept. 7th, but I'm not sure if it'll have a full fledged creature. There are also many doom wanna-be's but none that has the depth to follow in the footsteps of the DOOM franchise. I would love to see a real DOOM happen. (I wrote this whole paragraph from my iPod touch :) )

4. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
  5. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I would give a nad for any turn-based strat RPG that involves deep options, such as "Temple Of Elemental Evil" or "Silent Storm". "Jagged Alliance" maybe?

Hidden & Dangerous II
    Deus Ex

Oh my.

I'm excited about "Space Trader". That's coming. It's overdue, actually.

6. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I'd love to see some kind of Sonic the Hedgehog game, but not necessarily the old Megadrive/Genesis port (although that would probably be easy enough). Even 2D would be brilliant, if graphics were high quality and the series returned to it's roots - Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman. You don't need anything else. :)

Also, a port of Crash Bandicoot 1 would be great, however I'm not sure that Sony would make one for the iPhone...

7. pooks

pooks New Member

Aug 10, 2008
    GTA stories

A port of GTA 'Liberty City Stories' and 'Vice City Stories' from the PSP would be great. Not sure how the controls would work though...?

8. stevec319

stevec319 Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Hello, I've just got my iPhone and love it.

I'd like to see Elite (the space trading game from the 80s) and Advance Wars, although being a Nintendo game it's highly unlikely to make an appearance.

9. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    that DS strat/war game 'advance wars'..... that game or something similar would be amazing... it would work perfect on the iphone, and its totally got amazing depth and has that ability to pick up and play for a few minutes or a few hours...

good stuff...

also some lode runner type game, like N+...

10. Barnsey

Barnsey Member

Jul 28, 2008
    I'd like to see Meteos on the iPhone (Just because I prefer it to bejeweled)

11. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    I think a Diablo port would be fantastic! Maybe if Blizzard wouldn't jump on board, maybe someone will make a game on the same type engine but with different name.

I also would loooooove to see a version of Sega's Shenmue.

I've even been thinking of ways they could control the game as far as exploration and moving around.

"Hold" one finger on the screen and pan around to look around a room, pinch and un-pinch to zoom in on detailed items. (on store shelves, etc...)

"Single Tap" to walk down streets towards direction desired.

"Double Tap" to run.

"Single Tap" on pedestrians to interact.

And think of all the mini games, maybe with some new (iphone specific) type games to utilize the iphone tilting. To perform actions in a interactive cutscene it would be as simple as swiping or maybe touching one of the four corners of the screen when prompted to do so.

Oldskool Shenmue players know what I'm talkin' about and if you don't, just youtube some "Sega Shenmue" vids.

Oh and what about another simple game like SkeeBall

:D

12. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

Agreed. all those types of games were simple, yet so awesome, be it vertical or horizontal scrolling. I''d love to see arcade/computer classics such as: R-Type 2, Xenon 2, Twin Cobra, Truxton(Tatsujin), etc.

13. deluxe

deluxe Active Member

Aug 13, 2008
    IT
    France
    Heroes III

Heroes of Might and Magic III would be absolutely great...

As a turn-based strategy game, with originally a 800x600 resolution, very nice but "easy computed" graphics, no need for keyboard, I think it would be not too difficult to port it to iPhone/iPod Touch...

(First post... Hi guys !)

14. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
  15. ChemicalWeather

ChemicalWeather Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    DAMNIT. nice one. anyway, i am pretty excited for the jet grind radio port supposedly being released for the iPhone

16. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Return to Zork (PC)
    Shadowgate (NES)

I'd love a good first person shooter (upcoming Re-Volt looks promising).
    Even something very elementary would be awesome. ala cube runner?
    though I'm sure that's no simple feat either.

a good scrolling shooter, like 1942. I haven't tried any of the current ones in the store.

Graal Zone looks like it will be amazing whenever it launches. I didn't get to try the initial release which was pulled from the store, but I've got very high expectations for this one.

I also read that Bioshock is coming to the iPhone. If anyone's ever played Bioshock..... then you already know how incredibly cool that is

17. probably

probably New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Why are you all begging for LocoRoco and not awaiting this

18. probably

probably New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Oh and I think Electrocity could do some major damage to the app store (an energy independence based version of Sim City? yes.)

http://www.electrocity.co.nz/

19. OmniGeno

OmniGeno Member

Jul 18, 2008
    I don't know about "them all" but I sure am eagerly awaiting Rolando.