Games You Regret Purchasing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Enco, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    What's your problem with puzzles?:D

2. EnigmaticOddity

Mar 1, 2010
    Heroes Lore: Stigmata of Gaia. I bought it because it looked a lot like a Secret of Mana clone, and the still screenshots looked fantastic. But it was a dull button mashing action RPG in the same vein as many other action RPGs on the App Store; built heavily around MMO style fetch quests of collect 10x of this item. Also, whilst the game in still shots looked fantastic, any animation looked terrible due to poor frame rates and lazy animation (ie. a two frame walking animation).

Still waiting for the first decent original App Store RPG. Space Miner seems to be the closest thing I've found so far.

3. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I can't say I really regret purchasing any of the games I've gotten. I think they've mostly all been worth the buck or two. Theres some I haven't really played much but thats mostly a consequence of the fact that a few really great games tend to be my "go to" games when I have minutes to kill.

I have to say though that some of the comments re Angry Birds truly leave me scratching my head. Complaints about "randomness", "no skill" etc make me wonder if people are actually talking about the same Angry Birds I've been playing for months now. I mean when I start a level in AB, I look at the structure and the birds I'm given to dismantle it with and I come up with a strategy to try and accomplish my goal of squishing all the pigs. Ftmp when I aim my shots the birds go where I expect them to, and when they hit my target I get the expected result within a reasonable limit. Sure, the pieces don't always collapse in a 100% believable fasion, but once you've played the game a bit you quickly get accustomed to the little idiosyncracies involved. I've never found a level to be all that tough to 3 star. Theres been a few that kept me trying for a while but nothing that frustrating. I like Cut The Rope, but I don't find it to be any more fun than AB at all...

4. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Wow, I don't think I regret any of my purchases. Probably because I don't buy any Gameloft or EA games anymore because they're to hard to control. I leave my iPod Touch to the casual games (for the most part). Games I would have put down are Call of Duty: Zombies and Rayman 2. But they actually got fixed lately. I can PLAY Rayman 2 and have all the map in Zombies. So no regrets.

5. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #45 dyscode, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    First to say, not a big deal for the $1 I paid for them but I could have also lived happily without the experience.

Guerillia Bob
    Creatures: First Blood
    MiniGore
    Cobra Command
    Cowboys vs Zombies
    Rhythm Spirit
    Spore Origins
    Zombie Wonderland

actually not a bad ratio, considering the 922 apps I own.
    for the other apps I donĀ“t like I have no right to dismiss them because I go them for free from the AppStore.

*edited becasue I remember how bored I got with those.

6. Enco

Enco Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Do you guys want the list of all mentioned games in the op? With a warning that it's just opinion just for safety.

7. holymadness

holymadness Active Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Cut the Rope.

It's the only app I've ever bought on impulse and I regretted it about 10 minutes later. At least it was only 99 cents. Oh well.

8. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    alive 4 ever

i don't know why but i hate this game really much:mad:

9. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    I remember buying spore origins for full f-ing price when it first came out. I'm so pissed off

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    i hope this is sarcasm lol..

11. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    Games I regret buying? There's probably a ton, but these are the few that I can offhand remember:

A Wizard of the forest - nice icon, looks fun from the pics, but it's absolutely horrible.

Pillowfight Girls - there's like 3 frames of animation for every big attack. Nothing about this game is good. The girls don't even look great. Their face's are just creepy.

Astro Ranch - bought full version for $2.99, it later went up to 4.99, then free, then they took away my ability to play it while trying to make me pay another $10. Nope, not gonna bite.

Stickbound - this one a little less regretful over, but it's the principles behind it.

Normally I wouldn't care much about wasting a buck on a decent product but the first two were some of the worst things I have ever played. I lost two bucks, but damn, I also supported two of th sh**tiest offerings in the whole store. Tag games, never buying another app from them so yeah, they lost a customer.

12. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Pocket Gods

I bought it last year when I got my first ever i-device, and saw a huge thread here where tons of people seemed to love it. It looked cute and funny, it was 99cents, so I bought it. After "playing" it I was left completely confused how anyone could enjoy it. There is nothing there. No game. Absolutely nothing. It's like a Fisher Price toy, except much worse and not made for toddlers.

Besides that, I don't have many regrets. Just lots of games I bought for a buck, and hardly ever found time to actually play. At these prices, any regret is mild - I can't even get a bad cup of coffee for a dollar, so even if I only get 15 minutes of fun from an app, I can't complain too much.

13. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Hook champ - overhype. Sword and poker 2 - should've the been an update to the first one and not a sequel. Gangstar 2 - the 1st one is better.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    +1 great post

15. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Assassin's Creed 1. Pretty much killed Gameloft for me.

16. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    sigh.. your mom

17. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    There is only 1 Pocket God!

18. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    The only gameloft game I ever bought was Brother In Arms (first one). Which I personally thought it was great for its time, but I dont really play it much anymore. I've always heard that gameloft games are receptive so I've tried to stay away from them. I'm sure Nova might be okay but I really don't see me playing the campaign more that twice. I've also heard that its online isn't that good.

Anyways the only games I really regret buying is probably Grav Runner and Doodle God.

19. Tictactouch

Tictactouch Member

Oct 14, 2010
    sleeping
    Nirvana
    Gardening Mama, hated it bought it too review :(

20. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    HOW DARE YOU REGRET BUYING SUPER MEGA WORM?!

Anyway... shouldn't have bought Assassin's Creed 2... at highest price...