iPad Games that would be great if they had updates

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WOW_GEE, Jan 22, 2009.

1. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    So i was looking though some of the stuff in the app store and some of the stuff on my touch that is so so, and i was thinking that there are a lot of games out there with potential to be good, if only they had updates in specific categories.
    I had in mind games like:

Duck Hunt (recently released) - If it had sound it would be a great port of the old duckhunt; however according to the dev this is imminent.

The ipet, virtual pet, nintendog-like games out there; if enough effort were to go into these, they could really be awesome.

I also think the lemonade stand simulation apps could really be good if enough thought were put into them.

What do you guys think? What apps do you wish had more updates/more effort put into them?

2. Adr3naLine

Adr3naLine Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Fieldrunners! I want my 1.2 update! :p

3. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Zombie Mansion. Accelerometer support would make this game..... a game. Also if Urban Tycoon wasn't abandon by the developer, it might have brought up interest again.

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    every app could be great with updates!

5. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Fieldrunners (1.2 ftw!) and BESIEGEMENT!

6. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I agree. My thought when I saw this thread was that it would be time-consuming to write a list. So many games and apps could be great if they were updated.

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yes but seriously, what defines an update? I mean what if the dev of urban tycoon came in and "updated" his game and made it better than simcity for only a buck? See what i mean, every app has the possibility to be amazing with updates.

8. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    neverputt me could be better with an update
    same thing with paper pilot
    urban tycoon (needs update badly)

9. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Snails reloaded: it's pretty fun but the control scheme, and general interface set up are horrible (such as ridiculously small menus). With some minor adjustments this game could be great

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Tap Tap Revenge (new engine)
    Crossbones (improved multiplayer)
    Crayon Physics (better framerate, level sharing)
    Orions (new cards)
    iTD (more levels)
    Saturday Night Fever (more songs)
    Chimps Ahoy (2 player - the other version has it)

11. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes indeed. Every app has the possibility to be amazing with the right kind of update. I've had the misfortune to buy some appalling games that might even become playable with right kind of update. I use the word 'might' as I no longer hold out any hope that those updates are coming...

12. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    I agree that all apps have room for improvment in different areas, but it's a question of specifically what areas they should be updated in. Such as controls, user interface, options, gameplay. I'm not talking about nitpicking currently good apps, just the ones that have a reputation of being not so good that could really end up being great if they were fixed in one or more of the areas mentioned above.

13. Nicarolina

Nicarolina Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Amazing X-ray will be

they are adding a ton of stuff that makes it sound like it will be great

14. Nicarolina

Nicarolina Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Band!!!

this was my most dissappointing app ever, but if they added a bunch of sweet instruments, like a real guitar it could be awesome

15. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    In the next few days BounceTrap gets a (free) update that adds tilt control to the balls after they are released. It takes a very good game and makes it into a awesome game. And by awesome I mean totally sweet.

It also has been reduced to under 10MB (from 26MB) WITH ALL THE SAME AUDIO AND GRAPHICS.

16. Stroll Garden might be a good game if it ever had an update that I could actually use it. That one hidden object game took like 4 months for an update but finally came up and now doesn't crash at level five.

17. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Crystal Defenders could definetly use one to get rid of the stupid button!

18. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Flick Bowling - come on devs, i know your here. Give us updated pin physics already!

Crayon Physics - need to add online sharing of created levels.

19. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Mafia needs an update to change their user interface. Needs those little font links to be changed to full smooth tabs and a more colorful/usable graphics.
    Also needs the ability to be able to post to family members and/or post to the whole family at once. Basically be like iMob, but without the bugs/cheats/server issues.

This game rocks, very stable, just needs an update to be a top online game

20. danc4498

danc4498 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Lux Delux is in desperate need of an update. I don't hear much about that game on this board, but I was obsessed with the demo that was released months back.