Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. JavaBlack

JavaBlack New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Space Trader - Good one!
    Taipan,
    Bookworm,
    Choplifter,
    Armour Alley,
    Crystal Quest,
    AirHeart,
    Wings of Fury,
    Karateka,
    Prince of Persia,
    Dark Castle...
    Sorry, I got carried away with nostalgia! Some of these won't even work well with the iPhone...

2. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    #82 renton, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
    id like to see games like patapon, castle crashers, flow, dungeon seige/zelda type game, little big planet type of game, eden, aquaria, lode runner, someone already mentioned rolando (That game looks GREAT)ect....... bascially all those indy type games that XLBA and PSN are grabbing up all over...

those games are so MADE for the iphone.... they are more cerebral with action, and use tons of physics, and the tilt of the phone/touch is made for these.

thats what i love about this platform, the games transcend what the device was made for : phone calls. these games push the phone/touch into more consumers hands just for the fact of being able to play these indy games that will never show up on nintendo DS or the playstation portable..

3. typ356

typ356 New Member

Jul 29, 2008
    State College, PA
    Would like to see John Madden Football on the iPhone.
    :cool:

4. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
    Pata pata pata pa pa pata PON!

Now I got it stuck in my head. :(

5. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
    And get yearly "updates" of the same game?

6. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #87 BrettArchibald, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
    Two words...

Two words...
    Spy Hunter
    :)

Oh, and another one, which I'm surprised no-one has mentioned yet:
    Archer Maclean's Mercury
    If ever a game was made for the iPhone, this is it.
    Not the prettiest game in the world, but fun to play and would work really well.

7. mikeadams

mikeadams Member

Jul 28, 2008
    professional tattooist
    pittsburgh
    loco roco WOULD make a good one. BUT its made by sony, and once again like wipeout was mentioned, i doubt theyd do anything to jepordize their psp. i have a psp, but personally i love ipod touch/iphones way more because a. you can access games and buy new content virtually anywhere. and b. devs can over-the-air-update all the time to fix bugs. also iphone apps seem to be more down to earth and by posting reviews/comments in the app store you feel like youre actually connecting with the devs and helping them fix bugs, rather than complain about a shitty ds/psp game you bought that wont ever get any better.

as far as seeing games come to the ipod. i wouldnt mind some that used on screen buttons. the accelerometer is cool, but alot of games make it impossible to play laying in bed like monkey ball, graal, or crash racing.

since im not jailbreaking my ipod, id like to see a tony hawk game with on screen controls to the app store. if they could somehow make a few decent fps's (im hoping ID will) id like to see how well they work on the ipod.

8. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Ideas

I would like to see a strategy type game like command & conquer, LostWinds, the Sims, Okami, Strong Bad's awesomely cool game for attractive people, a futuristic mmorpg with the runescape graphics engine or better, with a WoW gameplay system, WarioWare, Mercury Meltdown, a Punch-Out! port, MLB power pros, Wave Race, Pro Evolution Soccer with the wii engine, REZ, SSX, Road Rash, N+, Soul Calibur, Sonic!, Fire Emblem, Spiderman, Jet Set Radio Future, Skate It, a mii-style hockey game, Harry Potter, Star Wars pod racing, The Matrix, LOTR strategy game, a Paintball game, an ATV game, Mario Kart, the Helicopter shooting games on www.miniclip.com , Wipeout, F-Zero, Also, I can't wait for StarSmasher, Asphalt 4, and Rolando.

9. mikeadams

mikeadams Member

Jul 28, 2008
    professional tattooist
    pittsburgh
    anyone remember or play little fighter? thatd be a good port, and cool online play with friends.[​IMG]

10. OmniGeno

OmniGeno Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Anyone remember the old Mac game Pararena? You play against the computer player in a sort of futuristic dish-shaped arena and try to get the ball into the opponent's goal. You collide with the opponent and try to get him/her out of the way to clear yourself a path to throw the ball into the goal.

This game would be perfect for the touch/accelerometer controls.

11. tkphotograph

tkphotograph Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Nanosaur

No doubt, hopefully we will be seeing Nanosaur by Pangea.

12. rustyjaw

rustyjaw Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2008
    I'd love to see Sega's Rez for the iPhone!

13. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    yeah, I agree. It would be an awesome game.:)

14. Barnsey

Barnsey Member

Jul 28, 2008
    I'd like to see liar's dice (think Pirates of the Caribbean) on the iPhone, implemented in the same way motion x poker was, shaking the cups etc.

Barnsey.

15. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Okami, LostWinds

The game Okami (Wii, PS2) would be absolutely perfect if they added a couple of buttons. Lost Winds (WiiWare) would be pretty cool as well. Anyone ever heard of Spogs Racing? It's another wiiware title it would be nice as another accelerometer racing game.

16. YoungChris

YoungChris Member

Jul 16, 2008
    A solid rts or fps would be great any one have any ideas for what these games could be

17. gingin

gingin New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    outrun 2.

lets put this baby to the test. It has done a sterling job of monkey ball.

use the tilt controls and use the crash bandicoot controls, but much better graphics.

graphics do not make a good game, but new users will be amazed at what this device can produce.

I have heard this phone is as good as a dreamcast, which is so promising i cannot believe.
    bj

18. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Two words...Yeti Olympics.

with wifi multiplayer for tournies.

19. oticon6

oticon6 Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Hey guys... uni student/part time developer considering competing with the big guys.

I figure this is the best place to determine whether it's worth the sleepless nights :p

How much interest do you think there'd be in a vertical scrolling shooter game? Somewhat like the old ones that were big in the arcade/DOS era such as Tyrian, Flying Shark (or Sky Shark), Raptor, Xenon and various others...

When I was younger, this was my favourite game style, but I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet.