iPad games that we totally should have in app store!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pami89, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Pami89

Pami89 Member

Nov 19, 2008
    devolpers should make games at least LIKE these....

-Silent hill
    -Cooking mama
    -Bioshock
    -those cute "raving rabbids" games!!
    -Mario party

...and also a cool avatar app would be very nice...like the one Yahoo! has

APlease post if you know of devolpment is under way for games like these and post your ideas!!

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    We need a good Mario game and maybe even a Sonic game.

But what I really really really really REALLY want is Marble Blast Gold!!!!

That game would be awesome on the iPhone!

3. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I think a Sonic game would come long before a Mario game. In fact, I doubt Mario would ever be on the iPhone. Ever. :p

AND YES, Marble Blast Gold would be amazing. Seriously.

4. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

I would like to see a Worms game on the app store =)

5. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Yeah, I was hoping Monkey Ball would be a good substitute for Marble Blast... But I ended up hating Monkey Ball... :p

I just want powerups or whatever like on Marble Blast and those really big levels where you have to roll around everywhere and collect the gems. SMB is similar, but it just didn't do it for me :(

6. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I'd like to see:
    1. 3D Sonic game with similar controls and camera like in Snail Mail. No stupid "warehog" though! Just Sonic's "action" stages from Unleashed would do.
    2. Crazy Taxi.
    3. Lost winds (from wii ware)
    4. World of Goo.
    5. GTA - seems like we've getting something like it with "Car Jack Streets".
    6. Monkey Island (any version would do).

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Nintendogs
    The World Ends With You
    Final Fantasy
    Sonic

8. l33j0hn

l33j0hn Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Yea, we Do need a worms-like game on the appstore..

wasn't Zodtt working on something like it for the iphone called Hedgewars?

9. TimothyB

TimothyB Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I hope Nintendo at least considers some games for the iPhone. They already have the hand held gaming market literally in the palm of their hands. Releasing a few games for Touch and iPhone shouldn't hurt them much and yield some good profit. And the iPhone already fits their new Wii and Touchscreen type games.

10. Pami89

Pami89 Member

Nov 19, 2008
    great point

11. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    They never have and they never will. Anyone that knows Nintendo knows they won't. Same as Microsoft; they would never put Halo on an iPhone. They make Mario and the gang exclusive to Nintendo, just as it always was and always will be. Unless one buys the other, it just isn't going to happen.

That implausibility along with that the Nintendo DS is actually a considerable portable gaming competitor against the iPhone.

Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer", but Mario on the iPhone is probably the farthest thing Nintendo wants to make right now. So I'd just throw that wish in the trash. :p

12. Nintendo will only ever release their games on their own console- sorry. That's why you never see Mario etc on the PS3 or XBox.

I REALLY want Colin McCrae or WRC Rally!

13. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I would KILL for a good shmup (it would be so easy, just port Gradius, R-Type, Tiger Heli, 1942, Silkworm or frickin U.N. Squadron) and a decent fighter (Mortal Kombat ftw)!

14. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
  15. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Now we're talking!

16. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    There is a pretty decent game called iShoot that is just like Worms. It just got a major update today and it already had pretty good reviews (like 30 reviews, average 4.5 stars). The price even dropped by $2 to "celebrate the release of the update."

You guys should definitely check it out. It's an awesome game, the only problem with it is that there is still no sound. I'm sure the dev is working on this though!

If you're interested - link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293798654&mt=8

Please consider the game. I have nothing to do with the development of the game but I'd like to see it updated a lot and the dev can't do that if he doesn't get money from people who will buy it. ;)

17. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Oh man that game was classic back in the day.
    Brings back memories....
    I second that motion

18. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

That would be pretty sweet! :D

19. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I soooo want Peggle to be released in the appstore! i would buy it for whatever price. it would be a dream coming true.

20. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    As one of the old guys here, I personally am just about done with retro games. Do I need to play space invaders/defender/pitfall on every console ever made? I think I got the point of these games in the 70s-80s. How about developers stop putting out the same sh*t ten different ways and start bringing original apps to the store.

They have emulators on the PC to play older console games. They aren't as fun as you remember... trust me.