Games that doesn't work with 3.0 BETA!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pante, Apr 2, 2009.

1. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    #1 pante, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    i have a 3.0 BETA2 (iPhone 3G) and just want to post which games doesn't work with it, and which one works but with some issues. if any of you know something about other "game-3.0Beta-problem", please post in this thread. :)

DOESN'T WORK:
    1) Monospace - you can see only a big grey cube - the small ones are not visible and you can't play it.

[​IMG]

2) Monster Trucks Nitro - accelerometer issues. you don't see anything, car is crazy. NO CONTROL.

[​IMG]

3) Rasta Monkey - menu works, you start the game and then... this:

[​IMG]

4) Sheep Abduction - no chance to choose start game. only controls explanation.

[​IMG]

5) Vans sk8: pool service - after menu, the pool and your player shows but when you want to jump everything disappears, well almost:

[​IMG]

6) Biplane - you couldn't choose anything from the menu screen when first beta arrived. now you can start the game and... that's really it.

[​IMG]

7) Downhill Bowling - you can click as long you want but there's no way to start the game.

[​IMG]

8) Sheepstacker - it's hard to choose anything in the menu, but if you can start the game this is how it looks like on 3.0 beta 2:

[​IMG]

PROBLEMS:
    1) Archibald Adventures - no music.
    2) GI Joyride - cars tires are getting really big sometimes ;)
    3) Bobby Carrot Forever - every new levels starts upside-down to previous one. strange bug :)

GAMES THAT HAD PROBLEMS BUT NEW VERSION OF BETA HELPED:

1) Edge - it had sound effects, but no music. now music is back and everything works perfect.
    2) Zen Bound - the same: it had sound effects, but no music. now music is back and everything works perfect.
    3) Sway - the same: it had sound effects, but no music. now music is back and everything works perfect.

2. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Most of them seem to be games made with Unity?

3. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    so i updated the list now, every game has it's own screenshot now :)

yep, i noticed this thing too.

4. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    where is danny? maybe he can post something about games here...

5. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    er, i'm not sure if you guys noticed. Its "3.0 Beta 2 firmware". Not "3.0 firmware". No one should really expect beta firmware to work perfectly. It's not Apple's problem and it sure isn't game producer's problem too, of course unless the 3.0 firmware is actually finalized and available. Until now, 3.0 is not final so if you decided to be a beta-tester, you should expect apps built for 2.x firmware to break. If 2.x stuff still runs, just count yourself lucky.

6. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah I've noticed quite a bit of bugs so far....

I'm glad a lot of my games still work though.

7. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Email from everyone's favorite Unity dev explained it. Unity has to be updated to support 3.0. The differences between 2.x.x and 3.0 make Unity glitch and cause trouble. Try Rolly and see what happens. Try Paper Pilot too. Both are jacked. Unity doesn't support 3.0 yet.

@pante: Danny isn't here right now. Don't call for him. It is much better for now.

8. taran420

taran420 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    ive heard the new pinball game(forgot name) doesnt work aswell. this is the only reason i havent bought it yet, can someone confrm otherwise?

9. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I can confirm, the buttons don't show words and if you can find the right one and get into a game it just sits at the loading screen and never starts (Beta 2)

10. shannonkay

shannonkay Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Sheepstacker works as of Beta 3!

11. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Good list! Hopefully the "Pros' of 3.0 will outweigh these games not functioning properly ;) Lol, but they'll probably have it fixed by then.