Games You Regret Purchasing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Enco, Oct 12, 2010.

1. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Seriously! They should be punished!

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    +1!!!

I regret buying archetype...on sale...i bought it as soon as i got halo cuz i thought it'd be cool for my new ipod...WOW

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Regret is for chumps, I still have regrets though. Haha.

4. bmanic

bmanic Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, I regret buying archetype as well.. even at 0.99$ it was a waste of money.

Very boring game play, too few players and stupid weapons. Killing people with one swipe of the rifle is just plain stupid.

5. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I can't blame you, though I would definitely look at modern combat 2, if you didn't mind the controls in bia you'll enjoy it. Also, the online is truly great.

Games I regret?
    NBA live
    AC1
    veggie samurai.

6. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    i actually enjoyed nba live

7. tomheroes

tomheroes Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Two games that I felt were total waste of money

The first is Monster Ranch. I loved Monster Rancher on the PS1 and it looked to be the same kind of game. Spent $5.00 for a game that I could never get online to play. Their servers were never working. After a week of trying, I erased it. Now the game is free.

The second game is Star Shipping Inc. I was stupid and bought it before there were reviews. I learned my lesson there. The description made it sound like a space trading game in the vein of Elite. What I ended up with is a game that lasts a few turns and then ends. You have three planets to trade with and three types of commodities. The game ends when you run out of fuel, which is very quickly. A wasted $3.00. The game dropped in price to $.99 soon after I bought it.

Other than that, most of the games I didn't like were free games, so there was no loss, other than time.

8. Shatner's hairpiece

Shatner's hairpiece Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #68 Shatner's hairpiece, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    Dexter: awful controls, some mini games ridiculously hard.

Spider: the secret of Bryce manor (really overated, got boring after 15 minutes)

Angry birds: repetitive, trial and error gameplay gets boring really fast. Can't imagine the lack of a life you must have to work your way through every level and/or get 3 star ratings on top of it.

vampire saga: pandora's box: Really hard to read, dimly lit, tiny text, unless you are playing in total darkness, and even then it's still hard to read. Probably better suited to full screen pc.

Knights rush: Mashing your finger across the screen in an ever accelerating pattern is not my idea of fun, or a game. Try it in public sometime and see how fast people stare at you like you're a complete freak; and you know what? They're right!

Assassins creed: I'd like to assassinate the idiot who designed the jumping controls. I don't know how much time I spent trying to walk a ledge, or jump from a ledge, fall and have to start over again, not at where you fell off, but way back in the level. I cannot stand games that make it easy to fail, and force you to start over, again and again. Reminds me of all those old lame pc games that involved platform jumping with microsecond timing.

Hook champ: Overated, and I'm just not into 'fall and fail' games. It pisses me off to invest a certain amount of time into a level, crash and have to start over. Most platformers do this to me. Cannabalt is another good example. I played the free version for exactly 2 minutes before saying, like the guy in 'The Thing', 'You've got to be effin kidding me...."

Pocket God: Another 'buy it because everyone else bought it, so it must be good.' If you're five years old, this could be good for an afternoon of entertainment, but I'd rather play with LEGO.

Many more I can't even remember, as I deleted them completely.

9. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    As harsh as your post sounds to some of best OS games i agree.

Most of the games you mentioned i heard about but didn't even bother buying because their dull. Angry birds and Hook champ are just frustrating. And yes, repetitive. I still play AB because it is a little addictive but putting too much time in pwning pigs is tiresome, and angrifing {:p}

10. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    doodle jump - total waste of space, can anyone enlighten me what is so interesting about this genre? most overrated pile of utter rubbish in video game history.

champ manager express and 2010 - one of the greatest pc/amiga games ever created was always going to go downhill when the best part of the old dev team went on to make FM ;) the mobile versions are horrific in design, crash like crazy plus its bugged and incomplete. if anyone enjoys these i can only assume they are ameoba.

duke nukem 3d - oh dear. contender for most clueless control design award.

11. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Archetype: Not a lot of players, I didn't really like the feeling of the game and I bought it very close to Modern Combat 2.

12. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Any game that went free or on sale within a couple days after I bought it. I'm looking at you Gameloft.

13. Enco

Enco Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Fingerbalance - Nothing special. The presentation isn't great and I've hardly played it. Nothing that attracts me to.

0.003 Seconds - As above, nothing compelling me to play. Few levels and not that interesting or fun.

14. Lautron

Lautron Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Not sure if anyone has said this one but:

Splinter Cell: Conviction!

I accidentally pressed buy when browsing the app store and thought "oh well" but am I ever wrong. Some issues:

Terrible collision detection
    Crazy amount of pop-in
    Bad AI
    Low framerate (might be due to using a 3G)
    A couple of bugs/glitches within the first 2 levels
    Controls not responding AT ALL at certain points

I could probably go on if I kept playing...

15. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I hate accidentally hitting that damn button.

16. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I suggest to Apple to add a confirm message before the purchase...please hear me Apple! thanks!

17. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    #77 sammysin, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    Very good plan, send it to Mr Jobs!

18. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    They do, go into account and click "reset warnings" ;) then it'll take your password and ask you for confirmation. Then no accidents happen.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    ...unless you have to maintain multiple accounts...

20. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Why would one have multiple accounts (except the obvious US account for promo codes).