Games Similar to Dungeon Raid?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Flipangle, Mar 8, 2012.

1. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I thought there might be similar threads and looked but did not find any. If you can post links to any existing threads on this topic that you are aware of, it would be very helpful. Thanks.

2. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I was a little uncertain about this one, but you may have pushed me over to the other side of the fence. Thank you for the feedback.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #23 Exact-Psience, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    One game not mentioned here that's similar to Dungeon Raid, is Legend Four. The only downside is the Engrish, but the IAP (although looking too expensive) is never needed. I was on the last chapter of the first world when I decided to restart and focus on a different character class, and a recent update added a new world for more content.

The game is big, has skill tree system, equip upgrade system, dungeon-esque exploration, boss fights, and battles in all Dungeon Raid glory.

AND IT'S FREE. Same with it's HD.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Sure thing. It is a great game. I should have mentioned that it does have IAP for in-game currency, however, if you have decent skill at the matching and don't spend your money frivolously early on, you shouldn't run out of money which you need to play (every farming or mining run costs 30 coins). It presents the appearance of being a freemium game, which has bothered some people, but it really isn't.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  6. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Thank you for bringing this one up. I remember playing it some time ago and seeing much potential. If I remember correctly, the balance seemed a bit off at the time, as I remember making enormous chains too easily.

7. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
  8. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Thanks for mentioning this, I'd never seen it before and it seems pretty darned nice! Like Dungeon Raid in a Puzzle Quest format.

You said you were starting over to focus on a different class...do you unlock more characters later on?

9. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Okay, a preliminary list is in place. I will add links to reviews, articles, or threads as appropriate. Thanks for the feedback and feel free to list more titles if you know of any others.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #30 Royce, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    Nicely done. I'll see if I can come up with any to add.

Edit: Well they're freemium/paidmium but for completions sake, you might want to add the jewel fighter/match fighter games.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You should be able to unlock all four characters in the first 7 chapters, iirc. Each character has very good specialization, that the way you play will change depending on your class.

12. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    So, do you think it is best to focus on one character, then, rather than choosing different ones based on the elemental advantage for each battle?

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Oh and RPG Puzzle is another one. I guess Shining Core was removed from the AppStore?

14. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I added Jewel Fighter only because if I am not mistaken, it combines the three modes published separately as the Match Fighter series.

15. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Done. I had forgotten about Shining Core - I used to enjoy it. Is it gone?

16. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    It would be nice to note which of these were universal, since many are iPhone only.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Since you can replay all stages, getting characters to level up is not a problem. BUT, you will have a difficult time earning enough resources (w/c can be gathered in-game) to upgrade equipment for more than one character, unless you go the IAP route. I like this model of IAP because it still let's you experience the whole game, but if you want multiple upgraded characters, you can pay for it. The bad thing with this game regarding IAP is that they are too expensive.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to this. It'd also be great to notice games that have HD and SD versions.

19. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I've played through the first couple of areas. The graphics are certainly decent and gameplay works fine, if unremarkable in any particular way. Not sure why, but it doesn't pull at me in that "just one more" sort of way.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah apparently so. Must have happened in the last few months since I know it was there in May. If you start typing "zlegame inc", the developer, into AppStore search it still comes up as an autocomplete option but leads to an empty page. Perhaps that means the account is still active and there's hope for a return.