Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. Trahannn

Trahannn Member

Jul 8, 2008
    did anyone try out the Vay game? is it good?

2. YoungChris

YoungChris Member

Jul 16, 2008
    How about a Lego Star Wars

3. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
    I quite like it, but then again I like RPGs.

4. Mr Skills

Mr Skills New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    I would absolutely love to see an iPhone version of Carrier Command.

[​IMG]

Everything about the iPhone's control system would be perfect for it, from accelerometer-controlled flight to the carrier controls which could almost have been designed for a touchscreen.

:)

5. versemicroverse

versemicroverse New Member

Joust

Has anyone mentioned Joust?
    I'd like to see that!

Need an RPG, perhaps along the lines of Baldur's Gate. You know, DnD based, fantasy adventure. I guess I would settle for WoW. lol

6. transer

transer Member

Jul 14, 2008

Try Tap Tap Revenge. Free rhythm game, I like it quite a bit so far....

7. ryanb

ryanb New Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I would love to see Blizzard throw there hat in and port the first Diablo

8. YoungChris

YoungChris Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Diablo

Diablo would be an amazing game for the iPhone seeing as all you need is a mouse to play that game, you could use the touch screen to attack

9. girlgeek101

girlgeek101 Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Foreign Games

I have always wanted to be able to get French products (audibooks, games for iPod) from iTunes and have been frustrated by it's unability to sell French versions of things unless you are in the France site - and then it tells you that US members can't buy that. I hope that the App Store unites all the languages - maybe a filter to select; English, Spanish, French, German etc. so that you can get to the foreign language games easier. Even better would be that the App Store responds to the current language setting of the phone and offers the apps accordingly to the setting.....

This has always been missing in iTunes in my opinion. It seems that they don't get that a lot of foreigners live in America.

Favorite Games: FADE (strategy/role play), Motus (word game), Blockbuster (breaks up bricks using a paddle that bounces them back up toward the bricks)

Thanks for everything.

10. OmniGeno

OmniGeno Member

Jul 18, 2008
    As others have pointed out, I'd like to see song summoner ported to the Touch so I can actually play it. More RPGs like Vay(which I'm going to buy pretty soon) would be awesome. A hack and slash game like diablo, as one other has mentioned, or a Zelda clone would be fantastic.

But honestly, the first game that came to mind when I saw this thread title was Patapon, which is out for PSP. Patapon is a sidescrolling rhythm/strategy-war game that would, at least at first glance, be perfect for the Touch/iPhone.

btw, this is my first post here. Thanks for the great site!

11. TheBird

TheBird New Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Diablo

a touch screen version of diablo 1 or 2 would make a killing. I can only hope blizzard finds a way to do it.

12. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Member

Jul 18, 2008
    sweden
    starfox- the original for snes is still one of my favourite games ever, would love to see somthing similar.

GTA!!!

Marble madness, had almost forgotten it!

need for speed?

are final fantasy playstation exclusive? othervise one of those would be great to!

a new lucas arts adventure or two..

13. djalice

djalice Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I would love to see a good 2D/3D platform game

I would love to see a good 2D/3D platform game in the vein of Mario Bros. & Rachet & Clank.

Also someone mentioned 'Wipeout' which would be awesome! I don't think the Sony connection would be a problem as isn't 'Crash Bandicoot' an in house development? and that's on the iPhone.

Alice

14. pakkman781

pakkman781 New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Student/Webmaster
    Reality's Maze
    1. Scorched Tanks, Pocket Tanks, whatever.
    2. Plasma Pong (yes, I know the obvious obstacles)
    3. Ragdoll Masters
    4. Gish
    5. Peggle (they said it was coming, but it's not there yet!)
    6. Chuzzle
    7. Heavy Weapon (another popcap game)

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head...

15. OmniGeno

OmniGeno Member

Jul 18, 2008
    I'd also like to add that it might be interesting to be able to use the touch or iPhone as a wireless or wired game controller on the computer. I know that without tactile feedback it might not make a whole lot of sense, but I can think of a couple situations where it might work.

Another game idea, any SNES rpg or a star fox type space/air combat sim.

16. jpyre

jpyre New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Piffburgh, Pistolvania
    Operation Wolf
    Lethal Enforcers
    Virtua Cop
    Silent Scope
    that areosmith game :)
    House of the Dead
    Panzer Dragoon (someone already said that)

Basicly any arcade shooter, aim the iphone down reeeal quick for a reload and point away ;)

17. RogueOps

RogueOps New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    I didn't read through all the pages but I read through the first 4 or so...I think a great game for the touch screen would have to be

PORTAL!

I like cake and companion cubes!

Time Crisis Would be a good one too cause you don't control the movement you just shoot and reload

18. foxxxy79

foxxxy79 New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Games for the iPhone

Shenmue from the Dreamcast would be an awesome game for the iPhone. Some others I would like to see are Madden and Tiger Woods from EA. Also, I would like to see Zuma.

19. Ape_Man

Ape_Man New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    #59 Ape_Man, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
    I would like to see some old Amiga and 80's type games.

Here is a list of games I used to love that would be brilliant on the touch screen.

Turn based, old school, RPG's would just be perfect for the touch interface.. I used to love the Phantasie series and the Dragonlance games. Phantasie III for the win for me.

Don't forget Dungeon Master.

Ports of Call. I used to play this for hours with friends.

Marble Madness! This game was made for the iPhone, just 25 years early.

Any of the LucasArts games. The Scumm engine would translate beautifully, as already mentioned earlier.

Defender of the Crown.

Soccer management games.

Omni Play Horse Racing. Still the greatest horse racing game ever.

There are a few that I can't remember the names of. I'll post them when I remember.

Turn based strategies, like Civilisation, Populous, Powermonger or the Sim City Games (and its variants)

Battle Chess

That'll do for now.

Ape Man

20. mek

mek Well-Known Member

come on EA -

Archon, I haven't played that since the Commodore 64