Games not synced back to PC

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mattyduk, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Hi

great site by the way, and with the youtube videos, great to surf on my Touch.

Anyway, posted this on another forum, but response, so see if anybody here knows :)

I upgraded my Touch to 2.0 the day after launch, and in Itunes grabbed about 3 apps. However all the apps I've bought recently have been using the appstore on the Touch.

When I connect my Touch back to Itunes and sync it (and of course it does the large backup), the apps I've purchase via the portable appstore don't appear in my library on the PC |(the ones I bought using Itunes on the PC are there). Is this correct ? I've also tried the "check for purchases" menu option, but that says everything is fine.

So what happens if I change my Touch to an Iphone or my existing Touch goes bang. How do I get all my apps back ?

2. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Right-click on your iPod in the left column in iTunes and select "Transfer Purchases".

3. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    thanks for the reply

So that's different from using the "Check for Purchases" main menu "Store" item ?

4. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #4 BrettArchibald, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
    Never having done that before, I believe "Check For Purchases" *should* put onto your computer any games that you purchased through your iPod.
    If that's not working for you, then I dunno...
    Otherwise, "Check For Purchases" will put back on your computer any previously-bought games that have been removed from your computer for any reason -- such as if you get a new computer or if your drive dies and you need to do a re-install...

5. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    cheers. Transfer putchases did the job !

6. bacaramac

bacaramac Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Thanks for this, I will try this when I get home. It was driving me crazy not being able to load apps purchased on iPhone back to Mac without going to iTunes Store and re-downloading.

7. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering the very same thing. I assumed it was yet another bug in the 2.0 software, lol. :D