Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. dbldare

dbldare New Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Maybe something like a simple pac-man deal? Some of the 80's games would be fun. If we are talking racing - Pole Position?? ahhh the good 'ol days!

dbldare

2. girlgeek101

girlgeek101 Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Three of my favorites that I would buy under $20 are:

1. Scrabble
    2. Lingo
    3. Myst

3. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    WE already got Namco on board ^^ Pac-Man will be for sure, don't know about pole position but namco did iPod classic port ;]

4. dbldare

dbldare New Member

Jun 11, 2008
    EXCELLENT! You guys rock!

5. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    I just discovered a perfect game for iPhone OS... LocoRoco
    It's about rolling the gravity to roll they gloomy things around ;p see on video so you know what i mean

This game could own on iPhone with accelerometer usege o.o Toob ad that Sony was first >.<

6. coolfrost

coolfrost Member

Jun 13, 2008
  7. friekunater

friekunater New Member

Jun 14, 2008
    monopoly

wheel of fortune

wiimote-like bowling (?)

Sims

KingdomGame native app

super monkey ball's guna rock!!!!

8. Trahannn

Trahannn Member

Jul 8, 2008
    #28 Trahannn, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
    a simple turn-base rpg, ping pong, the sims.

i hope there will be online multiplayer on some games.

9. ProdigalGamer

ProdigalGamer New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Web developer
    Gotham
    Turn based strategy

As a long time lover of all turn based strategy I would love to see something like the Final Fantasy tactics games or even the Tactics Ogre games. I think it's the perfect platform to just pick it up, play a few turns, then move on. Someone has to be doing this, right?

10. transer

transer Member

Jul 14, 2008
    A nice RPG would be great, esp. with an online option.

A good trivia game. Heck, even the music one that's on the traditional iPods would be nice. Internet access will mean the ability to get new content, which will be nice.

Multiplayer-I've used games like Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit with friends on my Treo, and it's been great to have a way to play together while waiting around.

I also agree with an earlier poster, Wipeout would be perfect....but as mentioned, I suspect that won't make it to the iPhone b/c of Sony =/

11. MattGTO

MattGTO Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Lets see a First-Person WWII game, possible a take on BF1942...that CAN work on the iPhone, technically speaking, and a Nascar or street racing game...no fantasy racing crap like CroMag.

12. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wroc&#322;aw
    If Apple open access to songs for SDK apps we may see port of Song Summoner by Squere Enix for iPhone/touch :>

13. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'd love to see ports of Nethack and Space Trader for the iPhone/Touch. Some kind of turn-based RPG or war game would be great too.

14. chrisb3

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    There are apps that allow for your music library to play while the app is running. Trism and Cube Runner are 2 apps that come to mind that allow this.

15. Trahannn

Trahannn Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Vay is an rpg out right now, but I can't play it until I get some money. It's $4.99

16. chrisb3

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Wow! Where'd that come from? I've been scouring the app store for days and this is the first time I've seen this app. And the app store page for it says it was released on July 6!

17. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    Ugh I could of been playing Vay for a few days now, thanks Apple for a confusing App Store!

18. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

#38 Gregz0r, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
    I'd like to see a lot more bona fide retro classic arcade titles, such as Sega's OutRun, Power Drift & Super Monaco GP. Also, arcade classics like R-Type, Track & Field, Pole Position, etc, but not at the £5.99($9.99) price point. I feel that's a little too high for these older titles. I'd be more happy with £2.99.

I have these all in MAME on my PC, but it'd be sooo much cooler to have them portable :D

19. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    What about Panzer Dragoon? It would be perfect because its a rail shooter and the controls would be great. Tap the screen to shoot turn it left and right to change your view.

20. Phineaspoe

Phineaspoe New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    1. A well thought out RTS. Touch screen would make it easy to implement.

2. Guitar Hero/Rhythm music game - easy to implement and play on the go