Games Similar to Dungeon Raid?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Flipangle, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Angel Salvation may belong on the list too, what do you think? It's an rpg to some extent in that you are building a roster of monsters that gain levels and evolve.

2. decenteyes351

decenteyes351 New Member

Sep 3, 2012
    If I knew what I was doing I would be awesome at this game. I’ve faked it this far.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's pretty generic at first, but the fun starts when you have access to more character skills. Everything becomes more interesting from that point on.

4. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    The List just keeps growing and growing. I have really found some interesting titles in this genre. It also appears that Puzzle Craft was inspired by Heroes of Kalevala.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Interesting, maybe I'll have to finally give it a try what with PC having some issues. HoK is one of those games I've had for forever but have yet to actually play :p

6. Syen

Syen Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Hi! You should check my newest game for iPhone and iPad (aiming to have it out in the app store by end of September). It is inspired by Dungeon Raid, but comes with a lot of twists. You fight one monster at a time but the gameplay is fast paced and dynamic. It kinda reminds old school turn based RPG's but with the familiar puzzle element from Dungeon Raid. So you can level up, upgrade items and skills outside battles and your character does not reset when you die: every time you play you really become more powerful. And there is huge replay-ability because I have introduced 5 levels of progressing difficulty, countless upgrades, 9 different classes and 999 character levels to reach!

You can find more information and a preview here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2421956#post2421956

Thank you!

7. Syen

Syen Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    #47 Syen, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    I am not exactly sure why a double post appeared here. Please delete this one.

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Does anyone know of any multiplayer games in this genre besides Witch Wars? My wife is one of the bigger fans of Witchwars with like 4000 wins, and I have around 1100 wins myself, but dont play too much anymore.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Kinda sucks that they merged these threads. Retr0spectove finally put together a nice list and now it's buried at the bottom of page 2 :rolleyes:

10. saladfork

saladfork Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Web Engineer
    I love HoK and DR both but HoK is Jewel Quest style block matching rather than the long-chain-drawing DR matching. It has a minor town-building bit but it's really not as involved as PC.

11. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Oh Well, I guess I will just leave it as is. I really think that we should have more collaborative lists for different genres. They help to navigate the vastness of the Appstore.

12. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Puzzle Craft has a huge problem though. You can't lose, and thus it's not really a challenge at all.

13. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Yeah, and it gets pretty heavy on the grinding. You get to the point where you can make everything much easier if you collect X stone and soup, etc., but you're just doing the same thing over and over to get it. I'm not sure if I'm going to finish. There's no feeling that if you play "better" or "worse" it makes any real difference, you're still piling up goods either way.

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I dont think the mods would mind if you put your post in a separate thread. Well, they *might* but if you explain why your doing it nicely, the worst they would do is stick it back here. They seem very reasonable that way.

15. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I like having these threads combined, rather than having several separate but similar threads with similar comments and suggestions.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #56 Royce, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    Yes it's definitely better that people clicking on the thread won't be presented with a useful list of titles with links :rolleyes:

Aso, retr0, you should add Puzzle Dungeons to the list if you're still planning on working on it.

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I just said I like it better this way, with all of the information in one place. I'm not dictating what is better for anyone else. You seem to be concened about different things than I am, and that's fine.

18. Syen

Syen Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I would like to announce that the upcoming Dungeon Story puzzle-RPG will fully support multiplayer against real life opponents through Game Center (the feature is fully implemented and being tested right now).

I will provide more info as we get closer to the release of the game.

19. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Two more to add to the list from the 10000000 sale thread - Dungeon Story and Puzzle Saga.

20. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I am having Dungeon Raid withdrawals since my recent update to iOS 11. I don’t even have Darkin to take the edge off! Any suggestions?