Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. bacaramac

bacaramac Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Since EA has announced there continued developement on iPhone/Touch, I really hope we see Madden Football, Nascar and Need for Speed. I just hope they implement these with high quality and they are not thrown together. I haven't heard anything about Spore since the initial demo back in March, so I hope EA is working on these and not just talking about it.

2. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Isn't there already one of these?

3. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
  4. Ape_Man

Ape_Man New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely look into Vay, although it seems slightly sega'd for my taste. I never could get into RPG's on my Mega Drive (Genesis).

I just hope that Vay is the first of many.

Cheers

Ape Man

5. puponpup

puponpup New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Diner Dash! Addictive cell phone game. Could add better graphics and put it in real restaurants or cafes for real ad potential.

6. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Vay is a port of an old SegaCD title from 1993 or 1994. Old Skool JRPG.

7. twokidtech

twokidtech Member

Jul 21, 2008
    If you look into Touch Arcade's early posts, they said something called "Rolando" was coming to iPhone/iPod touch and it was just like Loco Roco.

8. OmniGeno

OmniGeno Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Yeah, I've been playing Vay. Let me just say that it's a good start. I'm happy to see the caliber of games that the iPhone/iPod Touch has the potential to support. That said, compared to other RPGs of its era, Vay is pretty... shall we say, ordinary. The plot is okay, gameplay is pretty vanilla, and it's very difficult to tell what equipment I should or should not buy from stores. And I don't know what my items do until I save, experiment, and then load again.

I will, of course, continue to enjoy the game and complete it, but if we're going to get a game like this, I hope there will be more RPGs in the style of the Square SNES ones, or maybe the Lufia series. This is where my comment came from. :)

9. RaiderRich721

RaiderRich721 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Self Employed! Love being my own boss! This is the
    CALI
    Tri-Peaks

I'm just looking for a good Tri-Peaks game. Pogo has a pretty good one. Something like that I guess. :cool:

10. gray mouser

gray mouser Active Member

Jul 11, 2008
    I'd like to see a few sports games out there but not from EA. EA sucks. I'd like to see some driving & football games.

11. nellym2011

nellym2011 New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Text Twist & Millionaire

Someone should make a game like Text twist. Who wants to be a Millionaire would also be cool. I had both of these games when i had my iphone jailbroken some one needs to bring them to the app store.

12. mek

mek Well-Known Member

axis and allies , not the RTS but the turn based strategy...with the ability of MultiPlayer

13. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
    I'm hoping to see an iPhone-friendly version of Peggle. That'd rock.

14. jparris1

jparris1 Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I also love TriPeaks style solitaire. Solitaire City has one. I wish the screen was rotateable but otherwise it's a nice implementation.

15. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    I'd like to see Ikariam client on the iphone.

You can play by iphone browser but it is kind of a pain to pinch and stretch.

16. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
    Ikariam gets pretty repetitive and boring in the later stages of the game. I'm surprised people are still playing it.

17. ldkaplan

Jul 22, 2008
    #77 ldkaplan, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
    True, but I'm enjoying beating on people now that I have an army. Still, it does not hold my attention like it once did.

It would be nice if instead of only being PVP, it had some PVE as well. Or at least some computer run towns that you could attack without upsetting the neighbors.

18. ldkaplan

Jul 22, 2008
    Fighter Pilot

It may be buried in here somewhere...but a fighter pilot game would be cool.

I remember a simple one from the Atari 400/800 days where you flew a sopwith camel. It was first person view I believe.

It would use the accelerometer for control and a touch button to shoot. Maybe a slider on one side for acceleration.

That would be good with wifi or 3g as well I think if it could be multi-player.

19. Stahl

Stahl Member

Jul 25, 2008
    College Student
    Caledonia, WI, USA
    I'd like to see a cribbage game for iPhone. I'm not sure what % of the iPhone owners even know what cribbage is so I don't know about the popularity of such a game. All I know is if it was done well I'd pay my $9.99 for it.

20. Aznsensation45

Aznsensation45 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    idk. but i would def. want the original "helicopter game"..that game was soo addicting...

oh, and uh halo 4:D