Apple TV Games we WANT to see come to Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by musicalmac, Dec 28, 2015.

1. JoanMartin

JoanMartin New Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Minecaft definitly

2. Pelted

Pelted New Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Since Minecraft added controller support some time ago, and there are several set top version of it already, I'd place money on the hold up being related to Apple's instance on support for the ATV remote.

3. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    Looks like you might have been right, but regardless, Minecraft (with controller required) is now on Apple TV! Now that the requirement for remote support is gone, perhaps more of the wishes in this thread could come true.

I just went back through and saw the suggestion for Deimos Rising, what a blast from the past! That would be sweet.

4. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    lets hope rockstar and square enix are reading this... ;)

5. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Broken Age is amazing on Apple TV with the siri remote... works so well, and it's a great game!

6. wtphug

wtphug Member

Jan 3, 2015
    It is one of several games I bought over the holidays and have been playing whenever I get a chance. I'm enjoying it very much. The voice acting is wonderful and I love the snarky dialogue. Great game.

7. Jim=D

Jim=D Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Studying Teaching
    Australia
    rpg please!

Any of the final fantasy and Dragon quest games!

I don't understand why apple tv games can't be universal apps the same with iPhone/ipad etc.

8. desito

desito Active Member

Dec 6, 2016
    A 4x game. And out there too

9. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    All the Final Fantasy Games.

Also. What do you guys think of this, bring back the Game Center app to TV, Watch, iPhone, iPad and utilize it.
    For example, I'm playing this MMORPG and meet some new people online that seem cool, so I send them a friend request, using my "gametag/username."
    I then have to log off and go to work, while at work I send messages through the Game Center app talking about how much fun I had and send out requests to play later on tonight. Notifications can be viewed and replied on the Watch.
    When I get home and open the app I can look at other players to see who is home and even their achievements or send requests to play.
    My own profile is also viewed to a degree that I want. Like my friend that I know in real life can see my real name and I can see his if We want that to be shown, while someone I don't know but met through the game can only see my username. I can post games played and highlight videos or pictures. Have a toggle for availability if I want to turn it off on certain devices like the TV so it doesn't interrupt my movie that I'm watching, but I get it on my watch.

10. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    That would be pretty cool :)

11. Simoqsa

Simoqsa Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    Platformers like Goblin Sword would be nice.

12. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland

Well they more or less can be. It's entirely at the discretion of the developer if they want to include the Apple TV version for free with the regular iOS version. Or if they want to charge separately for it.

I'd guess Apple's thinking on it was down to the fact that there can be quite a bit more work involved in making the Apple TV version.

While the code base remains largely the same, there are Apple TV specific optimisations to be done. Reworking controls, graphics, interfaces and so on.
    It's not hard work by any means, but it can be time consuming and I believe that's why some developers choose to charge separately for their games on Apple TV.

I don't particularly agree with it myself. Any and all games I release for the Apple TV (if it's a paid game) will always be included with the purchase of the iOS version.

Granted I don't often charge for my apps, I'm just happy if people use/play them. It's not where I make the bulk of my money. It's sort of a hobby for me, just something to keep my mind occupied because I despise doing nothing.

Hmmmm, I do seem to ramble on something rotten when my morphine kicks in :rolleyes:

13. wtphug

wtphug Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Thanks for your explanation. It answered the question I've had since the ATV 4 came out. I purchased a few tvOS versions of iOS games I already owned when I first got the ATV. These days, however, I find that I hold off on purchasing some newly released iOS games as I'd rather wait to see if a tvOS version will eventually come out, and I don't want to pay twice. I have tons of iOS games on my iPad, and I play games every single day, but I'm not a mobile gamer in the true sense. I only play these games at home. I really hope more developers start creating tvOS versions of their games, as well as be upfront before release about whether or not they will charge separately for each version.

14. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland

Yeah it's a shame that the Apple TV isn't more widely supported, I'd also prefer if games were released with no extra cost for the Apple TV.

I know, as I mentioned before, why some choose to charge separately. Indeed I released a couple of games onto it myself so I know just how much extra work can be involved. The platformer I made a while back took a ridiculously long time to optimise for Apple TV.
    But those and any future Apple TV suitable games I release will always be single purchase. Despite the extra work, I believe that it offers a better value purchase for the customer and they may well be more likely to buy one good value product than two separately priced purchases. But that's probably why I'm not rich :D

15. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Carmageddon series by stainless game

Pantheon : rise of the fallen

Everquest

Elderscroll legend