Games you want a price drop!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mattll, May 25, 2009.

1. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    I knew someone'd say this soon

2. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    sjleworthy, how do you a make of an RPG? :D

[app]Dominate[/app]

3. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Zenonia - no way am i paying $5.99 for those graphcs
    iBomber - $2.99 for only 12 levels seems steep
    HoS - instant buy at $2.99, on the fence at $4.99
    GeoDefense - why are you a $1 more than other TD's?

4. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    HoS sucks at 2.99 also. GeoDefense is a great TD game and worth every penny. $6 for Zenonia is a steal for such good graphics, gameplay, replayability, smoothness, and story.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I think developers need to drop their prices so low that they end up going negative and paying us gamers to play their games.

6. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    :(
    Remember how at the app store's beginning people readily spend $10 on games that most now think aren't even worth $1

but I'll wait for Zenonia too

7. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Sonic THe Hedgehog
    Resident Evil: Degeneration
    Zenonia

That's bout it for now.. :)

8. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    can somebody fix the title? it's kinda bothering me

-NFS

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Yep, pretty sad trend honestly. :(

10. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    The fact of the matter is that they ripped us off when the app store opened, the only game that was worth $10 then and now was Super Monkey Ball.

11. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    It's a fine line. Pricing expectations are certainly of out of control with regards to the App Store, but being frugal is nothing new nor is it always a bad thing. You're waiting for Zenonia. If The Sims releases at $10, I'll most likely wait for it to come down a little (or for my desire to own it to overpower my better senses ;)). We've all used coupons or rifled through a sale rack. I think the problem is when we expect dirt low prices as some sort of App Store consumer entitlement. Waiting or hoping for sales is a little more benign.

12. CheeseBob

CheeseBob Member

May 7, 2009
    I'd buy NFS if a price drop came but to be honest I think most of the games on app store are worth more than what developers are being forced to sell at to get to the top of the charts.

I wont buy games at high prices now though as been burnt by games in the past which drop prices after a few days on sale!

13. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

everyone in this topic go back to your hole where you have no money please :) If you cant afford the games then stop complaining about them being too dear. Its up to you not the developer. Games like geodefense is definitely worth the price as is zenonia and many more that people are mentioning.

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

How is a developer pricing their application at what they feel their time to develop it was worth ripping anyone off? All this 99¢*market is doing is driving away talented developers, and those developers are being replaced by the Khalid Shaikhs of the world who are more than happy to churn out endless piles of shovelware on the outside chance that someone buys them.

If the App Store could have sustained itself at a $10 average price point, the games we would be seeing now would be light years beyond what we have now because developers could afford to make iPhone games without needing shoestring budgets and extremely rushed development schedules.

It honestly blows my mind how people can be complaining that Zenonia isn't worth $6. The game features three classes, a reputation system, and 30-40 hours of gameplay. Between the classes and deciding whether to go good or evil you could easily play through the game twice if not three times and it would be completely different. I really hope price whiners are just the extremely vocal minority, but I'm not so sure anymore.

15. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

very much agreed :) THANK YOU

16. CheeseBob

CheeseBob Member

May 7, 2009
    That was my point exactly Hodapp, before the 99 cents madness people were shelling out $10 for inferior java games.

Now though developers are being forced to sell cheap to scale the charts.

17. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA

You hit the nail right on the head there. I hate people complaining about prices on everything. Almost everything in the app store is worth the money, think about it. $5 - $10 games are freaking amazing and lasting, how much are xbox 360 and PS3 games, in the $50 to $70's right? Everyone is just so spoiled from the low prices on apps, so when a $5 to $10 game comes around they cry about it and ask for price drops. I honestly think we should have to pay double what we are for these games, thats just my opinion though.

18. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    i think u are right but f.e. car jack streets or galaxy on fire are worth 5-...$ too but they are cheaper offered and in my opininon i wate til the game is cheaper and then i buy it
    but i can understand the dev meaning

19. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    so what's your point? it angers you that people would complain, and
    i'm saying this to hoddap too, it's nothing new what you're saying here, a lot of us could have said the same thing, so there is no point in writing that whole thing again.

HA! what now..?

EDIT: Hoddap can you change the threads title?

20. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Just my opinion :eek:. It just seems we are all spoiled by sales, so when things aren't on sale people want it on sale and ask for it to go on sale.