Games You Regret Purchasing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Enco, Oct 12, 2010.

1. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    There really is not point in collating everyones regretted purchases, as you would end up with basically every game.

Everyone has different tastes.

2. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I dont think arrogant is the right adjective but really I dont care about it anymore. Things happen and I move on. Notice that i wrote that on the day so obviously I was angry.

And I dont think you understood Defender Chronicles either.....

3. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Agreed, DC is brilliant.

4. Shatner's hairpiece

Shatner's hairpiece Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Ha ha! I didn't UNDERSTAND it! That's what it was! If only I could be more understanding.

5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Games I regret purchasing:
    The Incident (fun for the first minute, no long-term interest)
    Revolt (simply not fun enough, very repetitive levels)
    Amazon: Hidden Expedition (hidden object game with way too small objects to find, cluttered stuff everywhere)
    Mummy Panic (gets boring very fast, although I like puzzles)
    Rogue Planet (generic story & visuals, clumsy interface, not fun to play)
    Evac (very poor controls)
    Buka (too simple, fails to entertain for long)
    Treasure Jones (not really fun, the platforming elements are quite shabby)
    A Moon For The Sky (weak controls and level design - WireWay was a LOT better)
    Pocket God (I got bored very very fast)
    Cannon Cadets (weak Angry Birds clone, annoying physics implementation, just not fun)
    X2 Snowboarding (way uglier than the screenshots implied, not fun)
    X2 Football (the worst of all football games I own)
    Shrek Kart, Shrek Forever After (very poor controls)
    Gomi HD (no fun whatsoever, and I loved LocoRoco)

6. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I always wait till apps on sale but some I Haven't have been stuff like Keizer apps. And although Keizer games are quality, the implementations aren't always the same way. Robotmaster is good and quality though. Also Sonic I paid full price for that and can't say I was a fan of it.

7. selidor

selidor Member

Oct 20, 2010
    2D Artist
    UK
    I'm generally pretty careful with buying games even from the App Store, but I do have a couple that disappointed me.

Broken Sword
    I generally love this sort of game, but I found George really annoying and practically loathed him by the time I reached the end, and it really spoiled the game experience for me.

The Jim and Frank Mysteries
    Again I wasn't really fond of the characters in this one (and the gender balance was really off - of the handful of female characters in it, I don't remember a single one of them contributing anything substantial to the plot; all of the main players in the story were men). The puzzles felt kind of contrived rather than natural progressions through the story (the person you need information from conveniently happens to have a crossword puzzle that they can't solve and would rather a pair of kids solved it for them instead).