iPad Games with the most replayability?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kennfusion, Dec 8, 2008.

1. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    I like all sorts of games, but the reason I am willing to pay more for some games over others for me has a lot to do with potential replayability. I won't pay for a puzzle game that has x number of levels because once I know the solution to them, that is kind of it. Wheras a game like Frenzic at least I am always striving for a higher score.

What are some of the games with the highest replayability in your opinion?

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Trism has lasted me a good while, with different endless modes and puzzle modes where you must clear all the triangles by tilting the iPhone and making the match.

Galcon is great for it's online and everything, and I'm constantly going back to it and playing

Simple games like 300 bowling and Blocked have kept me entertained for a long time, because you don't need any designated amount of time to play them and they're so easy to just pick up and play.

3. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Boomshine/Bugz are both simple apps that haven't gotten old for me.

Bike or Die 2 has more levels then you can shake a stick at...

Flick Bowling - hey its bowling. I play this all the time and its always fun.

Live Poker - you're playing real people. Slow texas holdem, if you like it go for it, it's free!

Virtual Pool - I've had this since like day one and I still play it constantly.

Line Rider - if you like art and being creative this app has endless possibilities.

4. Mad Portagee

Mad Portagee Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Warfare Inc. - Downloadable Levels

5. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Easily Trism. Even though Super Monkey Ball was the very first app I got, I still find myself playing it 3 or 4 hours a week.

6. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Don't overlook logic, word, or number games:

* Crosswords (l use 2 Across)

* Word scramblers (I like Scramboni but haven't found a single-player word game I like)

* Quick Draw (like Pictionary, but again it's multiplayer only)

* Sudoku is always a classic and there's something vaguely similar called KuGon that I like

But any game that has randomly-generated challenges is likely to have high replayability, compared to linear "quests." (Galcon and Dr. Awesome fit that bill for me.)

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I constantly still play Galcon

I have been playing a lot of Warfare INc.

ishoot

lawn darts

papi jump

8. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Here is my top 10 favorite games with high replay value. Maybe this will help

1. Fuzzle - Super super addicting, I play it every day
    2. Frenzic - Fast paced puzzle game, I play this one a lot too
    3. Bike or Die 2 - 2600+ levels to pick from. Is that enough replayability for ya? :)
    4. 2079 - Fun, cheap little addicting game :)
    5. Dr. Awesome - At first this game looked stupid because it only has tilt controls, now I love it!!
    6. Fieldrunners - very high replay value but not too much depth
    7. Warfare Incorporated - Lots of long lasting missions, an amazing RTS
    8. Trism - very addictive, but slow gameplay
    9. SPiN - Fun and original
    10. Papi games - fun and cheap

9. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    I'm blatantly promoting my game, but replayability is what Smiles was designed for.

14 game modes, each with randomly generated levels. Two distinct games (Drop and Zen, also sold separately). 140 Achievements between the two games. High scores, statistics, 3 themes to choose from.

Smiles Zen is a unique patience game like Solitaire and Mahjongg, yet almost Sudoku like. 4 Difficulties to choose from, with randomly generated levels.

Smiles Drop is vaguely a Bejeweled like puzzle game, but with arcade'ish elements. You don't have to wait around like most Matching games make you. You can make new matches while all the dropping and clearing effects happen. That lets you rack up huge scores, million point combo's and such.

Or alternatively, Smiles Drop doesn't force you to act, like so many arcade Matching game puzzlers do. The clock is hidden away from you on the pause menu, and you're free to examine the board and plan out a strategy as you see fit. When rocks show up, you can opt to turn the iPhone/iPod touch and break it from a different angle.

Smiles Drop further breaks down in to a number of extra modes. Avalanche, where everything new is ice; Long Play, where it's a little bit easier to do multiple matches (and floater matches... see video); Hard, which makes the ice harder to break (forcing you to focus on matches in a different way); and finally Six, where you can lose in as few as two moves.

You can see the game in action via a video on the website.

10. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #10 HardcoreEricXXX, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
    block breaker deluxe 2
    platinum solitare
    wurdle
    hidden everest
    warfare inc - the best game on iphone
    real soccer 09
    brain challenge every morning
    Spin
    bike or die 2

I play all these games once a day

11. narr

narr Member

Nov 11, 2008
    For me it's definitely Snail Mail - can't get enough of it... highly addictive!

12. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I'm suprised no one has said Blackbeards Assault... My most played game to date...

13. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Agree awsome game!!!!!

14. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Definately. I do get the feeling that a Snail Mail 2 is on the way. This just feels too much like a tech demo. Bad feeling that all of us who bought it are about to get abandoned and laughed at by Sandlot Games. I am working on a review of Snail Mail on my blog, too. I haven't had time to do it, yet.

15. Alfex

Alfex New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Software tester at MS
    Bellevue, WA
  16. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    bike or die has my vote. I've beaten 18 levels so far and play it quite often

17. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I got my moneys worth and thats all I care about. and if snail mail 2 is on the way even better:D

18. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Bike or Die definitely has the most replayability in terms of levels offered 2600+

It's gotten to the point that it frustrates me so much now that I really can't play it for more than 10-15 a day, max. Yet I keep coming back for more... :p

19. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Yea, but this one is really nice, but I see that it will be abandoned and we are acting as beta testers, not as bad as Cube, but still see this one being replaced. But I still got my value out of it.

20. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Yeah i wouldnt feel bad if snail mail 2 came, it was worth my 2 bucks.

I agree about Bike or Die, its really the only game i play every day. And so many levels, trust me it will never be over. Right when you start to get a little sick of it, you beat the level and unlock another, and you get addicted to the new level. It really keeps you hooked.